1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

the more I see the pics coming, the more time seems to slow down!!! :(

I WANT MY SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your are so right. I am enjoying my superman customs but still the anticipation is killing me. One more month!!

This figure turned out amazing. I'm happy to see from the pics posted that the likeness looks so good and the new body has the proper height and can achieve the heroic poses.

One of the nice details about this is the smooth transition at the hairline of the head sculpt to the neck.

It also shows how much HT doesn't give a _____ about the Indy figure. It's totally opposite & one of the worst by HT.

Agreed 100%

the more I see the pics coming, the more time seems to slow down!!! :(

I WANT MY SUPERMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain ,i paid the same guy as you on wednesday ,and tracking is still showing "forwarded for export "so as far as i can see its still in hong kong:impatient: ,hows your moveing ,i paid for EMS to the uk ,normally it at least in uk customs by now ,oh well please keep the pictures comeing :) cheers chris:)

I know a lot about Superman the movie, directed by Richard Donner. I actually wrote a thesis on that film two years ago, because my grandfather WORKED in the FX of that film. I´m not saying this is not a good figure, it is amazing and beautiful, and it is a must for Superman fans, I´m just saying that to me it does not look like Reeve, it is just what I think. Look at the pics. But still, and again, it is a great and beautiful figure.

No you didn't and no he didn't.

Well, so far, it seems our status is approximately the same. I've just checked and it says: "The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 15-Oct-2011". However I didn't select EMS as in France, it is an almost sure way to have to pay custom fees. Regular shipping is more likely to slip through, but it takes more time.

So far, the schedules goes according to my calculation. Chances are it won't be processed by customs before Monday. There, I give it another two days before it's in the hands of the French post, one more day to bring it to its final post office and delivery the next day... that is if customs aren't a pain in the ass!

So best guess: Thursday or Friday, and if customs flash it, nothing before Monday! :gah:

I feel your pain ,i paid the same guy as you on wednesday ,and tracking is still showing "forwarded for export "so as far as i can see its still in hong kong:impatient: ,hows your moveing ,i paid for EMS to the uk ,normally it at least in uk customs by now ,oh well please keep the pictures comeing :) cheers chris:)

I know a lot about Superman the movie, directed by Richard Donner. I actually wrote a thesis on that film two years ago, because my grandfather WORKED in the FX of that film. I´m not saying this is not a good figure, it is amazing and beautiful, and it is a must for Superman fans, I´m just saying that to me it does not look like Reeve, it is just what I think. Look at the pics. But still, and again, it is a great and beautiful figure.
picture.php

did your thesis work mention anything about botox and when he had his first haricut? my offer for the eye doctor still stands dude

did your thesis work mention anything about botox and when he had his first haricut? my offer for the eye doctor still stands dude

Dude looks like a lady.

Mephisfilms
midnight girl

He is comparing an older Reeve from Superman III or IV with how he looked in Superman I and II. The sculpt is spot on with how he looks below.

christopher-reeve-20060726-147697.jpg

Can't wait to get mine :) Hopefully next month! One of HT's Great Work!!!

Anyone got plans on trying to rig LED lights in the base? From what I can see it looks possible, but I'd want to try it on a second base if I did it. I wouldn't want to mess up and not have a good base afterwards.

He is comparing an older Reeve from Superman III or IV with how he looked in Superman I and II. The sculpt is spot on with how he looks below.

The comparison pic IS from Superman The Movie. It comes from the Helicopter Rescue scene and was published in numerous magazine articles about the movie. Get your facts right.

The filming of the movie took a long time and Reeve was training throughout. His look changed alot and he looks different in different photos.

When he was training with David Prowse he got bigger but not 'fuller'. (Think of when he crashes the door on Luthor's lair - strong but lean look.) Then he had his super prima-donna dummy spit, booted Prowse (never spoke to him again) and got a new trainer who changed his diet and training program.

From what I've read by different artists he is a really tough likeness to nail.

I'm happy with the likeness. If somebody else can't see Reeve in the figure - so be it. To each their own.

Anyone got plans on trying to rig LED lights in the base? From what I can see it looks possible, but I'd want to try it on a second base if I did it. I wouldn't want to mess up and not have a good base afterwards.

Sounds like a cool idea. I'll wait to see what you come up with before I even try to customize mine.

Guys, it don't look like CR at all. The only way we can get back at HT is to

/cancel

DSCF4498.jpg

wow you fooled me here thought for a moment that this pic was a shot from the films... Damn ht did a fantastic job!

christopher-reeve-20060726-147697.jpg

:lecture

I agree. The HT sculpt is spot on compared to that mug shot.

Cool idea! I bet it wouldn't be too dificult to add some little lights to it.

This is the greatest figure ever made by HT...

Until the next one that we'll proclaim the best ever made by HT. :D

Serioiusly, this is one figure I've wanted and need right now...cant wait till it ships. The pics are driving me nuts.

Back