Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Looks like the hair was a separate peice. They were able to push it down.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

People are saying on Facebook that this is just a placeholder headsculpt and the only reason the figure is at the convention is to show off the tailoring. :rotfl

That's not helping their cause :lol Man. . .

I can't believe they shared these....

2003 called and wants its digital camera back.

Just checked in to see all the pics from today. Woof.

Was really looking forward to a fantastic Wonka figure. Oh well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's all just take a moment to imagine what Lennon's reaction to these pictures would have been.

Christ. What a disaster.

Hyperbole aside, it looks a bit better than Sideshow's recent work. With the jury still out on the body, which may be of benefit to a variety of projects, for $300, the body, two heads and a number of outfit pieces, I don't think it's terrible.

Let's all just take a moment to imagine what Lennon's reaction to these pictures would have been.

Hyperbole aside, it looks a bit better than Sideshow's recent work.
Cannot agree with this. Their Ash figure was really good, as has been some of their Star Wars figures from what I can tell.

Look how flat the paint is on the hair. I honestly think I could do better. It looks like they grabbed the cheapest acrylic paint on the shelf at A.C. Moore slapped it on and called it a day. Christ...

Super High detailed Digital Render images

official pictures released using a motorola Razr v3 camera

I can't believe they shared these....

"We wanted to get John to the show to give you guys a rough Idea of how he will look."

Ahahahahaha!!

Look at those glasses! Holy moly!

So much for any hope of Molecule 8 revolutionizing the collecting world.

Using what looks like an iPhone 4 camera to put out official shots is only causing them to dig their grave deeper.

They're reply (if you can't read it here): Glasses not final no, also paint and costumes are all still to be improved.
We wanted to get John to the show to give you guys a rough Idea of how he will look.

Hope this helps

Molecule8 team

Giving them one last chance - they may have commited money to the show months ago - but I hope they don't show anything else until it's final and stop putting a date on release for now. It's a great sculpt, I'd hate to have to do a repaint after buying, but it wouldn't bet the first time I spent another $150-200 after spending $300. The buttons are bad, but that can be fixed, and enough comment/pressure should do that.

I honestly think these companies should just start putting together focus groups of collectors to take a look at things before they are released to the public. SOme good can come out of the crowdsourcing, but it can also cause as many issues and certainly can put people off of buying the final product.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 1.52.33 PM.jpg

Hyperbole aside, it looks a bit better than Sideshow's recent work. With the jury still out on the body, which may be of benefit to a variety of projects, for $300, the body, two heads and a number of outfit pieces, I don't think it's terrible.

What about this Looks better than SS recent figures? Not a thing IMO.

I'm not surprised.

The way they've handled their first release.. :slap Ridiculously poor.

Non
Refundable
Ddeposit

God damn Sideshow sucks!
They grant you a one time NRD refund and thats it?
I used it on my Hot Toys Chewbacca when the final photos of that were released.
Now they won't give me one for this piece of crap!
Time to start ordering from BBTS for now on!

Yeah, I only put down NRDs when I have a very firm expectation of what I'm going to get, and when I am almost positive that I am not going to change my mind about it. Brand new company? No thanks.

You should put your order in for 3

that way you can display all 3 in your case

Back