Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

Well there are a bunch of us who stepped up to be your proverbial canaries in the coalmine. We'll see how this turns out.

I don't think that's very fair. It is not as if Hunter is being paid to do it either.

Can't get better if people aren't honest. Granted I didn't use the PDF, I just pitched him questions. I also couldn't be mean or accusatory right out the gate, otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten anything since we aren't established.

Can't get better if people aren't honest. Granted I didn't use the PDF, I just pitched him questions. I also couldn't be mean or accusatory right out the gate, otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten anything since we aren't established.

I'm on your side here :lol

The company has some huge headwinds...there has been so much discussion of whether or not the company is real and whether they will ever actually ship anything that we may have lost sight over the real question and that is whether or not what they ship if they ship will be worth owning...do they have the ability to translate KA Kim's masterpiece into a worthwhile production model? Paypal protection will not cover that...it's a double gamble...the folks who already paid are all the Neil Armstrongs of figure collector...I will wait for your pictures and if it is sold out so be it...risk / reward...

...the real question and that is whether or not what they ship if they ship will be worth owning...do they have the ability to translate KA Kim's masterpiece into a worthwhile production model? Paypal protection will not cover that...it's a double gamble...the folks who already paid are all the Neil Armstrongs of figure collector...I will wait for your pictures and if it is sold out so be it...risk / reward...

It is a gamble. I don't think anyone is expecting paypal to cover our asses if the product looks terrible. Anyways, we'll only know that once people are getting this in hand.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. :pray:

If it were a figure I was interested in I'd be a pioneer as well.

All publicity is good publicity. Look how much we're all talking about it. 58 thread pages on a tiny amount of information.

Almost a thousand people paid upfront for a promise, a prototype head sculpt and almost nothing else shown. That's $300,000 raised in a week or so on little to nothing.

The head guy was arrogant in an interview and people are still on board.

I do not think they are a scam but as far as I am concerned these people are marketing geniuses :lol :lol Wish I could raise capital so easily.

Good point here...I love Lennon but I have never walked into my figure room and lamented that my collection has a Lennon sized void that needs to be filled...if this was a licensed Travis Bickle sculpted by KA Kim with two headsculpts (Mohawk and non-mohawked) dropping $300 just to ensure that I would not run the risk of it turning out well and missing out would have been a no-brainer. As skeptical as I am about the company I completely understand and support those who have made the leap.

Good point here...I love Lennon but I have never walked into my figure room and lamented that my collection has a Lennon sized void that needs to be filled...if this was a licensed Travis Bickle sculpted by KA Kim with two headsculpts (Mohawk and non-mohawked) dropping $300 just to ensure that I would not run the risk of it turning out well and missing out would have been a no-brainer. As skeptical as I am about the company I completely understand and support those who have made the leap.

In my collection I have a 1:6 Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) and a PF of Elvis. I will likely own the Enterbay Elvis in 1:6 eventually, so to bring Lennon in was a no brainer for me. Heck, I would love a 1:6 Mozart, Bach and Beethoven too.

The company has some huge headwinds...there has been so much discussion of whether or not the company is real and whether they will ever actually ship anything that we may have lost sight over the real question and that is whether or not what they ship if they ship will be worth owning...do they have the ability to translate KA Kim's masterpiece into a worthwhile production model? Paypal protection will not cover that...it's a double gamble...the folks who already paid are all the Neil Armstrongs of figure collector...I will wait for your pictures and if it is sold out so be it...risk / reward...

I asked and they said this

Will you be able to translate KA Kim's Lennon masterpiece sculpt into the factory produced one? will it still capture that detail?

We believe so yes Lee. You will see a prototype this week. M
Ask any questions anytime
All good. We want high quality not the stuff we're seeing in today's market otherwise what's the point?

In my collection I have a 1:6 Brian Wilson (Beach Boys) and a PF of Elvis. I will likely own the Enterbay Elvis in 1:6 eventually, so to bring Lennon in was a no brainer for me. Heck, I would love a 1:6 Mozart, Bach and Beethoven too.

I probably spent more time than you can imagine hunting for that 1:6 Brian Wilson...alas it was never meant to be!

It is a gamble. I don't think anyone is expecting paypal to cover our asses if the product looks terrible

You might not, but you seem to be a reasonable person. But if this goes south and folks can't get their money back some will be ready to firebomb the molecule8 headquarters. Wherever the hell that is?

lol, if this was Ledger Joker there would be no hesitation from anyone. Some newb shows up with a picture of a crude sculpt and people start creaming for their PayPal address.

But if this goes south and folks can't get their money back some will be ready to firebomb the molecule8 headquarters. Wherever the hell that is?

Imagine the fun this thread will be then, tho. Nothing quite like men who collect dolls, when it comes to massive entitled overreactions :rotfl

Precisely no interest in John Lennon, but it'd be good to see someone try to step up to Hot Toys in this game. It's a curious bunch of people behind the company, mind, a whole bunch of ex-videogame bods in there; which is sort of odd & interesting at the same time. You get used to large budgets, fast turnarounds and delivering to deadlines when you're putting out what used to be called triple-A titles; but there's an awful lot that can and did go wrong in that world too.

Their Creative Director bod is ex-EA and Lionhead I note, which undoubtedly means a former Peter Molyneux associate. Plenty of vision there at one time, but those with long gaming histories also know what he was like when it came to cheques he couldn't cash.. wonder what aspects the apprentice took from the master? ;)

I dont want a Lennon but it's the idea that theres a new kid in town trying to compete with the local heavyweight. Theres hope in that. Some fun too.

Imagine the fun this thread will be then, tho. Nothing quite like men who collect dolls, when it comes to massive entitled overreactions :rotfl

Precisely no interest in John Lennon, but it'd be good to see someone try to step up to Hot Toys in this game. It's a curious bunch of people behind the company, mind, a whole bunch of ex-videogame bods in there; which is sort of odd & interesting at the same time. You get used to large budgets, fast turnarounds and delivering to deadlines when you're putting out what used to be called triple-A titles; but there's an awful lot that can and did go wrong in that world too.

Their Creative Director bod is ex-EA and Lionhead I note, which undoubtedly means a former Peter Molyneux associate. Plenty of vision there at one time, but those with long gaming histories also know what he was like when it came to cheques he couldn't cash.. wonder what aspects the apprentice took from the master? ;)

Entitled over reactions? People are going to have every right to be pissed if something doesn't pan out.

Back