1/6 MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

Random observation:

I can't believe HT not only produced a Barney ROss figure, but that they've now produced TWO. It's possible that movie hasn't even made back its production budget yet (IMDB), but someone is obviously buying the figures. Boggles my mind.

Likeness issues aside, I'm sure the Selina Kyle figure will be well made. Hot Toys just doesn't release poorly crafted/rendered figures (any more). Everyone with recent female figures in hand has attested to that too.

They're pretty entertaining movies but 2 Ross figures is pointless. My guess is this is the last we will see from that franchise until Expendable 3 when Barney Ross 3.0 comes out. :slap

Re: Hot Toys MMS188 The Dark Knight Rises: Selina Kyle/Catwoman Figure Full Specs & P

I couldn't sit through the first movie and reluctantly forced myself to finish the second just to be certain it was as bad as the first 30 seconds made it seem. First movie 2/10, second 0/10. Going to the dentist a solid 3/10.

They're pretty entertaining movies but 2 Ross figures is pointless. My guess is this is the last we will see from that franchise until Expendable 3 when Barney Ross 3.0 comes out. :slap

It's a great representation of the character and the actor (Stallone), I bet it sells well for it being Stallone alone.

Back on topic, it's nice to see Catwoman is up for a release sometime soon.

It's unfortunate that the likeness is of an aged/ragged wig/toupe-wearing Stalone though. ;)

On topic: Apart from speculation on rework for Selina Kyle, I suspect Hot Toys was stuck with too many figures pushing out at the same time which ended up backlogging their production lines. It's not like Hot Toys is Mattel with a fees dozen production facilities. I'm sure they can't run more than a couple of figures at the same time, if they can even do more than one. That means changing out moulds and dies and the logistical issues that come with that. Remember that super long JUNE list? That's insanity from a production process standpoint for any company.

Because we're getting closer I pulled the trigger on my previously ordered "bag of loot" at BBTS and had them ship the Tumbler. This way I can fill out my Batman display when SK finally gets here.

This may be the first HT female figure i buy hopefully OMG's and the rest of the bloggers persuade me. Inbetween Bane and Bats she'll fit right in.

I sold off my Batpod, while it was a great piece it just didn't fit in. Considering it was on the table in the corner it was quite far from my TDK collection and i like to keep lines toghether. Plus i needed the £££ at the time. I don't regret it either TBH

It's unfortunate that the likeness is of an aged/ragged wig/toupe-wearing Stalone though. ;)

On topic: Apart from speculation on rework for Selina Kyle, I suspect Hot Toys was stuck with too many figures pushing out at the same time which ended up backlogging their production lines. It's not like Hot Toys is Mattel with a fees dozen production facilities. I'm sure they can't run more than a couple of figures at the same time, if they can even do more than one. That means changing out moulds and dies and the logistical issues that come with that. Remember that super long JUNE list? That's insanity from a production process standpoint for any company.

Because we're getting closer I pulled the trigger on my previously ordered "bag of loot" at BBTS and had them ship the Tumbler. This way I can fill out my Batman display when SK finally gets here.

Based on that pic she looks good. I think she looks pretty much like the proto pics, the only difference hopefully being the removable mask.

In a recent conversation I had with a collector-buddy of mine, we both sorta came to a similar conclusion. Hot Toys these days just have way too many licenses to juggle and still maintain their exceptional production quality, much less timeliness.

It's all sort of a consequence of their success. However, this doesn't excuse their god-awful estimated release times.

They've really got to start getting real about release dates. No excuse for them to be so unrealistic about that.

6abcda73gw1e55bfpvlf5j20x90p0drz.jpg

I like these upcoming release pics. Catwoman looks cool from what I can see. Hulk looks awesome, must resist!

This will be my first* Hot Toys figure in a small box. Cool. She'll join DX12 (Bats), DX05 (Indy), DX07 (Luke) and MMS152 (Superman).

Or it will be my second if the slow boat from Hong Kong drops off Alice first. ;)

It really does, looking forward to OMG's pics of it. May sell a fig or two off to fund her.

It really does, looking forward to OMG's pics of it. May sell a fig or two off to fund her.

Now we can countdown as to how quickly people will pounce on this pic with red circles and critiques of how the likeness is off from the proto.:wink1:

Kidding aside, it's only a matter of time now before we get to see some new pics from the Asia-based toy collector sites.
:rock

Now we can countdown as to how quickly people will pounce on this pic with red circles and critiques of how the likeness is off from the proto.:wink1:

Kidding aside, it's only a matter of time now before we get to see some new pics from the Asia-based toy collector sites.
:rock

haha...her left boob is off by a cm, her nose has a pimple which should be there the zipper is too big. Her nose is not in line with her ears. :panic::panic::panic::panic: i can see it now :rotfl:rotfl.

Judging on her price from HK i may buy. Last time i bought from HK was Bane in jan. Going off the mark VII which is going for £380 :horror and £180 in the uk if its anywhere near that i'll go with UK.

Judging on her price from HK i may buy. Last time i bought from HK was Bane in jan. Going off the mark VII which is going for £380 :horror and £180 in the uk if its anywhere near that i'll go with UK.

Yeah, those HK sellers can **** right off for those prices.

I don't want to be a troll but looking at the mask that looks like the ****ty barbie version

I don't want to be a troll but looking at the mask that looks like the ****ty barbie version

I think its safe to say nothing can really be judged on until we see much clearer newer pics.

Have they come out and said what her heels are made of? Metal like what they used on preds wrist blade and Sam pred and Sparrow's sword or just silver coated plastic?

? I don't see anything wrong with the mask.

Back