1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

We should have him in December as he comes out in November. See the link below my sig.

Also im buggered if im cancelling mine i cant wait to get him :)

Wow that list really helps plan things out, thanks dude! :)

No matter how much people have on, I am staggered they would cancel this. :monkey1

No matter how much people have on, I am staggered they would cancel this. :monkey1

I'm not. I'm just tired of the bull____ "critique" they have to fabricate to justify doing so. Is it too hard to say, "Canceled this 'cause I'm broke?" :monkey1

I agree this is an awesome fig, and based on how great spidey's suit looked the suit is gonna look amazing in hand as well...and btw your sig pic is awesome.

I agree this is an awesome fig, and based on how great spidey's suit looked the suit is gonna look amazing in hand as well...and btw your sig pic is awesome.

Agreed on all accounts.

Cheers! So is yours. :lol

Hey, do you guys think that this will be a one-off figure, like Blade or Wolverine? Or will Hot Toys release other versions?

I'm contemplating whether to get this, but with so many other pre-orders I might have to let it go.

Hey, do you guys think that this will be a one-off figure, like Blade or Wolverine? Or will Hot Toys release other versions?

I'm contemplating whether to get this, but with so many other pre-orders I might have to let it go.

Don't count on this getting a remake, other than a "Drunk Superman", there's not much else to do from this character.

Iron man and Batman can have different armours and Battle-damaged versions of them so there are far more options for different versions.

My Advice: BUY IT NOW AND NEVER LET IT GO!!!!!

Hi all,

Newbie alert! (Well, you've got to start somewhere, right? :D )

I pre-ordered this Superman figure when it first went on sale. I've never bought a Hot Toy's figure before, but a friend tells me they're fantastic and judging by the Iron Man one I saw at a convention a few months ago I'm expecting great things from this Supes.

Now I've gushed about it, I wonder if anyone knows when it's going to ship? I know the main page says November, but does anyone have a more specific date? Beginning of November? End of November? Just need to try and get the money together. Knowing the date this is likely to ship will decide whether or not I can afford the Matty Ghost Trap next month! :D

Cheers!
Ex

well if it comes out in Japan in november, it's usually about a month til it comes out in the US. we never really know until we get either a notice from SS or it says it in the newsletter in the "coming in the next 30 days" section

Don't count on this getting a remake, other than a "Drunk Superman", there's not much else to do from this character.

Iron man and Batman can have different armours and Battle-damaged versions of them so there are far more options for different versions.

My Advice: BUY IT NOW AND NEVER LET IT GO!!!!!

:exactly: :lecture :exactly: :lecture

They could still do a Clark/Supes DX or something that would need at least one new head sculpt. Thats about it though

I'm not. I'm just tired of the bull____ "critique" they have to fabricate to justify doing so. Is it too hard to say, "Canceled this 'cause I'm broke?" :monkey1

:exactly::exactly:

People have already been canceling the Shadow Predator, because they thought it would be a "very limited" Exclusive that could be flipped. Now there getting buyers remorse and the figure still won't be available for over a month. Personally I'm buying Supes and The Shadow Pred 'cause I like 'em.

Hi all,

Newbie alert! (Well, you've got to start somewhere, right? :D )

I pre-ordered this Superman figure when it first went on sale. I've never bought a Hot Toy's figure before, but a friend tells me they're fantastic and judging by the Iron Man one I saw at a convention a few months ago I'm expecting great things from this Supes.

Now I've gushed about it, I wonder if anyone knows when it's going to ship? I know the main page says November, but does anyone have a more specific date? Beginning of November? End of November? Just need to try and get the money together. Knowing the date this is likely to ship will decide whether or not I can afford the Matty Ghost Trap next month! :D

Cheers!
Ex

Welcome.
If you stay in this hobby, one thing you will learn is the dates are extremely vague. Some release on the months indicated and other are before and mostly late. Especially from hot toys. Also depending on where you purchased the figure, ship dates can be as different as a week or even months. Locking down ship dates is nearly impossible especially on something that is months out. This why some, including myself haunt these boards to see when figures are releasing in china, so that we can guesstimate when they will cross the water.

:exactly::exactly:

People have already been canceling the Shadow Predator, because they thought it would be a "very limited" Exclusive that could be flipped. Now there getting buyers remorse and the figure still won't be available for over a month. Personally I'm buying Supes and The Shadow Pred 'cause I like 'em.

Same here, i hot both of these on order to have and keep, not as an investmest or thing to be sold to profite from.

This is my most anticipated figure. Even more than 89 Bats and the 89 Joker. No way I will ever cancel this.

This is my most anticipated figure. Even more than 89 Bats and the 89 Joker. No way I will ever cancel this.

Same here. I'm not a big Christopher Reeve fan, but I am a comic book collector, and this figure is the one that I've been waiting for this entire year. I really believe that this figure is one of the most definitive releases in the history of 1/6 collecting. Anyone who passes up on Superman is going to be really sorry later on (especially if Hot Toys never makes another Reeve). If you need to cancel something, cancel anything else but this.

Last edited:

They could do supes from the comics maybe.

Different licensing. HT has a Superman movie license. This does not extend into different interpretations of the character. They can (and have) produced Reeve, Routh, and presumably have the right to do a Cavill Supes.

I'd love to see HT make a George Reeves Superman. I watched old re-runs of "Adventures.." every Saturday as a kid in the early 70's. He was the first Superman to me.

Back