Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

They're still insisting there's a complex "endoskeleton" under their "silicon" body, huh?

Wonder when that will go the way of the 'choker'?

M8: "We tried endo many ways, even leather, but we weren't happy so now we use special Corinthian plastic body."

I am amazed...I am just amazed at this whole thing. I’m still getting emails from them even though I canceled via paypal. If they do ship and I get a rendering, I will let everyone know. But Wor-Gar, how will I know what is inside a rendering (to see if Corinthian plastic or Endo)? Oh brother...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meh, even if they do the damage is done and their true colors shall remain.

Long delays like Lennon's or HB's make me wonder how many hardcore fans out there have ever purchased some company promises and died long before receiving their products. :pfft:

Damn! Holy ****! I never thought of that! That is horrible. Everyone sitting around with the Hulkbuster and you know there's a handful of people who have been waiting forever and ended up dying either accidentally or for health reasons or whatever that's so messed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn! Holy ****! I never thought of that! That is horrible. Everyone sitting around with the Hulkbuster and you know there's a handful of people who have been waiting forever and ended up dying either accidentally or for health reasons or whatever that's so messed up

unfinished projects and unrealised dreams are one thing... but I'd hate to die wondering where my doll was :lol

They clearly don’t have a finished product. Second quote and response more than says that.

They just posted a video on their Facebook page that consisted of just renderings. I think you're spot on.

M8 is just delaying until the technology of 3d printers ability to print computer renderings.

M8 is just delaying until the technology of 3d printers ability to print computer renderings.

You'll have to print it yourself and then they can blame you for any QC problems.

The communication and stalling is bad, but the delays are understandable. No doubt Molecule 8 are aware that many Hot Toys sculpts are now created utilising 3D scanning of the actors in question. As M8 are rightly wanting to be like the very best, they're taking the same approach.

They are probably just finding there's unforseen issues with their scanning of Lennon's head, which mean things just keep on looking a little... off

:monkey3

The communication and stalling is bad, but the delays are understandable. No doubt Molecule 8 are aware that many Hot Toys sculpts are now created utilising 3D scanning of the actors in question. As M8 are rightly wanting to be like the very best, they're taking the same approach.

They are probably just finding there's unforseen issues with their scanning of Lennon's head, which mean things just keep on looking a little... off

:monkey3

Yeah, I'd imagine they ran into issues exhuming Johns corpse. Ran into a lot of red tape there.

If they came on the scene and acted like any other 1/6 company people wouldn't have much issue with the delays, but they came in with the claim of quick turnarounds for their figures. That added to lies and deceit really turned people off.

Yeah, I'd imagine they ran into issues exhuming Johns corpse. Ran into a lot of red tape there.

Lennon was cremated. I imagine getting a good likeness from his ashes would be difficult, once they'd located them all wherever they were scattered. But hey, if anyone can do it, it's Molecule 8.

Lennon was cremated. I imagine getting a good likeness from his ashes would be difficult, once they'd located them all wherever they were scattered. But hey, if anyone can do it, it's Molecule 8.

Oh I wasn't aware, well they can screw up the head all they want and say that that's the shape they got from the ashes.

Back