1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Ah it takes a while to achieve a good pose, It's worth the trouble in the end, a poorly fuzted and posed figure looks less life like.

...so if Hot Toys were to do one (and only one) villain from the Reeve films, who would you want?

My first impulse is Zod. Imagine the poses you could pull off with the 2 of those guys!

...but then I think of how Lex played a major role in 3 out of the 4 films, coupled with the fact that Luthor is the quintessential Superman villain, and I find myself wanting a Hackman more.

Then of course there's...uh... Nuclear Man. And Richard Pryor.

So... Lex or Zod?

Sallah

I guess possibly will get a Lex Luthor figure.. Coz i think Hot Toys has the license on the Superman 1 and they didn't announce the Superman 2 license yet. So Probably HT will focus more on the First movie license.

compare-vi.jpg

This is without question, the best hands-on-hips pose yet. Almost makes me want to try it.

This is without question, the best hands-on-hips pose yet. Almost makes me want to try it.

Really beautiful work on the cape too... I am quite envious of the futzing skills! :)

Sallah

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone noticed that some of the S shields are slightly larger on some figures? I just received my replacement from sideshow and the shield is 1/8" wider on the replacement versus the one I originally purchased. I know the difference is minimal, but when I had the two side by side the one appeared to be larger. So I got a ruler and sure enough the new one is wider. Anyone notice this? And why wouldn't they all be the same?

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone noticed that some of the S shields are slightly larger on some figures? I just received my replacement from sideshow and the shield is 1/8" wider on the replacement versus the one I originally purchased. I know the difference is minimal, but when I had the two side by side the one appeared to be larger. So I got a ruler and sure enough the new one is wider. Anyone notice this? And why wouldn't they all be the same?

Maybe to fix crooked shields, made then a little larger to cover up an glue residue. Just a wide guess. :dunno

photo.php

work on that cape dude!:nono

Last edited:

yeah theres been suspicions of this phenomenon. I think I have one of the larger ones. Please put up some good comparison shots as you seem to be the only person with one of each in hand. Is it taller as well as wider?

...so if Hot Toys were to do one (and only one) villain from the Reeve films, who would you want?

My first impulse is Zod. Imagine the poses you could pull off with the 2 of those guys!

...but then I think of how Lex played a major role in 3 out of the 4 films, coupled with the fact that Luthor is the quintessential Superman villain, and I find myself wanting a Hackman more.

Then of course there's...uh... Nuclear Man. And Richard Pryor.

So... Lex or Zod?

Sallah

Gotta be Zod, the best supes villian of all time. Sorry buy Hackman was a piss poor Lex, Kev Spacey was much better, more evil less moronic.

Gotta be Zod, the best supes villian of all time. Sorry buy Hackman was a piss poor Lex, Kev Spacey was much better, more evil less moronic.

What about Dark Superman? After all, he did end up fighting himself.

I bought the Exclusive edition so I could get the necklace. So I have a Reeves Superman MIB minus the necklace for $180 shipped if anyone is interested.

yeah theres been suspicions of this phenomenon. I think I have one of the larger ones. Please put up some good comparison shots as you seem to be the only person with one of each in hand. Is it taller as well as wider?

Not the best pic but hopefully you get the idea.

Here's the 2 side by side. The original is on the left (crooked shield, etc), the replacement on the right...

It might be hard to tell from the above picture, but the shield on the right is larger. The biggest difference is in the width - it's 1/4" wider. The complete measurements are as follows:

Original - top (1 3/8"), center (1 7/8") and vertically (1 1/4")

Replacement - top (1 1/2"), center (2 1/8") and vertically (1 5/16")

I don't think I would've ever noticed the difference without having them standing next to each other.
I'm fine with the slightly larger shield. I'm just curious why its larger. Are they manufactured in different locations maybe?

Here's the 2 side by side. The original is on the left (crooked shield, etc), the replacement on the right...

I have a newer one and I also noticed the newer shield has slightly subdued colors compared to the older one. Your photo shows this well and it is not a difference in lighting.

Back