1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Got mine today as well. Really a superb figure. It's really impressive how they pulled the outfit off. Its nice to have Supes represented in the collection finally.

I finally got to check Superman out last night after my daughter went to bed, she kept snoopin around asking what UPS brought.

Everything with him is fine, EXCEPT, I dont know who packed the calendars SS or HT but the tissue paper was ripped and the blue banner across the box got all crunched up.

Got my supes got here and everything is good except the stitching is come apart on his suit on the left wrist. Oh well....

My ex superman came today he is cool everything looks great on him.The detail is incredable like everyone said the pictures dont do him justice.

Mine also came with the calendar this is my first time buying from sideshow's website.

OK I admit im not a Superman fan but I figured id get this for the heck of it.

I am really impressed with how this came out and the presentation.

Especially after received two broken toy fair bruce wayne figures I needed Hot Toys to deliver.

I got a calender and about trashed it but the Joker month is cool.

Its kind of janky Sideshow is offering free shipping on the non-exclusive now.

I will be getting a second regular version I made a trade with a fellow board member but didn't want to pay Cornerstore Comics cancellation fee so if anyone wants a regular it will arrive the 28th (which seems like a hell of a long time to ship, 10 days? I guess Thanksgiving is in there but that only should delay it like a day) Either way, send me a PM if you want it. I will charge what I paid for it.

I will be getting a second regular version I made a trade with a fellow board member but didn't want to pay Cornerstore Comics cancellation fee so if anyone wants a regular it will arrive the 28th (which seems like a hell of a long time to ship, 10 days? I guess Thanksgiving is in there but that only should delay it like a day) Either way, send me a PM if you want it. I will charge what I paid for it.

I just ordered from Cornerstore comics for my second version as I have an exclusive. :lol

My ex superman came today he is cool everything looks great on him.The detail is incredable like everyone said the pictures dont do him justice.

Mine also came with the calendar this is my first time buying from sideshow's website.

We must have been one of the early pre-orders then... I just wish the calendar focused more on Hot toys... I collect sideshows GI JOE's so that was a nice tribute to see.... or is SS trying to convert me into a statue collector... hmmmmmmm

OK I admit im not a Superman fan but I figured id get this for the heck of it.

I am really impressed with how this came out and the presentation.

Especially after received two broken toy fair bruce wayne figures I needed Hot Toys to deliver.

I got a calender and about trashed it but the Joker month is cool.

Its kind of janky Sideshow is offering free shipping on the non-exclusive now.

They always had free shipping on the regular.

I got my exclusive today too with a calender! I had to run to post office to drop off a package! when I got home it was at my door! I thought I would have to sign? Anyway my wife stopped at LOWES and picked up 2 new shelves for me! One for sups and one for my iron man mark VI thats on the way! I traded my Indy for the mark VI so I am hoping they do a DC of sups and Indy! If they get the eyes right! I did think this figure was a little over priced! I know it was for a good cause! SO that makes me feel better about it. We need some more figures from that line! maybe a Zod or JOR-EL.

even though I had it since Wednesday, I finally had time to open it up and fully enjoy the unboxing and I just have to say WOW!!!

1) I was totally not expecting the box to be THAT big. The box itself is amazing!

and then..

2) the realism is incredible. I've got many HT and the paint apps on this guy blow all of my other figs out of the water. To me, the paint apps look even better than that of my most recent HT, the Toy Fairs Bruce Wayne head.

After seeing so many pics, I honestly thought there wouldn't be much to enjoy but like it's been said many times and many ways, pics do not do it justice. the neck even has nice detail .

I have no shiny forehead or crooked/uncentered S shield and all the crystals fit perfectly. He really puts the rest of my figures to shame at the moment especially HT 2-in-1 SR Superman. I don't even think the DX Jack Sparrow can top this (which I do have on PO) it's just that good.

Any idea when BBTS is shipping?

SnakeDoc

Help please. Is the boot easy to pull off? I need to fix the seam on the left leg it's not straight. Once the boot is off. Will it be hard to keep the blue leggings inside the boot as I reinstall the boots? Any tips or tricks.

Help please. Is the boot easy to pull off? I need to fix the seam on the left leg it's not straight. Once the boot is off. Will it be hard to keep the blue leggings inside the boot as I reinstall the boots? Any tips or tricks.
I remember reading somewhere the fabric doesn't run down the entire leg to avoid that potential problem. i could be wrong though :cuckoo:

I just ordered from Cornerstore comics for my second version as I have an exclusive. :lol

:lol Yeah they have really good service. A little slow to ship this time but the guy said they had 250 preorders to get through.. Wanted this before Thanksgiving to show off to my brother who can't afford it :yess:

:lol Yeah they have really good service. A little slow to ship this time but the guy said they had 250 preorders to get through.. Wanted this before Thanksgiving to show off to my brother who can't afford it :yess:
You're cruel! :thwak
:lol

007.jpg

Finaly a new hovering pose! :rock :rock :rock

Well done OS! Very creative! :clap

Also, this is laterally the first time I've liked the crystal base. I think it's because you have it a little more next to him instead of behind him. Just a killer set-up you got there.

How Far We Have Come.

P1160400.jpg

P1160399.jpg

Damn. That's not how I remember that figure. Trying to get that back in 87 - 89 was nigh impossible. I gave up trying to find it. Funny how you end up with something just so speechless in 2011.

Back