1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

That Reeves in that flying pose actually looks pretty good, almost too good. Looks too natural and fluid...

:lol, too natural and fluid? What does that mean ???, lol...

Nice set of photos. However, Supes needs to pull up his britches a little there. :wink1:

I would love to want to get this, but I can't see past the shiny stuck on shield. Everything else looks phenomenal, which just makes is that much more glaring. The fact it's stuck on wouldn't be so bad if it was some kind of fabric, or at least textured to try to mimic the texture of the fabric. It also seems to have an odd outline on it, which isn't accurate.

I would love to want to get this,

What? Seems like you haven't seen the original Superman movies. Unless you're talking about something completely different and posted in the wrong thread - because that's also a possibility.

What? Seems like you haven't seen the original Superman movies. Unless you're talking about something completely different and posted in the wrong thread - because that's also a possibility.

Superman: The Movie is my all time favorite movie. Everything on this figure is great except for the shield. That issue is enough to make me hold back on spending the money, though.

Superman: The Movie is my all time favorite movie. Everything on this figure is great except for the shield. That issue is enough to make me hold back on spending the money, though.

That's a shame. I'm looking at my figure right now and it all looks very natural and AWESOME

Superman: The Movie is my all time favorite movie. Everything on this figure is great except for the shield.
I agree. The figure itself is amazingly good; one of my faves - period, but the 'S' chest symbol isn't right.

It's not a deal breaker though man, so don't deprive yourself. :wink1:

Just scanned this today. 1983 vintage.

I only just watched that again the other day, for the first time in probably 20 years. :lol

I have other older Superman movie stuff to scan as well, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a copy of the original poster/ad. That shot is from an ad in a magazine.

Last edited:

Hmm.. I didn't even notice it was pretty much exactly 30 years when I started scanning today. I'll just say it was on purpose from now on though. ;) The issue of the movie magazine is all about Return of the Jedi, so that was the impetus in starting the scans.

Hmm.. I didn't even notice it was pretty much exactly 30 years when I started scanning today. I'll just say it was on purpose from now on though. ;) The issue of the movie magazine is all about Return of the Jedi, so that was the impetus in starting the scans.

Aha. My Brother is a big Superman fan. He'll get a kick out of seeing that image, and any more Superman related ones you find.

Just scanned this today. 1983 vintage.

I remember the first time I saw this poster in the theater when I went and saw Return of the Jedi. Made me not want to see it at all. It was obvious they turned it into a joke. I never saw it until it was on HBO while I was home sick from school. The Superman vs. Evil Superman confrontation is the film's only saving grace.

The poster is notable for me because it's such a departure from the tone of the first Superman movie which was the one that really put me in awe. This one looks like another Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder buddy comedy - which I quite like, but not mixed with Superman.

Back