1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Over-thinking toys since 2011. :rotfl

Nah. I’ve always been impressed by your selectivity and the thought and considerations that go into every piece in your collection. Yours is an ideal I try to emulate and fail miserably at.

Sums up my feelings pretty much. This figure pops so vibrantly in my living room, and I have a lot of colorful items in my collection.

^Great shot.

I'm still sort of taking it in. As much as I like Cavill's Superman as a contemporary take on the character -- any missteps or over-corrections notwithstanding -- I haven't been 100% sold on the HT renditions or I suppose I would have bought one by now, and the modern films, in spite of having some great moments in them, have so far fallen short for me, with some of the design choices looking like they may become overly "realistic" footnotes.

Reeves Superman is nostalgic, well-rendered, and stylistically so very close to the comics I read as a kid, right up until I was 15 years old. I've since outgrown the character (at least in terms of comics) but this figure represents an overlap of eras for me as a kid, in film-making, and storytelling in general.

When I get a new figure, I always wait to live with it a bit before saying it'll be part of my permanent collection, but having this figure in the company of GoD Bruce Lee and OT Star Wars...so far it seems to fit exceptionally well and resonates as a progenitor of all things Superhero we see in media today. It looks like a strong contender for permanent collection.

Reeves as Superman, Keaton as Batman, Jackman as Wolverine, Downey Jr. as Iron Man ... sometimes movie magic happens when someone steps in and owns a role, transcending trends and fashions.

Of course the '78 film seems naive and goofy by today's standards, but I still think it transcends a lot of those things, making any failings more forgivable. The way I forgive dialogue and plotholes in Star Wars, for instance. :lol

My sentiments as well.

Even though I think Cavill’s Superman is a more serious take on the character and his films are better as overall Superman films, I like the way the mythology of the character was handled in the Reeve films (1 & 2 at least) better. It felt a bit more deep and profound. Especially the Fortress of Solitude scene where Jor-El reveals to Clark who he really is and his true origins. While the talking head is indeed a bit corny and antiquated, the magical feeling of the scene, combined with the dialogue and the score, culminating in seeing the silhouette of now Superman and him flying towards the screen and peeling away, is still goosebump inducing to this day.

As I mentioned in the JL Superman thread though, what I think the Cavill films succeeded at was making the character have skin in the game. It’s easy to be brave and courageous when you know you’re not going to get hurt, which I think is what made him the most unrelatable to most people and makes Batman appealing and popular, being that he’s a mortal man who is putting his ass on the line every evening, taking the bumps and bruises to do what he feels is right, having the scars to show for it. Cavill’s Superman I feel changed that for the character of Superman, especially in BvS. Both psychologically/emotionally and physically.

saw this over on the foosh ,talented guy made this with the intention of sharing it with fans to print off and use for a prop in a display

guess/ hope he wouldn't mind it being posted over here ,as sharing is caring :)

User avatarMldMnrdReporter
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Re: Official DC Action Photo Thread 2.0
Postby MldMnrdReporter » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:00 am

Made this today for fun. Figured I'd post this here in case anybody wants to use it for a diorama accessory or something. Hope you all enjoy! :D

1MEhhMu.jpg

saw this over on the foosh ,talented guy made this with the intention of sharing it with fans to print off and use for a prop in a display

guess/ hope he wouldn't mind it being posted over here ,as sharing is caring :)

User avatarMldMnrdReporter
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Re: Official DC Action Photo Thread 2.0
Postby MldMnrdReporter » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:00 am

Made this today for fun. Figured I'd post this here in case anybody wants to use it for a diorama accessory or something. Hope you all enjoy! :D

This is awesome. I added newsprint texture and halftones to the images. Think he'd mind if I shared? I'm not taking any credit for it and would like to give credit where it's due. I don't want to step on any toes.

Also props to the creator for his use and knowledge of "Lorem ipsum dolor" as dummy text. :clapnewsprint-snippet.jpg

My sentiments as well.

Even though I think Cavill’s Superman is a more serious take on the character and his films are better as overall Superman films, I like the way the mythology of the character was handled in the Reeve films (1 & 2 at least) better. It felt a bit more deep and profound. Especially the Fortress of Solitude scene where Jor-El reveals to Clark who he really is and his true origins. While the talking head is indeed a bit corny and antiquated, the magical feeling of the scene, combined with the dialogue and the score, culminating in seeing the silhouette of now Superman and him flying towards the screen and peeling away, is still goosebump inducing to this day.

As I mentioned in the JL Superman thread though, what I think the Cavill films succeeded at was making the character have skin in the game. It’s easy to be brave and courageous when you know you’re not going to get hurt, which I think is what made him the most unrelatable to most people and makes Batman appealing and popular, being that he’s a mortal man who is putting his ass on the line every evening, taking the bumps and bruises to do what he feels is right, having the scars to show for it. Cavill’s Superman I feel changed that for the character of Superman, especially in BvS. Both psychologically/emotionally and physically.

After seeing Donners cut of part 2, I don't think I will ever watch the theatrical version again. My only problem with Donners ending was it had the same gimmick part 1 had. The funny part is that the sequel was probably right behind ESB on my,movies list until I was probably around 10 or 11.

I’m the opposite. I actually prefer the theatrical version of Superman II than I do the Donner cut. I wasn’t really a fan of Lois shooting the blank round at Clark to prove he’s Superman; I kind of preferred the river scene and the subsequent tripping into the fire and having his hand show no sign of injury. And I didn’t like him destroying the FoS at the end and like you said, the same gimmick as the first film. Don’t get me wrong, the “super mind erasing kiss” was just as campy, but at least it was different than doing the same thing as the first film.

Either version, I think it’s one of the best sequels in cinematic history.

This is awesome. I added newsprint texture and halftones to the images. Think he'd mind if I shared? I'm not taking any credit for it and would like to give credit where it's due. I don't want to step on any toes.

Also props to the creator for his use and knowledge of "Lorem ipsum dolor" as dummy text. :clapView attachment 428557

Nice! If only I could change the font!

That looks awesome. The shoulder area to my eye looks a bit peculiar, but having a fabric S glyph stitched into the suit in my opinion fixes the one glaring issue with the stock figure.

Looks amazing Jaymig926. How much was that Yunsil suit? The colour looks a little better and the material without that shiny finish of the HT suit.

As much as I love the original figure this convinces me HT should do a new version from Superman 2. Those small improvements to the suit and S with an improved sculpt would give us the ultimate 1/6 scale Reeve Superman.

Just my two cents but I prefer the stock figure.
The neck looks too long on your custom and the shoulder/upper arm look really off.
I also think that in this scale the stitching of the "S" is too thick for the figure making it look more doll like.
Did you add nipples?
The repainted head is great but frankly so is the HT one out of the box.
Again, just my opinion.

Yes I agree I’ll push down the shoulders and the head I realized wasn’t pushed down all of the way and no nips lol it’s the stock reeve body. The suit is available still maybe on customonesixth.com under custom commissions (yunsil-superman-78) I’ll fix things up and post some pics tomorrow

Yes I agree I’ll push down the shoulders and the head I realized wasn’t pushed down all of the way and no nips lol it’s the stock reeve body. The suit is available still maybe on customonesixth.com under custom commissions (yunsil-superman-78) I’ll fix things up and post some pics tomorrow

Kudos to you for taking criticism well! :clap
Not everyone is able to.

I think pushing the head all the way and maybe futzing the shoulders will bring out the best in your figure.

That custom suit is great!

Can someone please post the link to the custom supes custom?

Back