1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is usually how I look when I'm futzing Black Widow or Catwoman and my wife comes into the room :lol

9088815_gal.jpg

Tons of "collectors" get insecure about their manhood when it comes to female figures. The hair makes them feel like they're buying Barbie dolls. Whether it's a good figure or not kind of becomes irrelevant at that point. It's suddenly a crap figure because that's how they sell it to themselves. To each their own.

This is the 3rd female figure in my collection next to Black Widow and Gamora. Lots of good detail on her. The sculpt is fantastic. Articulation is amazing and the outfit is spot on. Those boots are amazing. Not too much in terms of accessories but that's because there isn't much to her in the movie in terms of accessories. I did get her the ultimate accessory: the bat pod.

Onto some of my snaps:

Great pics, and congrats on picking up a Selina! I've considered getting the Batpod for Selina, but with the increasing prices (double what I paid for the figure itself), it's becoming harder to justify the accessory purchase.

This is usually how I look when I'm futzing Black Widow or Catwoman and my wife comes into the room :lol

View attachment 216338

Is that what the kids call it these days? :lol

But seriously, I wonder if some of the unease with rooted hair figures is because so many male collectors haven't had to manage or style real hair before. I like how the rooted hair looks on my Selina figure (or doll or whatever), but trying to figure out how to style it (beyond simple brushing) seems overwhelming to me.

MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

I think it comes with the realization.

"Awesome figure!! Let me pose her just right..."
"Let's make sure the hair is right..."
"I'm futzing with a doll's hair... What have I done?? I'm no longer a man..."
[winnie shrinks to the size of a pimple]
"This figure sucks!"

Re: MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

I think it comes with the realization.

"Awesome figure!! Let me pose her just right..."
"Let's make sure the hair is right..."
"I'm futzing with a doll's hair... What have I done?? I'm no longer a man..."
[winnie shrinks to the size of a pimple]
"This figure sucks!"

That (or a similar pre-purchase realization) is probably most of it. People seem comfortable enough making tailoring changes or repainting head sculpts (the mods I see on these forums can be extensive), yet styling hair is somehow crossing a line. :dunno

I wonder how many people's minds would be blown if someone made a video about hair styling tips/how-to's for Hot Toys figures. It's something I'd like from an educational perspective, but I can also see other people being upset/insecure about the idea of doing "girly doll things with manly action figures."

I commissioned a local acrylic shop to build this display case for me. I'll be mounting a shelf atop my home office desk to put this baby on top of it. It's massive but very well made.

36d6a4219ea6625b598f56b3bcc761b2.jpg

That is something that I have still pending to do: to get a case (okay, more than one...). In the meanwhile, and while the Bat-Pod arrives for my baby... here she stands in full glory.

Attachments

• DSCN3649.JPG
    DSCN3649.JPG
    464.3 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCN3633.JPG
    DSCN3633.JPG
    448.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Selina_1_DSCN3623.JPG
    Selina_1_DSCN3623.JPG
    460.6 KB · Views: 320
  • Selina_2_DSCN3646.JPG
    Selina_2_DSCN3646.JPG
    461.7 KB · Views: 320
After a year on my shelf, the faux leather on the forearms and legs have started peeling on my Catwoman. Started looking for replacements at eBay. I saw a complete custom suit there too, I think it's made entirely of some fabric, no rubber. The tailoring has huge seams but alteast the suit will be more durable than Hot Toys'.

Back