Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Even with all the ribbing done in this thread it is obvious many people want them to succeed, me included. But, bullshi t is bullshi t and M8 is full of it. I get touting your company as the greatest ever, but it's time to shut your mouth and deliver. This display is piss-poor.

I hate their strategy and the way they've gone about selling this...Kinda feels like a kickstarter. They definitely should come clean about production because from what is clear the production hasn't started properly yet! :slap :banghead
But if I'm honest I'd welcome a company if it plans to improve the product and offer something new especially with some cool licenses! There is a lot of room for improvement whether they take that on board and fix it is another matter. :dunno

On the money side I wasn't 100% so I paid £40 deposit with a UK retailer least that way I'm covered etc.

I can see your point, but the dishonesty is what gets me the most, personally. I can't get past it, so I'm out even if they do, by some miracle, produce something halfway decent now.

But if I'm honest I'd welcome a company if it plans to improve the product and offer something new especially with some cool licenses! There is a lot of room for improvement whether they take that on board and fix it is another matter. :dunno

landscape-1469030019-monty-python-dark-knight-fight.gif

Come on guys, the incredible endoskeleton alone is worth more than fifteen bucks.

Well maybe not A4, but definitely poster-size.

Seriously wtf. This is atrocious.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 2.33.39 PM.jpg

Look at the loss of detail - notably in the hair, and insane distortion in the sculpt. paint is worse than SS and most 3rd part companies. body looks like a joke with alien arms and very limited poseability. sculpt lost it's neck and now looks really really weird because of it.

honestly, anyone who is still supporting this company - after 4 months with only THIS to show - needs to see the light and smell the coffee

Anyone saying: "This is a prototype, wait for final". NO. you are wrong. the prototype was K. A. Kims master sculpt. It was m8's job to try n match that quality. This is what they are putting forth.

laughable.

If you have a master crafted head sculpt with expert paint, 2 of them in fact. Why would you not continue to tout that?

They have it on the booth banner (as well as a cube with all their fancy renders being shown) but not the real thing? That hair looks atrocious. At first I thought maybe some of that was just 3D prints of objects but those heads look terrible with that paint application and hair stuck on there and those glasses are even worse than I imagined them to turn out based on how thin and fine they were in the renders.

Utterly mind boggling. But as everyone said, this would still be a hopeful pass to what may come IF THEY HADN'T REPEATEDLY LIED about the current state of the figure, the level of progress, and the delivery date. Delays happen all the time in this business. No big deal. But all that they preached and then this is what they show?

At the very least, if development had been started as early at they claim, the endoskeleton would have been represent, even in an unpainted form. It doesn't exist.
Too bad Budget Stark could not have pinched the figures to see what that silicon feels like and whether there was anything under there. Pretty non-dynamic posing if those things actually are boned.

So, if they announce another delay to fix it, are people going to be happy they're listening to feedback, or upset about another delay?

So, if they announce another delay to fix it, are people going to be happy they're listening to feedback, or upset about another delay?

Nobody trusts them because they've got a track record of over-promising and under-delivering. How about that?

They shouldn't be fixing anything. They took people's money for a $300 figure promising it would be out in April, and at the end of July they have shown a $30 prototype. They are full of **** and their only achievement is commissioning a nice sculpt.

Recast KA Kim's beautiful sculpt using:

ydR7CCNl.jpeg

Back