1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey DEATHASYLUM, my neck joint is being delivered today! Hope it fits. In the meantime, I removed the broken one [no heat needed] and used clear tubing as a work around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

IMG_2932done_zpsd80186c8.jpg

Been looking at this guy for awhile, but the prices were just to much. I ended up finding one locally for a good price!
For a 2011 figure, its very impressive! Not a fan of the ice, they aren't very sturdy.

IMG_6158.jpg

Congrats! It is a very nice figure indeed.

Did yours not include the oval base? If you’re not a fan of the diorama base, you could just use the oval one.

Congrats! It is a very nice figure indeed.

Did yours not include the oval base? If you’re not a fan of the diorama base, you could just use the oval one.
I did get the oval base. Once the diorama is set and I don’t touch it, the pieces stay. I do like the diorama, it’s just a little flimsy.

The fact that a Zod and a Clark DX hasn't been done and another Jor-El is just blasphemy.

The only parts of this figure that really requires 2.0 treatment to me are the cape and the screen printing. Cape is arguable though because I’m sure there’s probably people who prefer the wire cape; I prefer a free hanging cape myself. Though I’m sure everyone can agree regarding the screen printing.

Material of the suit, the belt, the boots, and the sculpt, I think are all great.

If they do a 2.0 version though, I wouldn’t rerelease this per se. I would just release it as a Superman II version with Zod.

The only parts of this figure that really requires 2.0 treatment to me are the cape and the screen printing. Cape is arguable though because I’m sure there’s probably people who prefer the wire cape; I prefer a free hanging cape myself. Though I’m sure everyone can agree regarding the screen printing.

Material of the suit, the belt, the boots, and the sculpt, I think are all great.

If they do a 2.0 version though, I wouldn’t rerelease this per se. I would just release it as a Superman II version with Zod.

Agree on the free hanging cape looking better and the HT wired capes are never strong enough to hold good poses anyway. Ideally they would include two capes with each figure but that's never gonna happen.

The sculpt is great but looks noticeably soft compared to some more recent HT figures. I'd love to see a Superman II version with a few improvements and as you say Zod to.

A DX double pack Superman and Clark Kent would be awesome along with a Stamp Zod figure. Again never gonna happen but one can dream.

Never happen. Which is why after months of deliberation I picked one of these up.

Dated though it is, it’s somehow a better representation of the character I grew up with than Cavill; whom I don’t have a big problem with, mostly his suit feels overdone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Supes arrived today. Dated though it may be, this is one hell of an effort by HT. Suit's a little shiny when the light hits it wrong, but I expected that based on reviews.

Super solid figure and nostalgic as hell.

^Great shot.

I'm still sort of taking it in. As much as I like Cavill's Superman as a contemporary take on the character -- any missteps or over-corrections notwithstanding -- I haven't been 100% sold on the HT renditions or I suppose I would have bought one by now, and the modern films, in spite of having some great moments in them, have so far fallen short for me, with some of the design choices looking like they may become overly "realistic" footnotes.

Reeves Superman is nostalgic, well-rendered, and stylistically so very close to the comics I read as a kid, right up until I was 15 years old. I've since outgrown the character (at least in terms of comics) but this figure represents an overlap of eras for me as a kid, in film-making, and storytelling in general.

When I get a new figure, I always wait to live with it a bit before saying it'll be part of my permanent collection, but having this figure in the company of GoD Bruce Lee and OT Star Wars...so far it seems to fit exceptionally well and resonates as a progenitor of all things Superhero we see in media today. It looks like a strong contender for permanent collection.

Reeves as Superman, Keaton as Batman, Jackman as Wolverine, Downey Jr. as Iron Man ... sometimes movie magic happens when someone steps in and owns a role, transcending trends and fashions.

Of course the '78 film seems naive and goofy by today's standards, but I still think it transcends a lot of those things, making any failings more forgivable. The way I forgive dialogue and plotholes in Star Wars, for instance. :lol

Back