1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apparently the goggles cannot be touched by human hands!!!

human-and-robot-hand.jpg

I honestly didn't have problems with the goggles at all. I think if you mess with them a bunch of times they're bound to break though just as any small plastic piece is easy to break. Hot Toys probably should have just made them non-removable in my opinion but too late now I guess.

Honestly, the way that the goggles are breaking it would probably still be fragile as hell.

Just sayin'...

:dunno

Okay, just to freak you freaks out a little bit more about the goggles. I painstakingly put mine on last night, and I got to tell you it was nerve wracking! Anyways, I managed to get them on successfully, and then successfully flipped them up and rotated the top part. I had the figure on the stand while I was putzing around doing some other stuff, and about 10 minutes after the last time I touched the figure, I heard a small "pop." I thought maybe something had fallen on the floor or something, but couldn't find anything. I then nervously checked her goggles, and yes, one side had broken. That was the pop sound I heard. It broke while I wasn't even touching it!

Disgusting. :mad:

Honestly, the way that the goggles are breaking it would probably still be fragile as hell.

Just sayin'...

:dunno
Maybe. The problem is making something that small that can hold up to the stress of being moved around a lot. After all it is a very tiny piece that allows the goggles to be move up and down. If they had been in a fixed position would have been best but we all know people would have complained and complained about that too.

Beautiful shots. Really loving the last one.:clap

This is one of those figures that you could say the best pictures are not really flattering but accurate.

Many thanks my friend! Glad you like the shots.

Looks like a movie promo shot.

Cool, thanks very much!

My favourite so far! :clap Great likeness!

Thanks very much, glad you like the pic. Appreciate it.

Okay, just to freak you freaks out a little bit more about the goggles. I painstakingly put mine on last night, and I got to tell you it was nerve wracking! Anyways, I managed to get them on successfully, and then successfully flipped them up and rotated the top part. I had the figure on the stand while I was putzing around doing some other stuff, and about 10 minutes after the last time I touched the figure, I heard a small "pop." I thought maybe something had fallen on the floor or something, but couldn't find anything. I then nervously checked her goggles, and yes, one side had broken. That was the pop sound I heard. It broke while I wasn't even touching it!

Oh, why'd I have to read this post? :panic:

Thank God I got the goggles on her with no issues. I admit I was nervous having to get them to look right on her.
Sorry to hear the issues with them.

basically it just seems that over time it will break anyways if left on because it's so tight that it'll wear on the band. That makes me a sad panda :(

Did I just read that correctly. She was okay with the goggles up like cat hears, you did nothing and it just went POP? How in the world....

There must have been some stress or strain somewhere otherwise thats some powerful subconscious telekinesis at work there.

Did I just read that correctly. She was okay with the goggles up like cat hears, you did nothing and it just went POP? How in the world....

There must have been some stress or strain somewhere otherwise thats some powerful subconscious telekinesis at work there.

It's a time freaking bomb, you don't know when they gonna pop, ****tttttt
I'll have mine delivered on Tuesday and I'm not excited at all, just the notion of them goggles breaking makes my stomach turn, I probably wont even open the frigging box. heres to you Hot Toys you did it again like always :stake

I spotted a couple of goggles/head pieces listed on Ebay today for Buy it now £51.80 (exchange rate applied)!!! Madness!! Between the costs of a headsculpt and the damn goggles you may aswell buy another figure secondary market and part it out yourself!!

Yeah, you read that correctly. It looks like when they are up in cat ear mode, there is a lot of constant pressure on them. I even made sure that the arms were totally lined up with each other so that there wouldn't be any lateral stress on the joints. Mine popped right where the cat ear goggles part connects to the arm (so the top part, not near the strap, where you can rotate the goggles).

I spotted a couple of goggles/head pieces listed on Ebay today for Buy it now £51.80 (exchange rate applied)!!! Madness!! Between the costs of a headsculpt and the damn goggles you may aswell buy another figure secondary market and part it out yourself!!

what guaranties that the new set of goggles won't break? from what I have read here the people that have replaced their goggles don't plan to put them on the figure anymore, it's really sad to have paid 200.00 plus for this figure and not be able to enjoy it, the wait was brutal and now this :gah:

Last edited:
All this talk of the goggles breaking has me considering whether or not to just keep the empty cowl and sell the figure. I've taken it out of the box to inspect but I just know I'm going to break those goggles and then be so mad at myself. :lol

Well if mine break on their own, I'm just gonna glue them. No point in wasting even more cash on another faulty pair on ebay. I'm never posing her goggles off or goggles down, cat ears all the way, so permanent fix for me.

After all the post's on the subject it doesn't sound like a case of being more careful. Plenty of people on here experienced in handling high end 1/6. Don't count your chicken's yet. The goggles may go "Pop" yet!!! Hope not though.

Back