1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

6a853733gw1e6nmk2bbxvj213d0sr7a1.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmj8v2rnj20r713dq8w.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmj38jz2j20nz13daf2.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmizdhhij213d0q9dnm.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmirvuysj20qn13d478.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmihiowoj20sx13dq98.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmidqs0aj20sl13d7be.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmi96i9qj20q913dag4.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmi557mcj20sn13dn4d.jpg

6a853733gw1e6nmi12yygj213d0rltdu.jpg

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Obviously a step down from the gorgeous sculpt but this may be like Widow and be one of those figs that's better in hand.

Will definitely need to get rid of her 14th Century undergarments. She'll look better on the pod that way.

Will definitely need to get rid of her 14th Century undergarments. She'll look better on the pod that way.

I'm interested to see this, because it costs HT real money to make that garment AND to put it on the figure. It's there for a reason, and I don't think it's to prevent staining the body.

She is wearing a onesie to prevent the costume from getting pinched by the joints on the body. :lecture

She is wearing a onesie to prevent the costume from getting pinched by the joints on the body. :lecture

Nope, it's staining.... "The onesie" only really covers one joint/break in the rubber torso and that joint rarely if ever would cause pinching.

What would really possibility to pinch the costume is the hips to thighs section that's hardly protected.

You already could see stains on the white undergarment:

If fabric was stained, then the (hard) PVC arms and legs would like be stained too...
$(KGrHqZHJEMFHjKkrzu4BR5D5+b0h!~~60_57.JPG

it's probably to aid the articulation. without it, the rubber and bodysuit material will have a lot of friction. this gives her smoother twisting and bending (and keeps the stain off as well).

it's probably to aid the articulation. without it, the rubber and bodysuit material will have a lot of friction. this gives her smoother twisting and bending (and keeps the stain off as well).

Friction that would impedes putting on the "catsuit"... After which it does not really help in twisting/bending of the torso (which is subjected to minimal movements)...

But why would Hot Toys (or anyone) care if the body stains under the fabric that's never supposed to come off anyway? They didn't protect the parts most likely to be visible in any future kit-bash, the legs and arms.

cause they know people wanna uzinp that thang

Last edited:

There's always some sort of juvenile posting in these HT female figure threads.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:exactly:

Its good to see that HT tries to improve their figures with every release

Same with the HT Sarah Connor fig, you cant take the ball pegs out.

Not the same as Sarah Connor, but You CAN take the peg out on both Sarah's and BW's legs.... However with Sarah's you'll have to split the entire glued lower leg to do so.

Looks like it might fit a variety of men's shoes. ;) I think for my purposes, I could probably just cut that peg off, but I'll have to check Alice's boots to confirm.

Glued strength of BW's ankle pegs varies from figure to figure... some takes an eternity to dislodge it, some just a few seconds.

This is what I mean...The Avengers Widow leg
Trust me I tried every bare foot sculpt, heels and shoes trying to attach to her foot. That Ball joint is made that only the Avenger's boot will fit. :slap

I think that's why they know they goofed and decided to change it back to the non peg style.

HT have been alternating between Split ball and ball pegs for the ankles.... Generally boots will get the single ball peg. Thinner material shoes will get split ball ankles.... You could say, where the shape on the ankles are important for the figure, HT will use the spilt-ball. Generally the ball peg will have the same diameter as used by the double ball True Type males.

As a prove I pop one of my BW's ankle pegs off easily... pop it out in less than 5 seconds with slight wiggle to the sides to break the glue connection. NOTE/WARNING: Some ankles are glued very well, almost impossible to get out (without patience or know how).... and yet not damaging the figure.
Widow_pegs.jpg

Last edited:

The only thing I thought of right after seeing that white padding, is that it's there to create the silhouette that Anne's torso had when she's wearing the catsuit. Kind of like how padding DX08 Joker and Coulson's guts under the suit to create the fuller midsection.

Anne appeared to be wearing a corset that helped define a sleeker bust-waist-hips silhouette

283135-anne-hathaway-is-catwoman.jpg

compared to Scarlett who seems to have worn nothing but maybe standard undies before her suit

Scarlett-Johansson-Black-Widow-Costume-The-Avengers.jpg

But why would Hot Toys (or anyone) care if the body stains under the fabric that's never supposed to come off anyway? They didn't protect the parts most likely to be visible in any future kit-bash, the legs and arms.

Because the Soft PVC torso stains more easily than the arms and legs.... and People do use the body for other purposes (bashing) than just keeping it in the catsuit.

In a way it shows HT do care for the quality and the interaction/staining of materials of their product...

hahaha. that's what the black widow thread looks like.

Back