1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay, i realize that selina half-naked is more interesting than selina fully-clothed, but i took this quick pic this eve ~ i'm finding her overall hard to photograph ~ could be the bad lighting i'm in, cheap camera, etc. contributing, but i also think she has a bit of a blank stare that's hard to compensate for in posing. in-hand it's not noticeable, but when i take pictures, she does look kind of vapid.

selina01.jpg

will keep working at it. it took me a long time to figure out how to take a flattering picture of dx12 batman.

: D

p.s. i'm redoing this one's hair to lay properly without the mask. it'll take some work.

Jack Sparrow's expression said everything... That was my first impression on the repaint.. But wait duh.. That photo, Wrong forum?

Last edited:
Alright, just got her opened up and glad to report I was safely able to get the mask / googles on....phew! :panic::yess:

1st impression: straight out of the box this figure really looks great. Very satisfied. My only issue at this point is getting the hair behind the ears once the mask is on...after I slid the mask on, her hair just flares out on either side....any advice?

I'm trying to avoid actually having to undo the mask but I fear that's the only way to get her hair in order.

Alright, just got her opened up and glad to report I was safely able to get the mask / googles on....phew! :panic::yess:

1st impression: straight out of the box this figure really looks great. Very satisfied. My only issue at this point is getting the hair behind the ears once the mask is on...after I slid the mask on, her hair just flares out on either side....any advice?

I'm trying to avoid actually having to undo the mask but I fear that's the only way to get her hair in order.

I used a toothpick to carefully tuck the hair above the ears and under the sides of the mask.

@pennyworth

Carefully take the mask off again. its nearly impossible to fix the hair once its on. I'm assuming you're sliding the entire piece over her head with the straps already attached? Pull her hair back taunt then carefully slide the mask over her head paying particular attention to hold her hair back at the sides so they dont flare out. Its pretty tight but can be done.

nEVOKZ8.jpg

I was able to get the hair pretty flat. This photo is one day after putting the mask on. (Sorry for the bad quality photo)

Wet the hair (I mean, WET!), comb it back and flat, and then twist it tight (but not so tight). Slowly slide the mask while stopping to pull the hair backwards behind her ears when necessary.

PS: Those are the BROKEN goggles. They don't look terrible.

I was able to get the hair pretty flat. This photo is one day after putting the mask on. (Sorry for the bad quality photo)

Wet the hair (I mean, WET!), comb it back and flat, and then twist it tight (but not so tight). Slowly slide the mask while stopping to pull the hair backwards behind her eyes when necessary.

PS: Those are the BROKEN goggles. They don't look terrible.

Has this lead to any issues? Like, it not drying up afterwards?

Has this lead to any issues? Like, it not drying up afterwards?

No, the hair actually dries eerily quickly and largely is able to keep the shape you combed it into. Also, the instructions included suggest you wet a comb in order to flatten it before putting on the mask.

And so as fate would have it, the Selina Kyle TDKR thread went the way of it's ancestors.. The Sucker Punch Baby Doll Thread, and the Black Widow Avengers Thread... Closure iminent, there was little time to do anything except close your eyes and protect your dollies from Guyver...

..***..***...fapfapfapfap....

:lol

So my second Selina should be here in a couple of days..So I decided to do a custom. Call me crazy but this idea seems to work much better than it did on the Widow. :)

Back