1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Guys, it don't look like CR at all. The only way we can get back at HT is to

/cancel

DSCF4498.jpg

Did Devil type something? He is on ignore.

Did Devil type something? He is on ignore.

Nothing of importance.

Just making a mess of the place, as usual.

I would put him on ignore too, but then it only be Nam reading his posts, and thats just kinda sad :(

I know a lot about Superman the movie, directed by Richard Donner. I actually wrote a thesis on that film two years ago, because my grandfather WORKED in the FX of that film. I´m not saying this is not a good figure, it is amazing and beautiful, and it is a must for Superman fans, I´m just saying that to me it does not look like Reeve, it is just what I think.
picture.php

Superman2965CoolStory.jpg

:lol

You guys are ridiculous. Why is the fact that the sculpt could be closer to Reeve making you defensive? The figure is awesome, and the fact that it isn't identical to the man does not matter. At all.

Wait, people are starting to argue about a near-perfect figure? This forum is like the online equivalent of Glasgow.

Unless I've missed it - there hasn't been much said about the fortress or the exclusive krypton chain that comes with the figure.

Are they any good?

camac21 said:
pics by OldCat

Great Pics. Really shows how good the head sculpt/likeness is.

Logo/Decal looks a little high on the costume???

You're right, the logo is way too high in these pics. Is the production variation really going to be that bad for this?? Now I'm really worried that mine will be the same... :(

DSCF4498.jpg

Can someone take a pic of this museum quality Superman figure standing next to a HT Batman?

I know a lot about Superman the movie, directed by Richard Donner. I actually wrote a thesis on that film two years ago, because my grandfather WORKED in the FX of that film. I´m not saying this is not a good figure, it is amazing and beautiful, and it is a must for Superman fans, I´m just saying that to me it does not look like Reeve, it is just what I think. Look at the pics. But still, and again, it is a great and beautiful figure.
picture.php

The picture you have in comparison is of an older Reeve than this sculpt was capturing Superman III/IV perhaps. This sculpt is of a much younger one, as he looked when filming began for the first film. His face is rounder back then.

christopher-reeve-20060726-147697.jpg

^^^^^ Excellent!

That first pic of supes strutting is f'ing cool.

One of the nice details about this is the smooth transition at the hairline of the head sculpt to the neck.

It also shows how much HT doesn't give a _____ about the Indy figure. It's totally opposite & one of the worst by HT.

Back