Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I’ve been back over everything they posted on this before and couldn’t find a single reference to it being 1/4. Loads of inference but they never actually said it’ll be a 1/4 PCE.

Happy to be proven wrong of course...

Never question me again...lol. It’s really reaching for us not to assume it’s 1/4. They post responses often and they never countered with it not being in scale with Kurt.

790D502D-8C19-41DB-9A36-89F1CCC0C0C4.jpg

Still doesn’t say it’s a 1/4 truck though, I don’t believe they ever said it would be.

Not denying something stated doesn’t mean it’s true.

It’s trolling on your part if you are defending them because they kinda sorta said something, but not really. Don’t be that guy.

It really isn’t and I’m not defending them at all, but people jumped to conclusions on that post incorrectly. Anyone that thought they meant that they were including a 1:4 truck for $50 extra needs their head seeing to. It was so obvious it was meant to be a much smaller scale truck.

It’s trolling on your part if you are defending them because they kinda sorta said something, but not really. Don’t be that guy.

Molecule 8 is maybe the worst company in the world in communication and marketing regards, but in this case, they never said that, and it’s ridiculous to even think or assume that a 1/4 truck could be made.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I think this is a classic case of biting off more than you can chew, underestimating the 1:6 development process, and abandoning QC. This was a company that came rolling into the 1:6 market boasting of "reinvention" and ""innovation". They had landed an interesting license; hired one of the best talents in the market to create a fantastic sculpt; and showed off some nice 3D renders. In theory it was a good plan, and enough to get a good amount of collectors to risk $299 on an untested company. It wasn't like spending $500, which was really probably closer to what the figure should have gone for had it hit on all cylinders.

I don't know how much research they did on the prices and suppliers in their workflow chain, or if they just guesstimated numbers and were more focused on licensing and cool renders. But my guess is once they actually started pricing things out the numbers were way, way off. So instead of High End Tailor A, they have to scramble and find Bargain Basement Tailor F in order to make those numbers work. Similarly, the head sculpt was probably farmed out to a lower quality manufacturer, which is why the resolution is so poor and the size is off. Molecule probably didn't factor in shrinkage or didn't know about it. The smarter thing for the company to have done would have been to forego the innovation of creating a new body system, and releasing a figure with two heads, two outfits, and a guitar (which I now understand is undersized). Instead they should have gotten their feet wet and focused on releasing a regular Lennon figure using an existing body system and with one well made outfit, which they probably could have sold for $199 or so. They could have offered figure #2 separately, either at the same time or a few months after the first one. They could have also offered the guitar for maybe $39 and if they did produce a 1/6 grand piano, that could have gone for $159 to $199 depending on complexity. That way they build up good will and a positive reputation. Then down the road, after extensive testing, they introduce their body system and other innovations as they make sense.

Instead the company has nuked its reputation. It will take a lot to rebuild, if ever. I know I won't be preordering anything else from them. And if this figure ever does arrive, I will send it back for a refund id possible.

Molecule 8 is maybe the worst company in the world in communication and marketing regards, but in this case, they never said that, and it’s ridiculous to even think or assume that a 1/4 truck could be made.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I think that's a little unfair. I agree it is ridiculous to assume that it would be 1/4 scale but if you read the post at no point do m8 deny it's 1/4. Several posts asking the question go unanswered. They do state it will be the full cab with interior though.
Now is the lack of clarification on scale to "build consumer interest" or more likely they have nothing designed or in the pipeline so they have no idea on scale and with the release that far off they can practically offer any accessory with it at this point.
In regards to the piano. I believe molecule 8 stated several times it's a separate release but I think the confusion over it is understandable as their communication is appalling, I mean the figure comes with piano playing hands and a guitar, none of it makes sense.
I do feel the way molecule8 were scaling everything that if they do ever release the piano it'll be that small John Lennon will look like schroeder from snoopy playing it.

To me the Lennon figure doesn't look great, but it's by no means a complete disaster because the sculpt is good and certainly better than what they showed last year at that show. The guitar looks nice, I'm sure the clothes can be improved. But they've used up all their goodwill to the extent that all we want to do is make fun of them. If they'd been genuine and hadn't done all that ridiculous boasting they would be getting an easier time now.

Askd One sixth Figaland his thoughts.....

" Hi in my opinion, the figure is fair the hair styles of both head sculpts are so odd, too big..... the outfits are good.
but you need to add some "imagine" for the likeness of the head sculpt, 6~7 over 10.

I think that's a little unfair. I agree it is ridiculous to assume that it would be 1/4 scale but if you read the post at no point do m8 deny it's 1/4. Several posts asking the question go unanswered. They do state it will be the full cab with interior though.
Now is the lack of clarification on scale to "build consumer interest" or more likely they have nothing designed or in the pipeline so they have no idea on scale and with the release that far off they can practically offer any accessory with it at this point.
In regards to the piano. I believe molecule 8 stated several times it's a separate release but I think the confusion over it is understandable as their communication is appalling, I mean the figure comes with piano playing hands and a guitar, none of it makes sense.
I do feel the way molecule8 were scaling everything that if they do ever release the piano it'll be that small John Lennon will look like schroeder from snoopy playing it.

Regarding the truck I personally feel they were being coy and having a bit of fun. Back when they posted it (a year ago) they were still in a position to be this way with the community, in hindsight it hasn’t served them well as people now are saying that they meant it would be 1/4 scale simply because they didn’t deny it wasn’t.

On the piano, I don’t think we’ll ever see it as (rightly or wrongly) people will assume it’s the Hello Kitty one repurposed and not an original piece and so not want it.

It looks like a man who couldn't decide if he wanted to be in a Beatles tribute band or an Oasis tribute band so meshed both looks.

Got my email from UPS, mines on its way. Seems they have used dutch firm to distribute in Europe which I think is excellent as now I dont have to pay another 60 quid in tax :)

Got my email from UPS, mines on its way. Seems they have used dutch firm to distribute in Europe which I think is excellent as now I dont have to pay another 60 quid in tax :)

Great to hear no vat to pay :) mine to soon I hope

This guy just got his and says this about the head, Interesting.

Back