1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Head's off

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Head's snapped back on

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

No marks, Now don't go hog wild on twisting the head on and off, but have faith in this beautifully crafted figure from HT. Hope this makes you feel better about it
Thank you...you went above and beyond my expectations for an answer :1-1:

I'll be damned. Looks like the same headsculpt in guyver1's post - second from the right.

I believe it is too. That is too funny. The high gloss paint scheme was well before it's time. HT's now calls that perspiration:rotfl

It really shows the talent it takes to make an accurate 1/6 sculpt.

I had a weird thing happen with my Blu-Set for some reason none of the discs have no writing on them. Anyone else get that?

Exactly what do you mean by no writing. Please discuss :dunno

Just got the blu-ray set myself from Amazon for $55 and didn't notice that when looked at the discs.

I had a weird thing happen with my Blu-Set for some reason none of the discs have no writing on them. Anyone else get that?

You're not confusing DVDs with books are you?

Waiting for this figure to arrive sucks, but the piece of mind knowing that I will own one soon is tiding me over.

Really hope that HT is all over making Clark.

From HT FB page.

Hmm. What's this?:monkey5

385244_10150348607497344_58690437343_8468296_874247267_n.jpg

Old news but still very cool to look at.

It maybe old news but never tiring news. I'd rather see it reposted than not posted at all :)

Wow! I had no idea the suite had gone this far. And when you add in the Spawn issue I can now understand why DC wants the new 52 to succeed so badly.

Only the New 52 doesn't change Superman enough to avoid lawsuit. While his costuming has changed and all of those elements would be protected the story being told with characters used are primarily the family's. They didn't bother to change it enough.

Has anyone received an email from Sideshow order?

The last email I received was back on October 18th saying 27 days. The thing is it's always been business days for SSC. So considering that and the day off for Veteran's Day and the fact that SSC is usually closed for Thanksgiving and the day after I wouldn't expect shipment notices until November 29th at the earliest.

Only the New 52 doesn't change Superman enough to avoid lawsuit. While his costuming has changed and all of those elements would be protected the story being told with characters used are primarily the family's. They didn't bother to change it enough.

It doesn't matter if DC changes a lot or a little. There will be more lawsuits.

I've often thought this might be a case of "be careful what you wish for". The Siegal and Shuster families probably could begin publishing a Superman title under a new label next year - BUT - watch how often DC begins to counter-sue them over ever tiny detail.

Look at James Bond Thunderball for an example. It was made twice as Thunderball and then Never Say Never Again. Sony tried to remake it again a few years back as Warhead 2000 AD. The more they strayed from Thunderball's story the easier it became for EON to get an injunction against Sony. The more the Siegals and Shusters stray from issue 1 of Superman, the easier it is for DC to pounce.

As goes Superman so goes a dozen other major characters in the near future. Consider Wonder Woman. If "New 52" is really a strategy to retain Superman it may backfire for WW. It is believed the agreement between DC and the family of William Moulton Marston says DC must publish WW every month or the rights go back to the family. Over the years when WW has been without a monthly series she always appears in another periodical, if only for a single panel.

If DC goes to court with the Siegals and Shusters and states the New 52 is not the same as the old characters they may be giving away Wonder Woman.

In my mind Jerry and Joe (and many other creators) were screwed royally by the comic industry over the years. From a creator rights POV I completely understand their cause. But it's not the best thing for the characters.

There will be fallout, no matter what.

Last edited:

%252B%252BP1090948%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252B%252BP1090995%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252B%252BP1090988%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252B%252BP1090984%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

Definitely in a class of its own, well done HT :clap

Back