1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman/Selina Kyle

I already loved Hathaway and the character and her performance were brilliant. Most anticipated Bat-figure for me. And I agree that they have to have 2 sculpts - the naming almost guarantees it.

Has to be rooted hair too - sculpted long hair would look horrendous.

I don't think the naming has to mean anything other than referring to her name in the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong - I'd love a "double figure" but I'm not counting on it given how light the latest figures are.

Just saw the film tonight. This has become my most desired (of actual licences) Hot Toys figure of all time. Sorry, Loki.

I don't think the naming has to mean anything other than referring to her name in the film.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't get me wrong - I'd love a "double figure" but I'm not counting on it given how light the latest figures are.

Spoiler Spoiler:

In any case, i hope full reveal this week :woo
dont wanna wait 2 weeks :(

Just make her with that awesome catsuit, goggles up and goggles down, and I will be happy. No need for alternative outfits in my opinion.

Just make her with that awesome catsuit, goggles up and goggles down, and I will be happy. No need for alternative outfits in my opinion.

Yes, alternative outfits will make more cost.

Yes, alternative outfits will make more cost.

No they won't. Hot Toys will charge a lot for her regardless of what it comes with :dunno I feel like they have a set price before they even make the figures and then if they feel like they need to justify it a bit they will throw in trinkets or just not care, such as with Bane.

Somehow, I think this is gonna be a
2 in 1, so it wont be cheap like batman.
I think it'll be catwoman, and then black dress Selina with pearls.

If it is indeed to be dolly hair.. I'll give her a miss.

It'll look lovely to begin with - I'm sure, but over time it won't last.. it'll just deteriorate. Unless they make it out of teflon. :lol Besides - I'm not brushing it everyday just to give it a chance at more longevity anyway. :monkey1

Of course.. if they make a Julie Newmar figure, then all that's OUT THE WINDOW. :lecture :lol

I wouldn't mind doll hair for this figure because Selina's hair is straight. No curly or wavy frizzing non-sense to deal with. Straight hair will remain straight in your display case. :hi5:

As much as I dislike the doll hair, a little water goes a long way towards keeping it tame. at least that's the case with BW.:dunno

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well all the other merchandise calls her Catwoman so I think HT might give us more stuff.

Can't wait to see this -- Hathaway definitely exceeded my expectations.

Regarding the hair -- she needs rooted hair. Since her hair was so long & straight having sculpted hair would not work well at all. Now for Black Widow (Avengers) -- there was really no excuse for rooted hair since her hair was shorter than Thor's & had thick curls/waviness to it. Sculpted wouldn't hinder head movement & you wouldn't have to worry about the style getting frizzy/haywire. For bone straight hair though -- rooted would be the way to go

As for the two heads thing, I think it'd be pretty cool if the head and mask had magnets, and the mask was removable.

As for the two heads thing, I think it'd be pretty cool if the head and mask had magnets, and the mask was removable.

That would be cool! But I'd be worried about it leaving marks on the figures head. I'd be perfectly happy with just a single, masked head.

Spoiler Spoiler:

We're not talking about a "double figure" - HT naming conventions in the past have established that a identity/secret identity name means 2 head sculpts - one masked and one unmasked.

You pretty much need rooted hair in order to be able to tip her head waaaay back so she is able to look forward when hunched over the bat pod. Having sculpted hair would interfere with this greatly..

Back