Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I think they know exactly what they are doing, just look at how popular this thread is, whether the comments are positive or negative, has there been any new company that is yet to show a product that has created such fuss?

I have said it before they are in peoples heads, the views and replies on here are enough to show this.

The Monkees were always the band the Beatles could of been anyway.

4eaa159d289d0e2c7a86aeee1de46d8e.jpg

It's all the lies that gets me - saying they have the final and are just showing old work in progress shots. Absolute BS. No wonder the guy's other businesses went bankrupt. Makes you wonder what lies they've told the license holders.

He said that he/they are avid collectors themselves. Shocking. May 17 release stated just to get people's money.

I was looking forward to this + Wonka.

I think they know exactly what they are doing, just look at how popular this thread is, whether the comments are positive or negative, has there been any new company that is yet to show a product that has created such fuss.

It was their intent to show crappy pics that make people cancel their orders?

So, they are showing these terrible pieces only to turn around and show us the remarkable final product in a week?
M8 might be on many lips, but I don't know how that's a good thing.

I think they know exactly what they are doing, just look at how popular this thread is, whether the comments are positive or negative, has there been any new company that is yet to show a product that has created such fuss?

I have said it before they are in peoples heads, the views and replies on here are enough to show this.

Have you read the comments facebook? Explain how that "buzz" is going to help them?

Well I guess I wont have to get in a fight with my wife over where to park the 1/4 Pork Chop Express that I was going to get for $50.

Haha, well at least for me; I'm not interested in Lennon or Wonka. So if they're even still around by the time they get to Jack; maybe they'll work out all the kinks.

That hair is so weird. Looking at the initial prototype I see how it's similar but just better painted. It's so odd to have it so 3D that it sticks so far out from the head that it casts a shadow. And yeah, this show piece looks like I painted it with my 50 cent Walmart acrylics.

Oh man I think you all are jumping the gun! This is M8 guys they will reinvent the custom world! Get in line boys and girls this is going to be a Sell out!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Sorry but the sea change in how I feel is not a "good fuss".

I think it would have been better to show this amazing figure that shocked every naysayer. That's the kind of press that sells figures, which is presumably what M8 would want. But it's clear that is not what happened. If they have something to knock peoples socks off, they would have shown it.

What-to-say-to-an-addict-in-denial-2.jpg

Skip Video to 15:42

Ok so they have painted the sculpt to match the body which really doesn't help to present this!
Also the head looks like it's cast separate from the hair giving the weird chucked on top look! Buttons are over sized!
Out of the lot I really dig the black shirt Lennon! :lecture

I seriously hope they listen to the fans I feel like people are being a bit harsh but then I can see why given the information! :slap

So this has a lot of potential if they do actually refine it and listen to the fans!

Sorry but the sea change in how I feel is not a "good fuss".

I think it would have been better to show this amazing figure that shocked every naysayer. That's the kind of press that sells figures, which is presumably what M8 would want. But it's clear that is not what happened. If they have something to knock peoples socks off, they would have shown it.

Did you get your refund?

Skip Video to 15:42

Ok so they have painted the sculpt to match the body which really doesn't help to present this!
Also the head looks like it's cast separate from the hair giving the weird chucked on top look! Buttons are over sized!
Out of the lot I really dig the black shirt Lennon! :lecture

I seriously hope they listen to the fans I feel like people are being a bit harsh but then I can see why given the information! :slap

So this has a lot of potential if they do actually refine it and listen to the fans!

Don't the lies bother you? You still trust them with your money?

Just watched this video that talks about the production of these upcoming 1/6 Star Trek figures.
It took them 2 YEARS just to find the right fabric. The hard work shows cause these prototypes look amazing.

Not sure how long M8 has been working on this Lennon but I think they should've continued working on it and reveal it next year.

[video]https://www.tested.com/art/makers/695053-sixth-scale-star-trek-comic-con-2017/#comments[/video]

Don't the lies bother you? You still trust them with your money?

I hate their strategy and the way they've gone about selling this...Kinda feels like a kickstarter. They definitely should come clean about production because from what is clear the production hasn't started properly yet! :slap :banghead
But if I'm honest I'd welcome a company if it plans to improve the product and offer something new especially with some cool licenses! There is a lot of room for improvement whether they take that on board and fix it is another matter. :dunno

On the money side I wasn't 100% so I paid £40 deposit with a UK retailer least that way I'm covered etc.

What a joke, looks like the kind of head that would come with a KO body for $40. Even if this is a placeholder (which I doubt since that looks more like something painted in a factory than by hand) why would anyone show something that poor. An unpainted or blank head would have caused less concern.

What a joke, looks like the kind of head that would come with a KO body for $40. Even if this is a placeholder (which I doubt since that looks more like something painted in a factory than by hand) why would anyone show something that poor. An unpainted or blank head would have caused less concern.

Yes. The hair and the eyes are a dead giveaway as factory paint. It just screams FARAMIRRRRRRRRR!

Back