1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Out of curiousity has anyone tried to make a custom clark? Can't imagine it being difficult or is everyone led to believe hot toys will eventually come out with a separate one?

There is a guy on Ebay selling recasted copies of the Hot Toys sculpt, but with the hair corrected for Clark Kent. I would usually never buy a recast, but I rationalized it by the fact he obviously had to do extra work on it to make it work for Clark. (It also comes with a casted Superman sculpt in case someone wants to make their own.)

Hope to have pics by the weekend.

One of the poses for my Superman.

Picture283-1.jpg

Heres my FOS case I'm just now putting the finishing touches on. I'll put up some more pics with Supes inside later.
FOSFront3small-vi.jpg
FOSleftsmall-vi.jpg
FOSrightsmall-vi.jpg

I have 6 now. My wife got me 3 more at christmas, cause she knows I want to build a full fortress dio!

At the moment they are sitting in a box, someday!

:lol

BREAK THEM OUT and SET THAT FORTRESS UP !!!pics when you do TOO awesome to be in a box......:rock:rock:rock

I had a bit of wire that would stick out on the collar like you and at the very end of the cape. In my case I was able to push it back it enough with a toothpick. The bottom of the cape can be straightened out and you can slowly inch the cloth over to the direction you want. The cape can be made to look natural but it does take time to shape as I discovered.
greenfullsmall-vi.jpg

Great job on the cape! It does look very natural. I'll have to take the time to do the same to mine.

I thought having the core Avengers would be my ideal Hot Toys group display but the World's Finest have them beat hands down. I can just picture Superman hovering behind Batman now. Oh wait, excuse me, i think i may have to change my pants.

If only we could toss in a Linda Carter Wonder Woman with them...

What I do when the wire sticks out of the cloth cape - Try to push as much of the wire onto the cape. Then I hold onto the sticking out part of the wire. Then I bunch up the cloth towards that end, at least double the length of the wire sticking out. When you release your fingers to expose the wire make sure you hold the other end to keep the bunched up part, the cloth will naturally try to straighten out and the wire should just slide back on into the cloth. I use this technique when I want to install a wire inside a cape and has worked fairly well for me.

Ill admit,it's sad to see future plans for their 89'Batman line and HT haven't even showed any signs of doing a Clark Kent:gah:
I want a CK figure so badly!!!

Last edited:

Daughter wanted me to post pics. She wanted Superman coming in for a landing ready to knock someones block off. She did a good job with him.

How hard is it to remove the name plate from the basic stand? Must have been drunk over there when they put it on, it is super crooked.

DSCN1436.jpg

DSCN1611.jpg

the plate comes off easy.. i had to reglue mine

Back