1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triad Toys bikini set, the rest is CW :wink1:

There's always ways to cover the joints, that's why I like the skin textures
That HT's puts on their bodies. You can really make them life like once you cover the wrists, arms and knees.

The very first series of females that HT's did were horrible, Machiko, the base bodies,etc. these are so much better.

These bodies are made for custom making. Sometimes the Phicens don't show the details too plain looking at times.

I was gonna say... when I took her apart for the first time, I noticed that it was pretty detailed underneath. Why they would go through all that trouble only to have it covered up unless they use a generic one piece fit all body frame for most of their figures. Makes a great photo piece but I'm not sure if I ever go the route and customize these figures scantilly clad or otherwise.

You're lucky you have a second one arriving. I guess that gives you some sense of peace of mind which probably explains all of your wacky poses up to now... unless of course you do that anyways. =D I guess I'll just hope and wait for probably a DX version if they decide to ever make one. Otherwise it's Julie Newmar catwoman next for me which I imagine will have a better durable face mask without all this trouble to boot.

Thanks to all the tips and heads up given on the mask n goggles placement especially Maglor.

Here's a preview picture for all Selina Kyle fans.

aufu.jpg

Cool pic, really effective! :clap

Got mine. Tried to take some pictures and cannot get her to look right. So for the very first time, I decided that I need to touch up a HT figure. Like many others, made her pupil bigger as AH has these doll eyes. Also added extra eye shadow and did a little bit of touch up on the sides of her mouth. This is a before and after -

17752_406030702851213_214113266_n.jpg

Gonna take more pictures later.

I'm with ya brother. I think that you made the irises a little too big and if you tone down the brown so there is a contrast between the iris and pupil it'll look perfect; but you have the right idea. The right repaint would be a huge improvement.

I heard (don't know if it's true) that HT uses a decal for the eyes. Whatever the process is, the likeness of some of the recent sculpts really suffered as the production eyes look way different than the proto pics. They show you eyes that resemble the actor's in the protos, and then they send you these beady little things. Widow's sculpt lost points because of this, Mark VII's sculpt is a complete disaster because of it, and the same thing is going on here.

I already planned to get Cap, Widow and Stark repainted and Selina is on that list now too.

Last edited:
I still haven't tried to actually put the mask on (so maybe I'm speaking too soon) but I have to say it's way less fragile than I was expecting based on what everyone is saying. I articulated it off of her head just fine. You do have to be extremely careful and use even pressure distribution but after hearing all the horror stories, I thought it was pretty sturdy!

Aside from that the fig all in all is pretty awesome. I'm glad that the mask is removable and I think that aside from the beady eyes, the sculpt is all Hathaway.

Going to make time to actually put the mask on and examine Ms. Kyle more tomorrow :yess:

my catwoman fell and her mask is ok

That's good to hear, but how many times can she fall before it finally does break? This is what worries me most, as I prefer to display my figs without stands. It's one thing when a figure takes a shelf dive from few feet, even $20 figure might not survive that. But am I seriously going to have to worry about this thing breaking just from tipping over?? That's freaking absurd.

she was standing on the edge of a table and her shoes weren't completely flat.
ever since she fell tho it feels like her ankles are lil wobbly on the side to side motion

Any other alternative to the fish tank? I'm not too fond of using an upside down fish tank for a case. I'm assuming its glass and not acrylic? How heavy is it?

Originally I was gonna set her where I had my Batpod half a year (next to the TV (Ikea Framesta/Besta wall panel) where I had some suspended glass shelves. To secure it I used some museum-gel/quake-gel on the the bike to the glass and it seem to be fine. But now with Selina on the bike, I'm not so sure, on accidental wiff and she may go flying across the room.

Very impressed with the figure.
...well, except for the damn goggles!:gah:
Had a hard time trying to figure it out and ended up breaking a part on the side. But fortunately, little dab of glue did the trick.

She's a lot like Bane. Same quality, that from pictures, I was well prepared to do mods. But once I got it in hand, personally, I'm fine with her as it is. She looks great.
Since I'm planning on keeping the mask on, no need to do the eye mods.

Very nice figure!

A few quick snaps!!

Nice shots boys!

Sorry to hear about the mask Remy. This frigin' thing :ohbfrank:

Back