1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

08111134.jpg

Wtf is going on in this pic?

Is it possible to put the Reeve sculpt on the routh costume?

:lol Well I was just wondering cause I do prefer the longer cape. when first saw the movie I remember thinking "What happen to Supes cape, did it shrink the dryer? The same thing happen to my cape "

Why would anyone want to put the Reeve head sculpt on the Routh body? Reeve's Superman outfit was made for him, and him only. Just like director Bryan Singer approved the Superman outfit for Brandon Routh. It fit him. I never thought that Reeve's cape was too short. It was the only Superman suit cape we saw in his four movies, until Superman Returns came out in 2006. Christopher Reeve's Superman is perfect to me in every way. My ultimate vision of what Superman should be like, and look like. That's my "two cents". :)

[/I]

:thud:

Stunning.

haven't been a fan of this fig, since i saw it, but with this shot, i'm totally amazed. Wow! With the right lightening and photo-skills this looks so damn real! Perfect picture!

WTF??!! Is this figure in black and white, like a symbiote Superman? Where can have this please?

What a beautiful portrait of C. Reeve! :clap

Great shot aeumuse. :hi5:

Totally!

Requires a repost. :rock

Thanks again gentlemen & glad you all enjoy the shots, I appreciate the comments greatly. :wave

That toy's a miracle! I just checked out MWC's review and some of the pics here.

https://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_110411a.htm

THIS shows what I was talking about when I was one of the few to loudly criticize the likeness on the original prototype. If there wasn't anything wrong with the prototype, then how did the production piece come out looking SO much better? The new likeness looks SPECTACULAR! As a HUGE Christopher Reeve Superman movie fan and someone who's watched the first two movies probably hundreds of times, I am thrilled beyond belief with the end result.

The figure no longer looks like a mixed-race "wasian!" Perhaps a lot of this can be attributed to improved paint apps on the skin, eyes and eyebrows. He certainly looks much less pale now. The eyes look rounder and bigger, and there are more whites behind the eyeballs. I can't quite tell if that is due to coloring or a sculpt change. But in the long shots of the old likeness, his eyes seem to be reduced to black pinpoints. In the new shots, you can see the big, wide-eyed character of Reeve's likeness in the eyes even from a distance. And the eyebrows don't appear to be as slanted.

It almost looks like the whole head has become wider. I know there have been some figures where the head became wider in production than in the prototype, and the final result ended up looking much worse than the prototype. I almost wonder if Hot Toys intentionally planned for the mold to slightly widen their sculpt, and actually sculpted the prototype to have a narrower head than Reeve really did, so that whatever happens in the molding process would "adjust" it to a wider length.

Anyway, however it happened, what they ended up delivering is a masterpiece. It's the best-looking 12" figure of the year and will become a defining centerpiece in my collection. Hot Toys knocked this one out of the park.

Yes, it's a BIG improvement from these prototype shots, which made this likeness look far worse than the one on the new Indiana Jones figure.

5781379198_61b4ba2415.jpg

5780830747_46fd12a55d.jpg

I'm curious about this one too.:rotfl:rotfl

Isn't that the same move Herman Cain tried?

Yup, it's good! Kidder made Lois believable to me, she did that good of a job. (Sure the lyrics are corny, but they are coming from a chick..That needs to be taken into account)

Definitely agree. The flying scene is one of the best sequences in the movie. Superman and Lois are my favorite onscreen couple and by far the most powerful romance I've ever seen in a movie. I don't like romantic movies very often, but from the moment Superman caught that bullet and the John Williams love theme played for the first time, I believed in them as a screen couple and rooted for them every second they were together. I rarely notice romantic "chemistry" in onscreen couples. But Chris and Margot projected it like no other pair I've ever seen. The complicated logic of whether they make sense as a couple becomes totally irrelevant, because they make you believe there is an absolute inevitability to them becoming a couple.

I love the lyrics of the "poem," and I'm extremely glad Margot Kidder was unable to sing it and they had her recite it instead. The version sung by professional singers and released commercially sounds great, but to have Margot recite it makes it seem like we're hearing her thoughts, which fits right in with the comic book theme. And of course that dovetails beautifully with the whole "can you read my mind" theme of the song. My only quibble is that she flubbed the line "you belong to the sky" and said "you belong in the sky" instead. The former sounds so much more poetic.

When listening to the soundtrack (for the 5,000th time or so), I do prefer to listen to the version without the words. I don't like to hear dialogue intermixed with a musical score on a soundtrack. Luckily the must-have expanded versions of the score offer the lyric-less alternative.

Has anyone posted any pics of the new figure with the Hot Toys Jor-El or the Matty Zod and Luthor yet?

I don't think these have been posted

231-3.jpg

065-9.jpg

095-7.jpg

119-9.jpg

121-8.jpg

205-3.jpg

331.jpg

318-1.jpg
160-4.jpg

I just received this figure this morning. I don't think I've ever been as excited to open a figure before. He looks just as awesome in person as he does in all the pics.

Unfortunately mine had a shiny gloss spot on his neck. I have a second one on order from sideshow, so hopefully that one is fault free.

This figure definitely washes away the disappointment of Indy.

Next week I should be receiving Jack Sparrow DX

I wonder if he will surpass Supes, it will be a tall order.

Everytine I see a new pic of this guy I'm blown away.

Back