Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I stopped by after 7 weeks of my order cancellation and last post after podcast...
50 more pages of hypes and news of delay + a guitar (another CG model)
Expect emails from them - "will need to increase the price now +$100 and need 3 more months! - Thank you for your support!"

I'll stop by again around end of August...
I do want this figure BTW

A few weeks delay for an added guitar is not a bad thing is it, didn't they say August anyway?

I paid in full and my spidey-sense isn't quite going off yet. Just feeling a bit more "WTF". :lol

The delay isn't the issue. The issue is that they keep adding extra stuff and promising more and more, and that mixed with the lack of production images makes it seem like they're running into issues and trying to cover it up or that they're trying to run out the Paypal protection clock.

A new company is always going to face trustworthiness issues until they release something, but they're acting suspicious even by that measure.

Maybe. Like I said, I do want Wonka, so I'm hoping it'll all turn out well. It just seems suspicious. Every new announcement they make has made me trust them less.

1/6 John with 1/18 Paul, George and Ringo to spin around his head and ask him what he's doing with his life

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So they will just keep adding things and absorbing whatever cost there is for shipping? Is this bizarro world? I've never heard of a company doing stuff like that. For everyone who wants this figure or whatever else they have previewed, I hope they turn out to be legit.

:banana :banana Maybe it's true. All of it. And then Sideshow and Hot Toys will follow suit by offering free shipping on everything and adding extra stuff at no cost well after pre-order! :banana :banana

:banana :banana Maybe it's true. All of it. And then Sideshow and Hot Toys will follow suit by offering free shipping on everything and adding extra stuff at no cost well after pre-order! :banana :banana
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
You kidding we get crooked and missing chevrons for free already.

Maybe M8 is trying to implode the 1/6 market :huh

Shrunken Head Studios followed a similar model; pay $100 which seems reasonable... wait for years and end up (maybe) with a figure worth 3 to 4x as much.

But then that means many of us would be put at the back of the line for complaining.

Maybe Hot Toys have been ripping us off? Just a thought.

So they will just keep adding things and absorbing whatever cost there is for shipping? Is this bizarro world? I've never heard of a company doing stuff like that. For everyone who wants this figure or whatever else they have previewed, I hope they turn out to be legit.

Guess we'll find out eventually :lol

Maybe Hot Toys have been ripping us off? Just a thought.

Funny, but that had occurred to me. Maybe we are so used to being treated at arms length and overcharged that when a company comes along who just wants to make the best figure they can at a fair price, it arouses suspicion. Like a stray dog in those videos where someone adopts them and cleans them up and makes them healthy again.

We are the stray dogs snapping. :lol

guitar1.jpg

I just have this picture in my mind that John Lovitz works there and anytime a thought crosses their mind or they read a post he's like
"Yeah.. Yeah! We'll add a guitar! For no extra charge. Wait, we could make two outfits! Or Three! that's the ticket! And we'll make a piano. For like $50. That's the ticket. Wait, 1/4 scale semi cab backdrop! No wait, the full cab, with working doors and spinning wheels, and a working CB radio! That's the ticket!"

Back