1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I just pre-ordered my exclusive Ive been without a computer for a few days and just found out yesterday about him.I cant wait to see him in person after all these years a figure of my favorite superman.:)

Billy

Hi, I'm new on here but live in the UK and wondered if anyone else has used a UK company called One Sixth Bruce to order from? If you have, are they any good and are they more expensive than ordering from somewhere like Big Bad Toy Store?

Hi, I'm from the UK too and use OSB, they are an excellent company and their packaging is great so your figure will get to you safely. They charge great prices to. :yess:

Agree. Quite a few people on here from the UK use One Sixth Bruce (myself included) and they're great. They have the layaway option too which is handy, package things so they could withstand a nuclear blast (well, almost :lol) and have pretty good prices.

I seldom use the term "must buy" for obvious reasons, but in this case, I think it's appropriate. Even if you're not a big superman fan, if you're a 1/6 scale collector, I guess Reeve as superman should be in your collection.

So I bit the bullet and ordered the Ex. a couple of minutes ago. Really not happy about the $210 price tag, but with the donation an all, I can live with it. The thing that still bugs me though, is the shipping policy on this. It's pretty sick that there's free shipping for the US and a discount on the regular for international shipping, whereas everybody that does an extra effort by ordering the exclusive has to pay full shipping price.
I guess, since this is DC, it's widely available from other retailers, and so the free shipping on the reg. is probably meant as an extra encouragement for people to order from SSC, and not go to an other reseller and get this. Understandable. But still.
Well, my reward points are well spend! Only paying the shipping (and the inevitable EU taxes) for my supes.

If you think thats bad, come over to the UK.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/73303-superman-the-movie-deluxe-action-figure/

£200 = $328 + £7 - £10 = $11 - $16 shipping.

Erm... RRP £269.99?... $444, I think not.

Yeah, I live in Europe, I know exactly what the situation is. You should try to buy from Belgian or Dutch sellers... Or try OSB in the UK. Great guy! You get resonable prises from them most of the time.

I always bought from SSC in the past, until they closed the EU warehouse in the UK. Since then, you find a lot of the things they offer cheaper in Europe or Japan, if you look around. But... if you want their Exclusives you have only one choice: buy from them. Which means $25-40 shipping, plus $15 FedEx handling fee plus %21 TAX. OUCH.

thats typical FP though really, makes me chuckle cos it says 'expected to be at our warehouse 15th November 2011' should also say ' we expect it to stay there until we lower the price'.

It's a real shame that the kryptonite necklace wasn't included as a standard item. Still I'm sure that if anyone really wants one they'll either buy the exclusive or make one them selves.( or buy one from some enterprising young customiser...)

Definately on my to have list. I've loved the character forever and Christopher Reeve's portrayal has always been my favourite.

thats typical FP though really, makes me chuckle cos it says 'expected to be at our warehouse 15th November 2011' should also say ' we expect it to stay there until we lower the price'.

Aint that the truth ! :lol

its stupid though the FP near me still has an original HT Joker trying to sell it for £200......best of luck with that !!! :wink1:

Not sure if these have been posted yet:

253680_10150209430357825_171015147824_7109354_4518022_n.jpg

247825_10150209430607825_171015147824_7109359_5744826_n.jpg

251107_10150209430517825_171015147824_7109358_6717608_n.jpg

From Toy Hunters FB

M.

Last edited:

Thank God it comes with the standard stand. I love the Fortress base but spacewise it would have been a _____ to get on the shelf.

Thank God it comes with the standard stand. I love the Fortress base but spacewise it would have been a _____ to get on the shelf.

this deserves a shelf on its own, its just such an accurate headsculpt and body this is such a grail for so many fans out there. All the talk on here has made me watch all 4 films with Reeve (promise i nearly put an S on the end) and has made me remember what it was like to watch them as a child....awesome !!!!

I really hope he comes with a Background like that, it'd look a lot better than my wall. :lol

I really hope he comes with a Background like that, it'd look a lot better than my wall. :lol

yeah i hope so to , reckon it might just be for exhibition although Breakers Revenge did say that it comes in 3 packages so maybe we could be in for a similar kind of display.... I HOPE SO!! will look so awesome , worth clearing the DK figures out of the cabinet for as well..

Back