1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made this a long while back as a tribute to Alex Ross' Tango With Evil

8c9ea6_f62318dd15cf44b88532561fb89a20c4.png

The goggles are fragile, a lot of people broke theirs, I don't know if anyone figured anything out but people would just buy parted out spares in case that happened.

I just won Selina off eBay, she should be here Monday. This will be my third female HT figure, my goal is to have one of my detolfs full of just heroines.

I just won Selina off eBay, she should be here Monday. This will be my third female HT figure, my goal is to have one of my detolfs full of just heroines.

Congratulations, and welcome to the Selina club! This is my only female HT figure (so far), but it's also one of my favorites. There are some good pictures in this thread, and I still wasn't prepared for how good it would look in person. Just be careful with the goggles!

Good time to start. I'm thinking the same thing. I have 2 Black Widows and Maria Hill. It's the era of female Hot Toys. We now have Gamora, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Woman and hopefully her Amazon friends. Maybe Sharon Carter, Peggy, Harley Quinn, Captain Marvel. Would like a Supergirl if they did TV.

Congratulations, and welcome to the Selina club! This is my only female HT figure (so far), but it's also one of my favorites. There are some good pictures in this thread, and I still wasn't prepared for how good it would look in person. Just be careful with the goggles!

Thanks, I can't wait to get her. And yes, I'm gonna be very careful with the goggles, I've been reading about the issues people have had.

Good time to start. I'm thinking the same thing. I have 2 Black Widows and Maria Hill. It's the era of female Hot Toys. We now have Gamora, Scarlet Witch, Wonder Woman and hopefully her Amazon friends. Maybe Sharon Carter, Peggy, Harley Quinn, Captain Marvel. Would like a Supergirl if they did TV.

I just preordered Wonder Woman today, and I've been hoping for a Peggy Carter since I got into this hobby.

She showed up today, had a hell of a time with the goggles. However, I eventually figured out that if you position the goggles how she wears them in the film, it makes them easier to slide up and down her face. This helped tremendously because I then had to take them off a couple of times to get the hair looking acceptable. I must say, she really is impressive, so glad I picked her up.

IMG_0600.jpg

She showed up today, had a hell of a time with the goggles. However, I eventually figured out that if you position the goggles how she wears them in the film, it makes them easier to slide up and down her face. This helped tremendously because I then had to take them off a couple of times to get the hair looking acceptable. I must say, she really is impressive, so glad I picked her up.

View attachment 255445

Looks good! Those goggles really are annoying to put on while also making sure the hair is lined up perfectly flush behind her ears (minor nitpick- I can see there are some tufts behind the ears on your figure). I must have spent hours trying to put them on (including the time spent re-styling the hair in between goggle attempts).

Slightly off-topic question, but how do you like the Avengers Black Widow (overall and in comparison to Selina)? I've been thinking of picking that figure up but keep going back and forth about it.

Looks good! Those goggles really are annoying to put on while also making sure the hair is lined up perfectly flush behind her ears (minor nitpick- I can see there are some tufts behind the ears on your figure). I must have spent hours trying to put them on (including the time spent re-styling the hair in between goggle attempts).

Slightly off-topic question, but how do you like the Avengers Black Widow (overall and in comparison to Selina)? I've been thinking of picking that figure up but keep going back and forth about it.

Thanks, yeah, I'll probably mess with the hair more when I have a minute, it's very difficult to get behind the ears. As for your question, I love Black Widow. She is stunning to look at and a must buy if you are a Scar-Jo fan. She is the reason I got really into buying hot toys, before I only had the DX12 Batman. The only thing I worry about with her is the suit getting creases at the joints. That's also the main difference between her and Selina. Selina's suit is better because it stretches and would seem to allow better long term poses whereas I wouldn't trust Widow's. I also think that of all the versions of Widow, this one has the most accurate hs, but that's just my opinion.

Back