Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM Company!

There was too much dodginess involved from the get-go. Too many empty promises. What scum!

Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

There was too much dodginess involved from the get-go. Too many empty promises. What scum!

Great title change! The word needs to get out and hopefully people can claw their money back.

Wow! What a scumbag.

I can't wait to see the apology from Eamon for his vitriol against other members in this thread and defending Molecule8 as not being scammers :lol :lol

Great title change! The word needs to get out and hopefully people can claw their money back.

I can't wait to see the apology from Eamon for his vitriol against other members in this thread and defending Molecule8 as not being scammers :lol :lol

I think Eamon's "vitriol" was against people who were putting him down personally and calling him a shill... I might be misremembering... :dunno

I think Eamon's "vitriol" was against people who were putting him down personally and calling him a shill... I might be misremembering... :dunno

If you look back, he was defending himself because he was called out on his attitude and his association with the company, but either way the vitriol was uncalled for.

the irony about the whole damn head scan thing is that it still ended up being way too small for their garbage body anyways.

I would have loved that Bowie and I am having a hard time liking my Lennon now with all of this dirt. Lennon is one of my heroes so I'd have a hard time turning this away even after I read all of this but I'd almost be willing to pool in a few bucks to kick back to KA Kim in complete honesty.

Molecule 8 dirty company! Good thing I didn't buy from them!

the irony about the whole damn head scan thing is that it still ended up being way too small for their garbage body anyways.

I would have loved that Bowie and I am having a hard time liking my Lennon now with all of this dirt. Lennon is one of my heroes so I'd have a hard time turning this away even after I read all of this but I'd almost be willing to pool in a few bucks to kick back to KA Kim in complete honesty.

I wonder what Sean and Julian would think about this situation if they were made aware of it...

I really want to hear from all the defenders. Clipper for one was defending Vijay during his review. I'd like to hear his thoughts now because I have always liked CK as a reviewer. Appears he was lied to as well. someone saying "I told you so" doesn't seem to do this enough justice.

Someone needs to tweet Yoko. I think M8 deserve a good lawsuit after all this.

43159218_10158171246494199_2032766596237230080_n.jpg

I managed to not comment on this all throughout their empty promises, but I had to respond now. Wow! I'm really glad the artists are all calling them out in public. They are vile scumbags for doing this.

I'll admit, reading this thread though the past year, I was giving M8 the benefit of the doubt. I was really hoping all the delays were just because it was a new company from someone who wasn't familiar with the process. Even when the figure came out I thought that it wasn't bad, just the undersized head which is admittedly a huge problem to have gone wrong with your figure. But otherwise it showed promise. Maybe they would work out the kinks for the next figure. But now hearing this?!? Forget it. Any sympathy I may have had for them is gone. They are terrible people, the lowest of the low. I hope they get prosecuted, but most likely will just declare bankruptcy and not have to pay anyone back.

Last edited by a moderator:

As someone who supported and hoped I really have nothing to say but I'm sorry to the artist.

I wonder if K.A could do what Vimal has said he might do and that's offer the sculpt accept we pay for an unpainted cast. If she offered Bowie, Lennon etc I think we'd all buy a cast direct from her.

Is it not just me who thinks Vijay wanted his grails so he created a plan and then ****ed everyone over in the process? I'm sorry to say it guys but Wonka isn't gonna happen! Not after this has come out. :/

It'd be cool if HT offered to take over the Bowie sculpt. I'll msg JC now.

As someone who supported and hoped I really have nothing to say but I'm sorry to the artist.

I wonder if K.A could do what Vimal has said he might do and that's offer the sculpt accept we pay for an unpainted cast. If she offered Bowie, Lennon etc I think we'd all buy a cast direct from her.

Is it not just me who thinks Vijay wanted his grails so he created a plan and then ****ed everyone over in the process? I'm sorry to say it guys but Wonka isn't gonna happen! Not after this has come out. :/

Pay? Then KA Kim would be breaking the law. She's not going to risk her reputation even more just to get back at them :lol Yoko still has to get royalties!

Pay? Then KA Kim would be breaking the law. She's not going to risk her reputation even more just to get back at them :lol Yoko still has to get royalties!

Wait yeah I didn't think about that my bad :rotfl

I just feel so bad that 2 legit amazing artist have been screwed over :dunno

I just feel so bad that 2 legit amazing artist have been screwed over :dunno
It's a bit different with Kim because she doesn't sculpt digitally and she sent the original master heads over to them already.

Vimel sculpts in Zbrush so he can just upload the file for the sculpt to the public, rendering whatever M8 tries to do with it for profit, useless.

Well I guess the argument that "M8 has to be legitimate because KA Kim is involved" made by some boardies here early in the thread can now be safely debunked:lol

:lol

Well I guess the argument that "M8 has to be legitimate because KA Kim is involved" made by some boardies here early in the thread can now be safely debunked:lol

They prayed on her good nature. Just shows that anyone can be scammed given the right circumstances, but yeah - all the nasty, and some narcissistic, comments here about them not being scammers are now moot, thank God, and good riddance.

Back