Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy scammed artists out of their hard work, promising payment but not delivering on his end after the artists did what they agreed to, and somehow it's the fault of whiny collectors? I know we live in a time when no one in business, entertainment, politics, etc. likes to take responsibility for their own actions, but damn.

I had to consider long and hard before posting this here, its not exactly the normal route in a situation such as this but then, this is not exactly a normal situation either.

I am the primary investor in Molecule 8, the one that Vimal mentioned in his FB post.

I have to tread carefully for what I can say in a public forum as I am currently getting advice on instigating legal proceedings against Vijay Chadha and his brother Ajay Chadha.

However I may need some assistance and further information which I hope that some members in this forum may be able to provide.

A lot of speculation has been made that Molecule 8 had little or no funds at startup and that is the reason why things happened the way that they have. This is far from the truth though.

A total of $2 Million USD was invested into Molecule 8, $1.6 Million of which was from myself and another close friend. I had to borrow much of the money from family, friends and banks as the initial amount Vijay predicted would be needed was around $700,000 to $800,000 but he quickly needed more and more funds.

I know people will ask how I have been so gullible and really I feel very stupid at this moment. But I have known Vijay for something like 25 years back from when we travelled to Japan together when the first Sony Playstation was released. I had grown to trust him implicitly over the years, as much as anyone I had known in my life so when he explained the business model he had in mind for Molecule 8, I was very excited to be involved.

Molecule 8 was supposed to be the company that all collectors wanted, that offered real value and quality in everything that we produced.

In the initial stages, Vijay consulted with me about everything but once he moved to LA, he slowly but surely started making decisions unilaterally and taking involvement away from me. This ranged from making bullish claims on the website to taking licenses without my knowledge or approval, i.e. the Tick and Travis Touchdown. I did not even learn about Travis Touchdown until I saw a post on this forum and I did not know that we had even commissioned any David Bowie sculpts until I saw the image on K. A. Kim’s FB post.

Once I was unable to invest any further money, Vijay started to become difficult to contact. He would ignore phone calls, texts and emails for increasingly extended periods of time. I was told much later by an artist that travelled with him to Hong Kong in the early set up stages but who has since fallen out with him due to a lack of payment that Vijay confided in him that he wanted to find a way to get me out of the company.

I have been gathering as much information as I could over the last few months and have become increasingly concerned as to what has actually happened to the initial investment if we owe so much to so many people

Much more information on this has become evident in the last couple of days of course triggered by Vimal’s FB post and I am very grateful to him for that.

That we have not paid K. A. Kim, the artist who was mainly responsible for the company’s high profile during startup is simply beyond repugnant. I was not aware that this had been done and since finding out, I have reached out to and apologised to her for this. An apology is far short of what she is owed though of course.

It is true that a lot of money had to be paid for licenses but even allowing for that and the other money I can see that has been spent, there is something in the region of $1,000,000 USD that I have been unable to account for. Note that I am not saying anything untoward has been done with the funds, just that I am unable to account for it at this moment in time.

There is much more that I could write here but as mentioned at the beginning of this post, I have to be careful not to say anything that could adversely affect litigation.

What I would like to request is information from anyone here that has any knowledge of people or companies that are owed money and anything else that may potentially be helpful or relevant.

Please PM me if you have anything that you think may help, if you need to keep it confidential just mention so. I will respect all confidences, I just want to get to the bottom of this.

If I am able to recover monies via the company, from Vijay personally or through the court, I will try my best to make sure all those that are owed monies will be paid.

Thank you in advance for any help and information that anyone is able to provide.

I had to consider long and hard before posting this here, its not exactly the normal route in a situation such as this but then, this is not exactly a normal situation either.

I am the primary investor in Molecule 8, the one that Vimal mentioned in his FB post.

I have to tread carefully for what I can say in a public forum as I am currently getting advice on instigating legal proceedings against Vijay Chadha and his brother Ajay Chadha.

However I may need some assistance and further information which I hope that some members in this forum may be able to provide.

A lot of speculation has been made that Molecule 8 had little or no funds at startup and that is the reason why things happened the way that they have. This is far from the truth though.

A total of $2 Million USD was invested into Molecule 8, $1.6 Million of which was from myself and another close friend. I had to borrow much of the money from family, friends and banks as the initial amount Vijay predicted would be needed was around $700,000 to $800,000 but he quickly needed more and more funds.

I know people will ask how I have been so gullible and really I feel very stupid at this moment. But I have known Vijay for something like 25 years back from when we travelled to Japan together when the first Sony Playstation was released. I had grown to trust him implicitly over the years, as much as anyone I had known in my life so when he explained the business model he had in mind for Molecule 8, I was very excited to be involved.

