1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3e5epa3e.jpg

I know the goggles are on wrong, ease tell me how to put them on right. I'm so afraid of breaking them. They sit down lower on her head right?

The main problem is that the hair is loose over the ears and top of the head.

The best advice I can give you is to pop the head off, then pull the hair back tightly behind the head like a pony tail with one hand.

Then slip the mask over the face, and pull the straps over the head. The straps should settle just above the ears like a pair of eyeglasses.

If there is any loose tufts of hair over the ears, gently pull the straps back up and use your fingers or a toothpick to push the hair over and behind the ears.

This is optional.....I then wet my fingers and smooth the hair back and set it in place with a tiny dab of dilute hair gel. And brand is fine.

If done correctly, the hair should be nice and tight around the back of the head and over the ears like is:

Hope this helps.

BOBBY

Thanks for the advice, I'm new to collecting so I'm just extremely nervous and don't want to break her lol. I am gonna do the gel trick for sure. Does anyone have any YouTube videos about the goggles? I want to see how people are putting them on. I also want to know how they flip up for the ears. One YouTube video I saw was someone who I strapped them and put them on them strapped them back up.

I think the ankles in general are kind of wonky. Not sure why they made them the way they did. Still a great figure but could have been made a bit more solid.

Miraculously, she's been standing in the same spot all week unassisted.

This week I'll try and get some shots without the glass in the way.

August sucks. Too busy for hobby time. After having my latest scores in hand for 1-3 weeks, I finally got around to messing around with Mark VII & Hulk. About 3 weeks and I still barely got Selina out of the box yet. Definitely didn't have time to spend on the goggles or catch up on this thread yet :gah:

What's the casualty rate been looking like? Are these stupid things still breaking left and right or are people starting to figure it out?

What's this about loose ankles? Does a simple tightening job do the trick?

Easily the worst figure Hot Toys has made. Ugly, easily broken, boring and overpriced.

But to be fair... the source material is pretty lame.

Back