Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Snitch :lol

They can delete my posts as long as they also delete the ones picking on new member. Let's see what a mod makes of it and if there's favoritism here.

Don't worry because I have copied them all :lol :lol

b53059e0d24870497831f642c9a158ee.jpeg

In all seriousness, the question is not if they intended to finish the piece. Obviously they are working on something, even if it's far from what they promised.

The question is ; Did they willing know they would never meet the deadlines they promised AND did they promote statements willing knowing this to drag in funds from people to further their project.

Also

Did they make up statements to promote their product which they knew was not in the production phase they said it was...or were they just so inexperienced that they grossly underestimated the time involved in producing a figure in the level they advertised.

Either way, in my view it shows a company I would rather not deal with....pick a reason....gross incompetence or willful deception.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

No backlash. You live and learn.

Those of us who have been in this hobby long enough know the obstacles a new company has to go through. The thing with M8 is that they set themselves up to fail. From day one there was no way they would be able to live up to the hype THEY created. Everyone in this collecting world wants M8 to succeed. We, as collectors, benefit from them doing so. What I don't get is how people are not understanding that M8 said this would be out in May because the figure was done. This is not a company saying we got the license and are working on a figure that will be out in a year. This is a company saying the figure is done. Let's give them that they thought this would be done in May. Does no one at M8 have any sense? I don't know the ins and outs of this manufacturing process, but common sense tells me this isn't coming out anytime soon.

People are right this company owes us nothing, but you better expect criticism when you are touting your skills.

This post really says it all...well stated.

:rotfl If life was only that easy.........I'd pay in full upfront any day for one of these gizmos...go ahead take a year or even 2 if you can make one. Money is no object.

They must have not done their market research. I wonder if they've approached a factory yet and weren't aware of the backlog from other companies figures that are lined up.

I wonder whats gonna happen to their future release products
Such as chocolate factory owner i was kinda excited about it but after i saw the pic
Of john my reaction was like this emo :slap

can one asks for a full refund if they preordered it at sideshow?

can one asks for a full refund if they preordered it at sideshow?

Sort of.

Typically, you can get a one-time courtesy refund of your NRD.

It's probably smarter to keep it, wait until it ships, and then just return it for a full refund. It's free shipping right now, so you may only be out the shipping cost to get it back to them, which is likely to be less than $30.

The irony is that M8 and the figure may have become a self fulfilling prophecy. While I am sure that they began with the best (but poorly executed) intentions I wonder what the outcome will now be. This was clearly a disguised Kickstarter so the pre-order money was their operating cash. With all of the refunds that they are giving (not just the ones that people are telling us about on this thread) the figure's quality will diminish because they are basically refunding their production budget...or they may just simply not have enough to finish it and it ends up never shipping...

Word on the grapevine is that M8 completed the sixth scale chocolate factory for Willy.

It was due to go up for pre-order this month, but unfortunately somebody left it too close to the fire.

It was a disaster similar to Nanjin's QMx Bridge display, but these things happen. They will still bring it to the next show, but be aware that another prototype is being created as we speak.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I could say a lot about that image....and M8 right now, but I will keep quiet.

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

New rule if you didn't pay in full for this figure you have no opinion! Put your green backs where your mouth is! Most of you don't even like Lennon you're just feeding off negativity!

New rule if you didn't pay in full for this figure you have no opinion! Put your green backs where your mouth is! Most of you don't even like Lennon you're just feeding off negativity!

Haha, How About No?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Word on the grapevine is that M8 completed the sixth scale chocolate factory for Willy.

It was due to go up for pre-order this month, but unfortunately somebody left it too close to the fire.

It was a disaster similar to Nanjin's QMx Bridge display, but these things happen. They will still bring it to the next show, but be aware that another prototype is being created as we speak.

Spoiler Spoiler:

giphy.gif

New rule, create your own forum and operate it anyway you want.

Weren't some people touting M8 as a company that would make Hot Toys take notice? :lol

tenor.gif

Back