Modern Punisher vs. Daredevil Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I called Sideshow and asked about the base because the specs were the same on both pages . . The rep told me that it comes with the base pictured and that she was not sure of the actual dimensions . . . but that she would contact the design people and have the webpage changed to reflect the proper measurements . . .

These are the specs of the original statue:
9006_press01-001.jpg

Product Size:
18.5" H (469.9mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 10" L (254mm)*

These are the new posted specs of the Modern version:

90061_press01-001.jpg

Product Size:
16.5" H (419.1mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 10" L (254mm)*

Seeing as the two statues are so close in measurement and the bases are completely different sizes . . . does that mean that this is a bigger scale than the original version ? Or are the measurements still off ?

Either way, I am looking forward to in hand pics of this piece . . . .

So I called Sideshow and asked about the base because the specs were the same on both pages . . The rep told me that it comes with the base pictured and that she was not sure of the actual dimensions . . . but that she would contact the design people and have the webpage changed to reflect the proper measurements . . .

These are the specs of the original statue:
9006_press01-001.jpg

Product Size:
18.5" H (469.9mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 10" L (254mm)*

These are the new posted specs of the Modern version:

90061_press01-001.jpg

Product Size:
16.5" H (419.1mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 10" L (254mm)*

Seeing as the two statues are so close in measurement and the bases are completely different sizes . . . does that mean that this is a bigger scale than the original version ? Or are the measurements still off ?

Either way, I am looking forward to in hand pics of this piece . . . .

so they got rid of the coat which not many people liked, and paint his booties black instead of white, which again no one liked.
then they chopped down the base to a little ittsy piece of wall and are now trying to resell it...:lol:lol:lol
great move ssc, sometimes you're a pure class act.:duh

I just got the modern version today. I have to take it over to my loft to compare it to the original. Probably won't get there until Monday. For now, I can't say I see alot of major differences except for the base.

I just got the modern version today. I have to take it over to my loft to compare it to the original. Probably won't get there until Monday. For now, I can't say I see alot of major differences except for the base.

Outfits are also different.

if you can, Please do side by side pics of them.

Outfits are also different.

if you can, Please do side by side pics of them.

I placed them side by side today. I only had a brief time to look at htem and I didn't have a camera. I'm spending the weekend at the girlfriend's so it won't be until Monday until I get back and take some photos if no one else has by then. The new one's base is tiny compared to the original. The original towers over the new one. The punisher on the new one has alot more stuff on him such as pockets, stuff on his belt etc. the skull on his chest seems to be sticking out as opposed to painted on. Sort of like if they sulpted a new skull and stuck it on top of the previous chest. Of course, the new one has no cape and he has some black device on his back (I'm sure someone here knows what that thing is on his back). Daredevil is pretty much the same except for the battle damage. If I had to pick betwen the two versions, I would pick the original even though its a bit more because the base is so impressive.

I placed them side by side today. I only had a brief time to look at them and I didn't have a camera. I'm spending the weekend at the girlfriend's so it won't be until Monday until I get back and take some photos if no one else has by then. The new one's base is tiny compared to the original. The original towers over the new one. The punisher on the new one has alot more stuff on him such as pockets, stuff on his belt etc. the skull on his chest seems to be sticking out as opposed to painted on. Sort of like if they sculpted a new skull and stuck it on top of the previous chest. Of course, the new one has no cape and he has some black device on his back (I'm sure someone here knows what that thing is on his back). Daredevil is pretty much the same except for the battle damage. If I had to pick between the two versions, I would pick the original even though its a bit more because the base is so impressive.

Thats fine. :banana

Back