1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody have their stand missing? I ordered from sideshow their exclusive version. I received the base but no stand underneath. This is my tenth hot toys and never had anything missing before.

Oddball things like that happen from time to time. Just contact SS's customer service and they'll ship out the missing piece.

Put her on the Pod, and utilized the empty cowl for the DX12. (I know I can do better with her left arm. Looks awkward, I know, but I'm tired.)

9452487447_fc43234d4b_h.jpg

9455271640_f77ff562a6_h.jpg

9455272820_be294554e8_h.jpg

9455266924_38090f4c01_h.jpg

Yes, it is macro. Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens

9454002342_14c8cdca5f_b.jpg

I really gotta stop putting it off. I was considering that lens for a long time (L-series would be nice but too expensive). And at 2.8, enough sharpness for low light.

On the other topic of alll these goggles breaking.. Man, so many horror stories. I was gonna take some more photos but now I'm thinking I should just pose her on the bike, set her on display, secure it with some quake putty/gel and leave her alone.

We should all write or post to Hot Toys and/or their facebook page about our concerns. I'm fortunate I havent broken mine as I've been treating the part like some delicate model parts I'm more familiar with so I've been extra careful. Still, it should have been made better with durability in mind. I just hope HT isn't going to route of making inferior parts as the company gains traction and more widespread popularity.

Anyways, hope to hear from anyone contacting Hot Toys, Sideshow or other distributors about getting replacements parts.

Any suggestions on getting her on the bat pod smoothly

I gave a few tips a couple of posts back. But yeah you should be able to get her to ride the Batpod in a prone position like in the movies.

2m364vq.jpg

It seems the natural thing to do at first is have her sit on the saddle of the Batpod but then you're gonna find that you can't bend her down all the way. Rather than doing that, lay her flat against the bike (as this is how you ride a sports bike anyway. Then work her legs and arms into it. You're gonna have to spread her legs apart a little then bend her knees and get them up against the pedals. Be very careful, because I'd imagine if you're too rough you could break the plastic heels off or scratch them.

2645c3t.jpg

Also if you're having problems having her bend and flex trying pushing up the thigh area around her body suit so there's a bit more slack at the hip. The reason its tough to get her to bend and all is due to that tight body which acts like tight rubber band. Pushing the suit up a bit should provide a bit more mobility.

20zr900.jpg

The saddle may seesaw down on one side because it cant support her weight. Just push it back down and adjust it accordingly.

If you want that perfect look at the "bottom" like in the movies, you can forget about it. That suit is so tight, it comforms to everything underneath. The thighs have a portion of her tush so bending her legs is gonna break the lines to the curves.

2i8ejcj.jpg

Still I think she can still look sexy on that bike - be creative and use you're imagination =)

vn0302.jpg

I don't have the figure yet, but from the pics I've seen and because of concerns over the goggles this is what I plan to do, first slick her hair back in to a pony tail but graving the hair at the neck not the head, using a wire tie just like the ones they put on electric cords, toys etc. second assemble the goggles straps and put a little crazy glue at the clasp but from the inside so it doesn't show, just a little, third carefully put the visor in place and finally holding her body between my legs to secure her, slide the mask on, and if the goggles still break after that then i'll get my 44 magnum and shoot her in the head. :pfft:

i just got her out of the box ~ didn't have trouble with the goggles, but can definitely see that they are delicate.

i'm loving her already!

just a quickie snap for funsies:

catsandjokes.jpg

: D

Sell.

Actually, sold. :lol I'm already in the process of sending it out.

It looks pretty nice but it isn't for me. I just took the Batman cowl and gave it to one of my DX 12 figures for Hong Kong jump Bruce.

Well at least you'll be spared from the heartache of having a broken goggles. :lol

For anyone looking to protect/cover Catwoman on the Batpod or the pod in general I used the 30 Gallon tank from Petsmart. Its 30/13/13. I lit it with some spare strip dioders.

I didn't want to have mine out as the rest of my stuff is in Detolfs and I think this works pretty well.

Great pics people! Good to hear that some guys are getting it done with no trouble. Usually I'm pretty good with the fragile stuff but I have a bad feeling about this one. My '89 Mobile came in problem free; how many bullets can you dodge in a week?

I didn't even open the box and see these things yet so I can't grasp a couple of the things being talked about.

Why would HT make a mask that you're required to fasten in the back? Wouldn't it be easier if it didn't open in the back at all and you could just slip it on her head?

Do you have to attach the goggles to the mask before you put it on her head? Can't you put the mask on and then assemble the goggles?

Why would HT make a mask that you're required to fasten in the back? Wouldn't it be easier if it didn't open in the back at all and you could just slip it on her head?

Do you have to attach the goggles to the mask before you put it on her head? Can't you put the mask on and then assemble the goggles?

the apparatus arrives assembled and fastened in the back with the goggles down.

i did all the flipping and opening first and then just slipped it over her head. helps to get a good grip on the hair and do a lot of futzing once it's on (but don't touch it from the top ~ just the sides).

no need to undo the back at all.

the apparatus arrives assembled and fastened in the back with the goggles down.

i did all the flipping and opening first and then just slipped it over her head. helps to get a good grip on the hair and do a lot of futzing once it's on (but don't touch it from the top ~ just the sides).

no need to undo the back at all.

That would make the most sense; to hold her hair back and just be able to slip the whole thing on. Some people's descriptions seem so much more involved than that.

Agggghhh... Already stressed out from work today and fell like killing somebody as is. Better try to approach this with a fresh head tomorrow... I am gonna go take a peek at this little pain in the a$$ though.....

For anyone looking to protect/cover Catwoman on the Batpod or the pod in general I used the 30 Gallon tank from Petsmart. Its 30/13/13. I lit it with some spare strip dioders.

I didn't want to have mine out as the rest of my stuff is in Detolfs and I think this works pretty well.

Good idea Bro, and if you decide in the future to sell her and the Batpod you can always fill it with water and put some little fishes there even Aquaman if Hot Toys does one in the future, nice, I like it and is cheaper than to make one, if I ever get the batpod I will set it up exactly like you :hi5:

Good idea Bro, and if you decide in the future to sell her and the Batpod you can always fill it with water and put some little fishes there even Aquaman if Hot Toys does one in the future, nice, I like it and is cheaper than to make one, if I ever get the batpod I will set it up exactly like you :hi5:

Yep, it was only $30

Back