1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

How does it hang there then? That Black Canary's face looks pretty flat to me so unless the pupils are actually hollowed out so that the mask can sit there with pegs, I don't think the mask can stay on it firmly.

it snaps onto the bridge of her nose IIRC. I tried putting the mask on my BC when I first got it but it looked a little "off" & I was worried it would scuff her nose up

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Really on the fence on this one. I own no other HT than Ironmen, but I'm really tempted by this Catwoman. My only gripe, like most people, is that there's no way to get her unmasked.

Interestingly, my wife really enjoyed Anna Hathaway's portrayal of the character to the point that she's even somewhat encouraging me to buy this...

Really on the fence on this one. I own no other HT than Ironmen, but I'm really tempted by this Catwoman. My only gripe, like most people, is that there's no way to get her unmasked.

Interestingly, my wife really enjoyed Anna Hathaway's portrayal of the character to the point that she's even somewhat encouraging me to buy this...

Then jump on it fast....whilst you have the momentum. That way, there is always the "But you said..." defence! :yess:

I have a whip im gonna pose her with. She gon be twerkin in the pics i post once March hits.

Just curious if people think the exclusive version of this will be available for sometime after release?

I have it preordered but am thinking of cancelling so I can use some reward points when they become available later next year.

My gut says she will be sitting for awhile.

Any thoughts?

The hype will certainly have died down by then, seeing as the DVD/Bluray is already available to alot of folks right now, and to all by Christmas. March is a really long way away from now....I still have my PO in place though and will not cancel. I want this figure regardless.

So do I. Even though I have a lot of doubts about it, it's so much better than Bane. Besides it's not as expensive.

I have a whip im gonna pose her with. She gon be twerkin in the pics i post once March hits.

That's a great idea. I have and extra Indy medicom whip I can paint black. Thanks for the tip. Forgot about that one.

Not exactly accurate to the way Catwoman is depicted in the Nolanverse, but I reckon it'll look somewhat comic-accurate.

Talking about whips, I wonder if Batman Return's Catwoman will have a better whip than the one that comes with Indie.

There's no NRD on this one. So if you cancel, you can always re order it, without losing your deposit.

But are there not cancellation fees? There always seems to be a mention of them...or is that just on Flexpay?

Can't wait for this and Bane. Really need a TDKR shelf ASAP! :panic: :D

Looking back I think this movie was pretty bad and it really wasn't a worthy followup to the previous two films.

I watched TDKR three times since i bought it, probally only watched TDK twice since i bought that on Blu and i know i have watched Begins well over ten to fifteen times since i owned that movie both on DVD and Blu-Ray.

I definitely enjoyed TDKR more then TDK in the sense that i can watch it multiple times because i liked the tone of this one,less messy then TDK and has the best soundtrack of the three movies...though, i will say watching TDK in the theatre for the first time was probally the defining moment for me compared to watching the other two in the theatre, i was not originally sold on Begins until i watched it again and it got better and better.

But are there not cancellation fees? There always seems to be a mention of them...or is that just on Flexpay?

If you're talking about sideshow, there's no cancellation fee for this, only items that have an NRD, if I understand correct. I ordered the exclusive a while ago just to secure one, knowing if I need to I can always cancel. Did the same with bane.

I watched TDKR three times since i bought it, probally only watched TDK twice since i bought that on Blu and i know i have watched Begins well over ten to fifteen times since i owned that movie both on DVD and Blu-Ray.

I definitely enjoyed TDKR more then TDK in the sense that i can watch it multiple times because i liked the tone of this one,less messy then TDK and has the best soundtrack of the three movies...though, i will say watching TDK in the theatre for the first time was probally the defining moment for me compared to watching the other two in the theatre, i was not originally sold on Begins until i watched it again and it got better and better.

Glad you liked it. We need more like you to speak up in the movie thread.

Monger might not agree with me, but TDKR is weaker than BB and/or TDK as a movie. Hype clouds people's objectivity and to be fair that's also the beauty of 21st century movies. As you pointed out yourself, the tone and story flow and sountrack make the movie what it is, an enjoyable summer movie. Most people don't give any thought to plot development, character development, dialogue and performance when they watch movies. So it's all down to subjectivity. But of course, as a movie, it's weaker than BB and TDK due to all of those 4 factors I mentioned earlier and more. Fun factor, on the other hand, is somewhat better than TDK which is already superior to BB.

This will be a sell out...fairly fast..once in hand everyone will rush to buy..

I love TDK and is my all time fav movie dethroning the original Matrix. I also love dark city which not many do as I enjoy normal movies but respect the ones that bring something new to the table and keep me on my toes. TDKR wasn't as good as TDK but was the best trilogy ending movie i can think of atm and by no means a bad movie. I guess it's more of a definition of how objective your "pretty bad" is but my pretty bad category TDKR is not even close to being in

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Last edited:

I love TDK and is my all time fav movie dethroning the original Matrix. I also love dark city which not many do as I enjoy normal movies but respect the ones that bring something new to the table and keep me on my toes. TDKR wasn't as good as TDK but was the best trilogy ending movie i can think of atm and by no means a bad movie. I guess it's more of a definition of how objective your "bad" is rather than whatever criteria you use to measure a movie against.

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

TDKR's "badness" lies in the script which in turn leads to poor character motivation and development as well as a number of plot-holes. But these don't matter to an audience. So long as the pacing is intact and the performance is consistent throughout the duration of the movie, most audience won't notice said "badness." Nolan's brilliance is in his way of suspending audience's disbelief.

Having said that, it's still a great summer blockbuster, no doubt about it. My earlier point was that like or dislike is subjective. Objectivity comes when the hype has ended. That's when you see the movie for what it is. If I was to ask you to watch a movie from some obscure East European country, you'll watch it objectively because there is little chance of it getting any sort of an exposure or hype and therefore nothing gets in the way of your judgement. That's all me point was. I only point out the "badness" because I have a degree in filmmaking which is why my observation is academic in nature, but the point is quite simple; like or dislike is subjective and objectivity begins when hype ends or something along those lines.

Speaking of trilogy, can I recommend The Godfather? Best ending to a trilogy by far. Superb script, acting, directing, cinematography, set pieces, score, the whole nine yards.

Incidentally, I love Dark City too.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive."
-Thomas Jefferson

TDKR's "badness" lies in the script which in turn leads to poor character motivation and development as well as a number of plot-holes. But these don't matter to an audience. So long as the pacing is intact and the performance is consistent throughout the duration of the movie, most audience won't notice said "badness." Nolan's brilliance is in his way of suspending audience's disbelief.

Having said that, it's still a great summer blockbuster, no doubt about it. My earlier point was that like or dislike is subjective. Objectivity comes when the hype has ended. That's when you see the movie for what it is. If I was to ask you to watch a movie from some obscure East European country, you'll watch it objectively because there is little chance of it getting any sort of an exposure or hype and therefore nothing gets in the way of your judgement. That's all me point was. I only point out the "badness" because I have a degree in filmmaking which is why my observation is academic in nature, but the point is quite simple; like or dislike is subjective and objectivity begins when hype ends or something along those lines.

Speaking of trilogy, can I recommend The Godfather? Best ending to a trilogy by far. Superb script, acting, directing, cinematography, set pieces, score, the whole nine yards.

Incidentally, I love Dark City too.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive."
-Thomas Jefferson

You had me UNTIL 'godfather 3'

Back