1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine today...

All I can say is thanks to all the complaints about the mask not being removable...

This is what we get, an extremely annoying easily broken removable mask...

Pointless unless you're one of the weirdos that dresses these in lingerie and stuff... she never had the mask off in the catsuit so I just never got the complaints...

Anyways, thanks hot toys for listening to the fans at the worst time.

M.

tumblr_ms77nspdf21rgow76o3_500.jpg

Last edited:
Asking again:

Can anybody helps a dude out with allowing me to use their in hand Catwoman pics on The Hottoycast please? I only need three shots.

Thanks for replying man!

I just need any three decent shots you have of her! maybe one on the batpod if you have it. Any pics you have already taken will be fine, no need to take new ones! :)

Don't have the batpod, but i have one of her on Sam Flynn's lightcycle, lol.
I'll take a few and email them to you. Send me a quick email to my addy in my sigline and i'll reply with pics.

First shots, on-camera flash = bland lighting - better images next time.

I also need to redo the hair and figure out how to better pose her - the suit really makes all the joints snap back like rubber bands and the heels (plus no side-to-side ankle angling) make balancing tricky.

The Wayne Enterprises boxes are awesome. Any insight as to how you made them (both the cardboard and plastic versions)?

I also need to redo the hair and figure out how to better pose her - the suit really makes all the joints snap back like rubber bands and the heels (plus no side-to-side ankle angling) make balancing tricky.

Haha, yes, definitely needs more posing work. Try and get her legs more straight and her feet closer together - right now it looks like she's bracing herself to get tackled or something, with her knees bent and feet so far apart.

Love seeing your office displays! You're Batcave turned out great!

Asking again:

Can anybody helps a dude out with allowing me to use their in hand Catwoman pics on The Hottoycast please? I only need three shots.

I haven't posted a lot of pics of her yet, but you're welcome to use them.

Here are my favorites:

IMG_6361crop.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

IMG_6288crop.jpg

Not sure why that last pic doesn't get more love. Gonna toot my own horn here: she looks more like Hathaway in that pic than any other I've seen. A workmate said it was "uncanny".

I was going for a high-noon shoot-out pose. ;) It doesn't look as bad in person because one of the legs is actually in front of the other as if she's stepping forward to brace herself - it would be better with both hands on the gun though.

I'll probably have to use a stand to get the pose I want with feet much closer together. - EDIT: I moved the legs much closer together with equal stability - looks much better, but I'll still repose tomorrow as I have a plan for an alternate take on the same idea.

The Wayne Enterprises boxes are awesome. Any insight as to how you made them (both the cardboard and plastic versions)?

The cardboard boxes are… Small cardboard boxes. I didn't custom fold them, but it wouldn't be terribly hard with some thin corrugated. The plastic boxes are "Really Useful Boxes" (from the UK) which are available in many places in the US and Canada, including online directly from the manufacturer's US HQ in all sorts of sizes. The logos are laser printed onto clear acetate sheet and attached with spray adhesive. With a sign-jet type of cutting machine I'd print masks to spray paint logos or cut them out of adhesive vinyl - though the small text underneath wouldn't be possible with either of those methods.

Last edited:
I got mine today...

All I can say is thanks to all the complaints about the mask not being removable...

This is what we get, an extremely annoying easily broken removable mask...

Pointless unless you're one of the weirdos that dresses these in lingerie and stuff... she never had the mask off in the catsuit so I just never got the complaints...

Anyways, thanks hot toys for listening to the fans at the worst time.

M.

WHY couldn't they just make a better mask?

Why the Hell is this the fans' fault? Hot Toys makes crappy breakable stuff sometimes, Ever thought of that?

Im not trying to argue with you, my point is that This only Proves how crappy Hot Toys handles things.
This just shows you how they don't care if everything is in good condition.

Every figure has readily breakable parts and accessories, it's just this one is an integral part of the basic figure. I didn't have any problems with the mask for mine, BUT (and a HUGE BUT) I had the benefit of reading about all the potential issues, the fragility and tips here in the forum before I lay my hands on it. With that information in hand it's pretty easy to handle the mask delicately enough not to break it. So far. ;)

Bro that looks effin fantastic. Wow. :clap:clap:panic::panic:

"How crappy HotToys handles things".

Boy aren't you a spoiled person!

They make the damned finest collectibles. Handle them with care!

I know you guys are going to hate me but I swear I had it book marked somewhere but if any one has a link anywhere could you point me in the right direction on directions for how not to break this mask? Thanks in advance.

Back