MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

I would like to request your help, as I ordered a MOS custom cape from Tony, I decided to do the MOS neck collar mod. Unfortunately, I made a mistake and glued the collar before finishing to separate the fabric and then damaging it with the cutter trying to remove the extra fabric, as you can see on the picture.... :(

What do you think I can do to hide these scratches ? I want to paint the collar anyway so do you think that would be sufficient ? I never paint a rubber plastic like this so I don't know how to proceed ( dressing, enamel, or expoxy before or just painting ) ?

Thank you in advance guys.:wink1:

SAM_1588.jpg

Unfortunately the glue I used stick the fabric so much that it tears when I try to remove the collar. And I placed it far too much on the shoulders, even with a clean cut, it will destroy the suit. SAM_1587.jpg

Unfortunately the glue I used stick the fabric so much that it tears when I try to remove the collar. And I placed it far too much on the shoulders, even with a clean cut, it will destroy the suit. View attachment 104753

My condolences.
If it's stuck tight, i can't think of any way to fix it.
Your best bet is to buy a parted suit/body and try again, then sell your body to help pay the costs of it.
The cheapest you can get a body for is $80 on Ebay. So you could get $80 for your body, then put that towards the cost of a body with suit.
Or, remove your suit and buy a parted suit.

That's not a bad advice. But I will still paint the collar neck and try to display the cape just to see if it works.

I will also try some paint test in order to find the ideal " Snyder color tone ", then probably buy another one and restart. :pray:

I hope General Zod doesn't need any custom work, as I'm not really gifted...:rotfl

I dont see anyone painting the collar blue...but if you look at the costume and scenes in the movie..its not black..its blue

After I did the TonyMei cape. I felt leaving the collar black was good enough for me. Wouldnt make much of a difference for me to notice.

The custom cape is a must do IMO!

I dont see anyone painting the collar blue...but if you look at the costume and scenes in the movie..its not black..its blue
alot of us painted it a very dark metallic blue to give it the look from the movie...it's very hard to replicate actually and a very hot topic as to wut the actual color is. It's all about how the light hit it in the movie. Some who say they saw the suit in the case display that's been traveling around says it's def black tho.

mine is blue good sir.

@rudy you can try to fold the fabric under the collar to even it out and glue it together. IT shouldn't bulge cus its a thin material. as for the collar i would use a small amount of milliput to fill in the holes and dents then paint it over after you sand it down.

Hi guys! I here's some detailed pics of a collar mod just in case it could help somebody out- don't be afraid, this was a walk in the park!

Here he is bone stock-

Cutting the threads from the body suit-

Carefully peeling away the cape-

Other side-

Getting rid of excess glue-

Fresh and clean-

Carefully and slowly peeling away the outer collar-

And boom!

Don't get nervous, this is easy :)

The under collar will be discarded anyway, splitting it makes removal easier and is less tension on the fabric-

Stay tuned, we're almost there!

Patrick

This is the part that made me a little nervous, but it was a breeze-

Clean separation!

Sliced out the inner shoulder plastic with my blade

And glued that sumuma***** down- 3M Gel super glue

Came out perfect! Allright!! I didn't pi$$ away Two Hundred bones!

Thank you to the pioneers who tackled this first- some figures were lost, but the battle for an accurate collar has been victorious!

Now all I have to do is wait another week for my Tony Mei cape. Crap I hate waiting. . .

Thanks for lookin' and best of luck to all of you crazy modders!

Patrick

Got a second body cheap but the paint is damaged on the Neck armor part, what color closes to the original to use for these touch ups
Thanks.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Here's my MoS with collar mod and custom paint on collar and gauntlets.

MoS-2.jpg

MoS--3.jpg

MoS.jpg

(Sorry for crappy pics)

I'm really happy with the blue color. I've not planed to do this before, I've just corrected a very tiny "out of the box white mistake" on the leg and my paint mix was pretty accurate so...

I only miss a TM cape... Maybe later, I hope so. :)

Just started doing a repaint of the hair on Supes. It looks nearly black on film and after talking with Remy and seeing some pics, I was convinced this would look better. So far it's not too bad, but I haven't reached the super small areas yet. I'm a little nervous about those.

Back