1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I also just heard from ssc with a miserable $25.00 partial refund. I am pissed with it, i could just about live with the snags and the s being off but i have a big crease in the costume above the s which is very noticable. I am only taking a full refund. Then i will have to chase the $60.00 customs charge.

Last edited:

Yet the figure is still listed as "In Stock". Does that mean that any future purchases from Sideshow get a defective figure?

Can't answer that, but the figures they had for replacement were opened and inspected and they said they also had suit flaws. Also, they said they have no replacement suits available. So, for those of us with minor snags all they can offer is a credit. If your figure has major flaws like cape wire problems, etc they would replace the figure for you I'm sure.

Best to contact SSC returns directly.

Can't answer that, but the figures they had for replacement were opened and inspected and they said they also had suit flaws. Also, they said they have no replacement suits available.

I used the online form last week, and haven't heard anything yet. It's not the 7 business days yet, so I'll give them that before I bother them again.

Can't answer that, but the figures they had for replacement were opened and inspected and they said they also had suit flaws. Also, they said they have no replacement suits available. So, for those of us with minor snags all they can offer is a credit. If your figure has major flaws like cape wire problems, etc they would replace the figure for you I'm sure.

I hate to be a pest, but can you compile a list of shots of these suit snags so I can see what you're talking about? Should I be concerned?

I hate to be a pest, but can you compile a list of shots of these suit snags so I can see what you're talking about? Should I be concerned?

No. :lol

But you can search the thread for snag pics like I did. :D

Hey guys I hada fellow freak ask advice on dull coat and thought I'd offer some helpful advice to those with shiny spots who are not so familiar with customizing etc.

DULLCOAT TO FIX SHINY SPOTS ON HEAD

Testors dulcoat in spray format is best to use,

https://mfpilot.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=40_65_68&products_id=238

a few precautions... Make sure you shake the can well before spraying, these cans can sometimes be finicky and a weird mixture. 9/10 work great but every once in awhile... It's best to spray a random piece of plastic, an old toy, snapple bottle, whatever to test it first. it should dry almost immediately and there should be no glare or gloss whatsoever. If its completely flat its a good can and you can spray the head.

Hot toys heads take dull coat extremely well. But to ensure you don't mess up the gloss finish of the eyes and spray more than you need to its best to take regular masking tape and tape up all but a little larger than the area of the head that's got the marks. Especially cover up the parts you don't want affected like the eyes etc. Then you hit the exposed area with the dullcoat. don't douse it in it a light mist spray at least 8 inches away from the head. wait for it to dry, it should happen fast. Then if the spot is still there a bit its OK to hit it again. don't hit it more than three times because it might start to glob up, the trick is to keep it thin.

I'm willing to bet that when you take off that tape you would have a hell of a hard time trying to figure out what part was sprayed by dull coat and what was not. it's incredibly seamless on hot toys heads, must be the type of plastic they use, its great.

As for the neck, that's a complicated one... dullcoat will coat rubber no problem but the problem is that when the rubber bends the dull coat will flake white. So when you tilt his neck it will most likely crack. In this case you might want to try a paint on dull coat lauquer, acrylic base.

https://www.testors.com/product/136011/1160X/_/Dullcote_Lacquer

It tends not to be so flat as the spray but it also has more flexibility. and if you just lightly cover the two gloss areas on the neck, it will dull it a bit and be minimal enough not to flake, rub or crack when you pose him.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Ray

AND

GOD DAMN :(

Looks like the majority of us are in QC Hell. HT dropping the ball strikes again :(

This is unacceptable. And their arguable best figure to date too. Things need to change here...

No. :lol

But you can search the thread for snag pics like I did. :D

That's why I said I didn't want to be a pita. I don't have the time to dig through right now. :monkey3

Wouldnt the 89 Bats be a closer match? First generation movie figures and all.

Man of Steel (if one is done) would pair up nice with the Bale Batmans

DiFabio is correct. I can't wait till the '89 Batman. But for right now the Batman Begins will be a nice stand in.

I'm sorry for you guys that are having QC issues. Now I am worried about the Batman figures coming out next spring. Do you guys think Hot Toys will issue a statement considering all the QC issues they have had recently. I remember when DCD and Mattel made statements back in the day when collectors were having all kinds of issues.

Anyways here are some of my crappy pics.

100_1221.jpg

100_1217.jpg

Oh and I finally have a nice place to display Raya's crystal from Smallville.

100_1224.jpg

Last edited:

I had planned to do a custom of this in Donner Cut style- simple white shirt & black pants but due to the muscle body I'm struggling to find a suitable outfit-
I had consulted a fellow freak about using the T-1000 cop shoes & pants but he's convinced they will be small and I reckon he's right..

Any ideas from more fellow freaks would be welcome!!

They didn't tell you that's perspiration like the Batman figures re: shiny spot on head?

That dulcoat will look fine on the Christian Bale head too? It's a shame we're paying pretty good dollar for this stuff, and with all the Hot Toys ____ riding, they still push out stuff with defects like this.

AND

GOD DAMN :(

Looks like the majority of us are in QC Hell. HT dropping the ball strikes again :(

This is unacceptable. And their arguable best figure to date too. Things need to change here...

Majority? I would say the great majority of these were just fine.

Use Thor or odins shoes. I have a pair of Odin ones. They are larger.

Come on AE, hurry the ____ up and ship my Superman. :impatient:

Finally got my shipping notice from AE. Last time I order something this important from them. If ours our defective, we are going to be sh__t out of luck since they get theirs from Sideshow. They took their sweet time getting these out. Normally I order from BBTS and changed to AE this time. Stupid move on my part since I would have gotten mine from BBTS probably this week.

Majority? I would say the great majority of these were just fine.

SSC not being able to offer replacements is a bit odd though. Maybe people are being overly OC about really small flaws and SSC can't reasonably accommodate replacements for nitpicked figures - or SSC have a bunch of poorly QC'd figs at their place?

All I know is my paint app is perfect, the suit is perfect and the logo perfectly applied.

Maybe someone should start a poll just so we can get a sense of proportion?

Finally got my shipping notice from AE. Last time I order something this important from them. If ours our defective, we are going to be sh__t out of luck since they get theirs from Sideshow. They took their sweet time getting these out. Normally I order from BBTS and changed to AE this time. Stupid move on my part since I would have gotten mine from BBTS probably this week.

Yeah I got my shipping notice too. AE used to be really fast when it came to shipping but lately they've been just as slow as BBTS. I might start going with CSC or BBTS in the future.

Anyone not suprised this didnt sell out already?

Or is hot toys just ramping up the number of molds made that sell outs wont happen really anymore

Ive had my HT Jor El sealed now for 2 years awaiting this moment. Anyone have pics of them both?

Back