Molecule 8 was supposed to be the company that all collectors wanted, that offered real value and quality in everything that we produced.

In the initial stages, Vijay consulted with me about everything but once he moved to LA, he slowly but surely started making decisions unilaterally and taking involvement away from me. This ranged from making bullish claims on the website to taking licenses without my knowledge or approval, i.e. the Tick and Travis Touchdown. I did not even learn about Travis Touchdown until I saw a post on this forum and I did not know that we had even commissioned any David Bowie sculpts until I saw the image on K. A. Kim’s FB post.

Once I was unable to invest any further money, Vijay started to become difficult to contact. He would ignore phone calls, texts and emails for increasingly extended periods of time. I was told much later by an artist that travelled with him to Hong Kong in the early set up stages but who has since fallen out with him due to a lack of payment that Vijay confided in him that he wanted to find a way to get me out of the company.

I have been gathering as much information as I could over the last few months and have become increasingly concerned as to what has actually happened to the initial investment if we owe so much to so many people

Much more information on this has become evident in the last couple of days of course triggered by Vimal’s FB post and I am very grateful to him for that.

That we have not paid K. A. Kim, the artist who was mainly responsible for the company’s high profile during startup is simply beyond repugnant. I was not aware that this had been done and since finding out, I have reached out to and apologised to her for this. An apology is far short of what she is owed though of course.

It is true that a lot of money had to be paid for licenses but even allowing for that and the other money I can see that has been spent, there is something in the region of $1,000,000 USD that I have been unable to account for. Note that I am not saying anything untoward has been done with the funds, just that I am unable to account for it at this moment in time.

There is much more that I could write here but as mentioned at the beginning of this post, I have to be careful not to say anything that could adversely affect litigation.

What I would like to request is information from anyone here that has any knowledge of people or companies that are owed money and anything else that may potentially be helpful or relevant.

Please PM me if you have anything that you think may help, if you need to keep it confidential just mention so. I will respect all confidences, I just want to get to the bottom of this.

If I am able to recover monies via the company, from Vijay personally or through the court, I will try my best to make sure all those that are owed monies will be paid.

Thank you in advance for any help and information that anyone is able to provide.

Wow, he's burned so many bridges it's uncanny.

I really do not think Molecule 8 was created for the sole purpose of scamming the community.

Maybe I'm naive, but I still think this was mostly a classic case of miscalculation and horrible business planning as opposed to someone setting out to exploit the industry and rip off the collecting community.

The fact that Vijay wasn't paying people from the start is pretty clear evidence this was always a scam.

Well, damn - $2 Million??
He got to play with $2 million of other peoples money?
Starting to think he was the only sane one in all of this.
Anyone want to give me $2 million? I have a great idea for a new kind of teapot... only it’s made of chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the UK company, most of the money was sent to the US company, very little was done through the UK. It was all US and HK primarily.

The math is scary . If the company secure
All those license upfront , the 2 million
Might not have gone too far after you factor
The production of the body and factory retool
of the figure for actual manufacturer of the figure.

Licensing to Lennon estate and the Studios would
for sure eat up all of the seed money.

What a tragic turn of event in the 1/6 community

On a different note, has anyone try
A slim or a Coulson Body on the Headsculpt?

The figure is really quite nice but the head does
look extremely small for a normal body

Head is too small because Vijay recast the thing. That and I’m sure warping made the sculpt worse.

I see some distributors now actually have the figure in stock
while places like SS is still on preorder.

And then if you look further, Molecule 8 website is now
“under maintenance “

What happens now? If the worse case secenario
happens and the company goes under, what happens
to all the places where customers have paid the Preorder ??

The other bigger issue is from all reviews,
everyone who got the figure now is clearly
stating the heads are just too small for the body.

What a pity ...

Glad I got my money back for wonka before it was too late. I hope Hot Toys makes a wonka.

Fraud or not wished I got Lennon even though I have no interest at all his value gonna hit the roof due to the 1st and last figure of John we'll ever get.

Even with the aggressive acquisition of licenses, $2 mil. is more than adequate for a start-up of this nature and would still allow for paying all the artists. Unless you're taking a really, really comfortable salary for yourself.

Even with the aggressive acquisition of licenses, $2 mil. is more than adequate for a start-up of this nature and would still allow for paying all the artists. Unless you're taking a really, really comfortable salary for yourself.

Or never intended to pay anything until profits started rolling in.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back