1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

:goodpost: Great pics, Salem! I especially like the Jim Lee style pose.

Great poses SalemCrow. :)

I was just commenting about ankle articulation in the '89 Batman thread, and wanted to comment here as well.

Earlier in this thread (before I had the figure in-hand) I had expressed concern that the ankles would not articulate enough. However as soon as I got the figure I checked and I was thrilled with the boot/ankle design.

For those that haven't futzed with them much, here's what these ankles are capable of:

IMG_1385.jpg

And they hold that position!

They point pretty well too for flying poses:

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Great poses SalemCrow. :)

I was just commenting about ankle articulation in the '89 Batman thread, and wanted to comment here as well.

Earlier in this thread (before I had the figure in-hand) I had expressed concern that the ankles would not articulate enough. However as soon as I got the figure I checked and I was thrilled with the boot/ankle design.

For those that haven't futzed with them much, here's what these ankles are capable of:

IMG_1385.jpg

And they hold that position!

They point pretty well too for flying poses:

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Awesome, mag.
Didn´t try anything like that.
Def gotta give it a try.
:rock

I know the phrase "poop my pants amazing detail" gets used a lot these days, but...

thanks maglor for sharing the ankle articulation. might have to try harder, last i tried doing it, it won't bend (or at least i didnt try for fear of break).

anyone had theirs on a flying pose on the pole? i think the pole's not going to take the weight as it leans. what about the clamp, won't it damage the fabric?

Mine has been held to the pole with the clamp for nearly the whole time I've had him. I know others have expressed concern about it damaging the suit, but I can't imagine it doing more than leaving a faint impression that could be rubbed away. As of now, I see no effect on mine. :dunno

BTW, I'm using the Iron Man stand covered with black rayon. I never like the FOS base.

P1160459.jpg

someone needs to recreate this with the Zod figure.
ht-reeves-thug.jpg

I added another element to my custom stand by way of an emerald green candy dish I saw poking out of someones recycling bin.
"It called to me". Traced and cut out the sheild and glued it to the bottom. In addition to having a nice pattern it enhanches the etching on the S.
greencomparesmall-vi.jpg
greenlightsmall-vi.jpg
greenbasesmall-vi.jpg
greenfullsmall-vi.jpg

just re-ordered my cancled order.............i couldn't stand it..................:gah:

I added another element to my custom stand by way of an emerald green candy dish I saw poking out of someones recycling bin.
"It called to me". Traced and cut out the sheild and glued it to the bottom. In addition to having a nice pattern it enhanches the etching on the S.
greencomparesmall-vi.jpg
greenlightsmall-vi.jpg
greenbasesmall-vi.jpg
greenfullsmall-vi.jpg
amazing stand :clap

Very nice touch with the green.

The 24 day notice on Keaton Bats has me so pumped tonight that I couldn't sleep... Decided to take Supes out for some pics. :)

supes10.jpg

supes3.jpg

supes6.jpg

supes9.jpg

supes7.jpg

supes1.jpg

Sallah

Last edited:

thanks maglor for sharing the ankle articulation. might have to try harder, last i tried doing it, it won't bend (or at least i didnt try for fear of break).

anyone had theirs on a flying pose on the pole? i think the pole's not going to take the weight as it leans. what about the clamp, won't it damage the fabric?

The weight will lean the figure in time coz of the weight, regarding about the clamp, the clamp has a soft material in it so i think it will not damage the fabric.. But be careful handling this figure avoid pointy objects that will scratch the costume (Long Nails) or it will tear off.. :)

I may have missed this but does Superman come with short or long foot pegs?

Here's how I am displaying my Supes, Finally got the time to take some pics.

64550829.jpg

5f8c480b.jpg

f7a5c12b.jpg

Back