1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Catwoman from an ebay seller last week, read everybody's warnings in this thread about the goggles very seriously, and handled them like they were radioactive. And they still broke. They broke with barely a touch from me. So that's a huge problem, because I have no intention of replacing them with a $50+ set on ebay that would be just as prone to breakage. I displayed her with just the domino mask for awhile, but without the "cat ears" effect she's just a woman in a stealth costume, not Catwoman--though to be fair, she was just barely Catwoman in the first place. No tail, no claws, no whip--I'm not a fan of Christopher Nolan's take on this character and if I wasn't a huge fan of Anne Hathaway i would have skipped this figure. Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman is the one I really want and I'm fairly confident, despite all the delays, that we'll be getting one eventually. But now what do I do with this figure?

Well the Anne Hathaway headsculpt is just too nice not to display, but I'm not into displaying "civilian" versions of characters on my shelf--Anne in an elegant lady costume or a maid outfit or a prison outfit, all of which she wore in the movie, would nevertheless just make me want the cat-ears look back. But I'm not buying another set of goggles. So: Anne Hathaway--good; Anne Hathaway as any iteration of Catwoman without her goggles--bad. Time to kitbash!

I've decided to make Anne a Vampire Slayer to go on the shelf with some old Sideshow Buffy figures I still have. I'll have pictures up when I finish it! And hopefully Hot Toys will announce a Batman Returns Catwoman at SDCC...

A. Throw it in the trash

B. Part it out and sell it

C. Pack it up back in the box, sell it as new/not displayed with broken goggles

Finally decided to break this one out......

mj37sx.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg
2ymhe7c.jpg
image.jpg
1196v6b.jpg

Holy Monkey! I was peaking around the net for an ideal pose to put Selina in with the new Bat Pod that I ordered... Your photos have convinced me to borrow yours!

Hope ya don't mind :clap

Not at all. Be my guest!:hi5:

2iuzt79.jpg

Last edited:
You need to fix the hair, TK's looks good because its symetrical, while the hair on yours kinda flair out a bit near the ears. I know its had to futz with the goggles being fragile and all, but just be careful, take your time, and be gentle.

You need to fix the hair, TK's looks good because its symetrical, while the hair on yours kinda flair out a bit near the ears. I know its had to futz with the goggles being fragile and all, but just be careful, take your time, and be gentle.

Thanks for the tip, hydeous! The futzing shall commence

Back