Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I was, admittedly, trolling. But it was in context, because their rationalizing of the discussion made no sense.
Us collectors weren't born yesterday, we know what bad casting is.
To say they are going to add skin texture themselves again? Kim already did that for them. All the detail they need was already there - and it isnt just skin texture, it is the entire sculpts detail that was lost.
They must understand how destroying a rare sculpt like that would offend a lot of collectors.
Kim's work deserves only the best treatment.

Fine line these days between censorship and alternate facts.

This isn't News of the World Wor-Gar :lol

It's their social media page and they can present their own company on their own social media page how they please.

This isn't News of the World Wor-Gar :lol

It's their social media page and they can present their own company on their own social media page how they please.

I know... but I feel since everyone gets their "news" or information these days on facebook sites like this, it starts to get real gray. Do you allow negative feedback or do you censor it? Is that "keeping things clean" or "covering up"? Is facebook truly "personal" when you're selling things -- and should it be? These are things people will be grappling with for a very long time.

'Deleting/ignoring' what you don't like in life has gotten quite out of control.

I know... but I feel since everyone gets their "news" or information these days on facebook sites like this, it starts to get real gray. Do you allow negative feedback or do you censor it? Is that "keeping things clean" or "covering up"? Is facebook truly "personal" when you're selling things -- and should it be? These are things people will be grappling with for a very long time.

'Deleting/ignoring' what you don't like in life has gotten quite out of control.

I haven't visited their FB page, but I can imagine the tone of the comments. Constructive feedback I'd allow. Incessant whining and entitled nerd-raging I'd most definitely delete. Yes deleting/ignoring what you don't like in life has gotten out of control - but on the flipside, so has a distinct lack of courtesy.

The torch-bearing mob that is this thread is entertaining, but we're "talking amongst ourselves" as it were. People who pile on with troll posts or borderline/overt abuse on a company's public page forget that, no matter how much M8 may have brought it on themselves in many ways, they're still decent people trying to do a job as best they can. Would those making petulant comments on facebook sit face-to-face with anyone at M8 and be similarly petulant?

Social media commenting can be the equivalent of plastering obnoxious graffiti on a company's shopfront window.

Molecule8 has blocked Wor-Gar

:lol :lecture Damn straight. I've had Wor-Gar on ignore for a while now.

What about all the folks sending them $300 months back on the release date of MAY and saying it was in final production? That isn't deceptive and surely you don't think this is going to come out even this YEAR? By October the Paypal money back guarantee runs out- boy oh boy that company is on the up and up alright. Those of you who gave them 300 bucks I hope you get SOMETHING

It's only deceptive if they never had any intention of delivering. I'd put it down to incompetence and inexperience rather than deception.

A company hasn't got any sort of track record in the game, throws out a proto sculpt and bunch of glossy renders, one of which is a body design that's in the realms of fantasy - and people are happy to pony up 300 bucks up front? :lol

Incompetence and inexperience also tends to money lost in many business ventures

99988271a90d6d5c3d426d76a4237378.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And so begins 40 pages of refund woes.

I'm glad those who wanted a refund are getting a refund. There's nothing wrong with pulling your funds and waiting this out. In the end, money talks.

Honestly, in the close up, higher res shots, those closer to production sculpts don't look all that bad. Of course, not up to the level of the prototype, but serviceable. The much bigger problem is everything else. Those glasses and outfits are pitiful.

As for Facebook, what do you expect from a company trying to use that as a platform to sell things? If I had a Facebook page, I wouldn't allow people to run me down there, either. Fortunately, we have other outlets such as this forum where criticism is. . .typically. . .allowable.

Back