MMS200 - Man Of Steel - Customizations/Modifications Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of glue do you guys suggest for securing some of the waist elements to the suit? It looks like the point of one of the rubber stripes has pealed off a bit and I want to re-secure it, but I want to make sure the type of glue I use doesn't eat through the suit. Any suggestions? Thanks friends.

Try the gel type superglue, and use it sparingly, a little will do the trick.

ok cool. I've just heard that you shouldn't use something that is going to spread, so use a gel instead of a liquid super glu. I've seen people suggest zap-a-gap, slo-zap, loctite gel glue.

ok cool. I've just heard that you shouldn't use something that is going to spread, so use a gel instead of a liquid super glu. I've seen people suggest zap-a-gap, slo-zap, loctite gel glue.

I used Ultraloc,as it was what I could find locally, I reckon any one should be fine. I recommend rubbing off the excess with the nozzle so none spreads out when you push down, and then hold it firm until it has enough time to adhere, then there will definitely be no movement and you avoid exposing any glued areas.

I have an original stock cape for sale if someone wants a spare for a wired version. $20 shipped in the US. Send me a PM if interested.

Could someone please post a picture of a MOS MMS200 with Tony Meis' cape but without the neck mod?
I wonder what this would look like. I am thinking about getting this figure but am afraid of modding it too much

modded my MoS a day after i got him. didn't remove the cape the entire process and i only remove the solid piece from the back up to the second peg thinggy of the upper collar. now he looks 400% better.
mod2.jpg

Hey guys I'm starting the cape mod and the black rubber piece just wont budge. I am watching a tutorial video by shortround and his seemed to come off much MUCH easier than mine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hey guys I'm starting the cape mod and the black rubber piece just wont budge. I am watching a tutorial video by shortround and his seemed to come off much MUCH easier than mine. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Just keep at it. The 2 collar pieces on mine were glued on really strong. I finished it it in an hour and half.

Also keep in mind it was the guys second time doing the mod in the youtube video.

Just received this yesterday.
Did a collar mod and put on Tony Mei cape.
Very happy with how it looks :blissy

Last edited:
Dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway: What do painters use to hold the heads while they paint them? I'm going to touch up the MoS head and not sure what they use.

what is the measurement on the rod holding the MoS Cavill sculpt? That's what I'm hoping to achieve, something holding the head instead of my hands.

Back