1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Checked out the site and the video and It was alot of fun. Having your son do it with you is a great ideal. I'll be checking out the rest of your site and your other reviews. Both of you keep up the good work. :clap :clap

Thnaks man! I appreciate it! :duff

Sallah

Who is this REEVES Superman everyone (including fans of the 1978 movie) up until now is typing about? :slap

Makes me clamor for a 1950's Supes though, to pair with a possible Adam West Bats.

Still probably one of the best Hot Toys figures to date

Thought I would post some snaps of my favorite figure... I like various things about this pose and as many of you know, the slightest thing makes all the difference. Here are the few things that make this pose perfect (for now!) in my mind:

• Chin tipped forward - Took a good bit of pressure but finally the head popped forwards more than usual and looks great
  • Minimal creasing on clothes where legs bent which is very hard to get
  • His left leg with ankle slightly bent to the right and toes pointed
  • His right leg with foot twisted inwards slightly
  • Chest seems to be pushed out just right
  • Cape corner resting on ice to give a nice effect

Heres the photo's guys.. what do you think..?

P1050633.jpg

P1050641.jpg

Also installed lighting in my Detolf's tonight and makes Superman look amazing.. Im so proud of it all.. check it out!!

Cabinet.jpg

Just to add my two cents, this figure is awesome. I bought it on a whim and I am so glad I did. One of my centerpieces.

Thought I would post some snaps of my favorite figure... I like various things about this pose and as many of you know, the slightest thing makes all the difference. Here are the few things that make this pose perfect (for now!) in my mind:

• Chin tipped forward - Took a good bit of pressure but finally the head popped forwards more than usual and looks great
  • Minimal creasing on clothes where legs bent which is very hard to get
  • His left leg with ankle slightly bent to the right and toes pointed
  • His right leg with foot twisted inwards slightly
  • Chest seems to be pushed out just right
  • Cape corner resting on ice to give a nice effect

Heres the photo's guys.. what do you think..?

P1050633.jpg

P1050641.jpg

Also installed lighting in my Detolf's tonight and makes Superman look amazing.. Im so proud of it all.. check it out!!

Cabinet.jpg

Thoughts anyone..?? One of my first posts on this forum... Keep the Supe's thread alive.. its drifting away!!!

Just to add my two cents, this figure is awesome. I bought it on a whim and I am so glad I did. One of my centerpieces.

:clap

I concur.

This figure is magnificent on many levels. I love the fact that HT is donating proceeds of the sale of this figure to the Christopher and Dana Reeve foundation.

The figure is just as much about Chris Reeve as it is about Superman, which HT makes a clever point of with the wonderful "in memory of" insert.

You'll likely never see a more perfect casting of a comic character in a movie than Chris Reeve. The guy not only had the iconic Superman good looks, he was a very smart guy. He was in great shape for the film as well. I'm a married guy and can say this. There will likely never be a better on-screen Superman.

My only question? Why Margot Kidder? YUUCCCKKK! There were way hotter and more talanted "Lois" actresses at the time. I'll never get it.

One of the best HT figures ever made.

Long live Chris Reeve! I'll never forget him as Superman as I saw the movie as a little boy. Then not long after came Raiders and Empire, what a time.

:clap

I concur.

This figure is magnificent on many levels. I love the fact that HT is donating proceeds of the sale of this figure to the Christopher and Dana Reeve foundation.

The figure is just as much about Chris Reeve as it is about Superman, which HT makes a clever point of with the wonderful "in memory of" insert.

You'll likely never see a more perfect casting of a comic character in a movie than Chris Reeve. The guy not only had the iconic Superman good looks, he was a very smart guy. He was in great shape for the film as well. I'm a married guy and can say this. There will likely never be a better on-screen Superman.

My only question? Why Margot Kidder? YUUCCCKKK! There were way hotter and more talanted "Lois" actresses at the time. I'll never get it.

One of the best HT figures ever made.

Long live Chris Reeve! I'll never forget him as Superman as I saw the movie as a little boy. Then not long after came Raiders and Empire, what a time.

I couldn't have said that better myself! I agree with you 100% on everything you said! :clap:exactly:

One of the best HT figure ever made. Anytime.

finally moved all my superman related figures to a new cab

uWbJ4.jpg

Man, those all look so great together. I can't believe I didn't go for the Brando Jor-El figure back when it came out. It should have been an automatic buy for me, but I guess I wasn't really collecting back then like I am today. Maybe someday I'll be able to find one for a decent price. Not likely, but I can always hope...

Man, those all look so great together. I can't believe I didn't go for the Brando Jor-El figure back when it came out. It should have been an automatic buy for me, but I guess I wasn't really collecting back then like I am today. Maybe someday I'll be able to find one for a decent price. Not likely, but I can always hope...
Thanks maybe Hot Toys will reissue it or do a black suit version

Also one of my favorite pieces.
Easily one of Hot Toys best figures ever!

Changed pose since this was taken but anyway... :wink1:

Hottoys%20Superman-5.jpg

I couldn't have said that better myself! I agree with you 100% on everything you said! :clap:exactly:

Thanks ;)

It really was a great time back then. As the years go by, I think we're all starting to realize the times we didn't think were so great actually were!

I love the fact that such artistry went into this figure, you look at it and it transports you back to a more simple time.

BTW, fantastic displays people, everyone's stuff looks really good.

Also one of my favorite pieces.
Easily one of Hot Toys best figures ever!

Changed pose since this was taken but anyway... :wink1:

Hottoys%20Superman-5.jpg

Wow! Nice! The dark lighting makes the figure look like the real thing! :clap

Back