1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I bet Nicholson's Joker will be a very popular discussion. Much more so than Keaton's figure. Especially if Nicholson's likeness is not 100%, the toys will fly out of the pram

Most definitely.

I shudder at even the thought of the chaos that will ensue.

Dunno if this is a joke or not, but to answer the question, Lex has a piece of Kryptonite on a chain which he puts over Superman in the film, its been awhile since Ive watched the original movie as well, I think Superman falls into a pool with it on as well.
No, actually I was being sincere.
I honestly can't remember that scene.

Thanks for the response.

Ordered the ex. through SSC. I gotta have the Kryptonite necklace. This is such an iconic character.

Probably CSC. At $188 plus shipping.

Thanks, so about $22 for the necklace plus earning reward points. I think it's worth the extra for it. I could imagine the exclusive necklace going for way more on eBay.

Thanks, so about $22 for the necklace plus earning reward points. I think it's worth the extra for it. I could imagine the exclusive necklace going for way more on eBay.

I figure the kryptonite could easily sell around $50-$60 alone. So yeah I think its worth ordering from SS on this one.

Always smart to jump on the EX... you can easily recoup the costs later down the road if you decide you don't want it.

People who can get the EX and end up passing baffle me...

Last edited:

I bet the likeness will be even better by the time it's released. I was just bummed that they wouldn’t let you order but one. Had to go elsewhere to get my second; there no way I was going to settle with one. I want to see it boxed and out on the shelf.

Dunno if this is a joke or not

I can confirm it's not a joke because I asked the same exact question in the other locked thread. :lol

I've seen the first movie a couple times and I honestly don't remember that.

Getting the exclusive was a no-brainer for me. I have no problem going all out for a great character and figure.

Just been told it comes in box of three...

Sounds as if the box will be big due to the base!!

I bet Nicholson's Joker will be a very popular discussion. Much more so than Keaton's figure. Especially if Nicholson's likeness is not 100%, the toys will fly out of the pram

It doesn't matter how accurate a sculpt, everyone has a unique interpretation for what they see. Toss in individual expectations and WHAMMO, people complain.

A more acceptable sculpt has less complainers (ie Supes) but a less acceptable sculpt has no bounds on complaining (Indy).

I ordered the EX and am thrilled about the release of the figure but more so at how well it turned out. If all of the Hot Toys figures take this long but get it to 95%-100% accuracy then it's worth the wait...more so with such an iconic figure.

Ordered 3: one to pose, one for the grave and the last for my son, who is going to be born in the end of november.

How the hell is the ex not sold out yet?

Meh, this board severely tainted those films for me that I no longer like them. Everytime somebody says The Dark Knight I think of Sideshow Freaks Joker foaming frenzies club.

I mean seriously, how the hell can anyone still be obsessed with those films from 2005/08 in 2011. It wasn't even a healthy obsession. It's disturbing.

Look at the Reeve discussions in this thread. I haven't seen the decent people act like they want to live in his pants.

X2

This thread is very impressive with well over 100 pages just in a day for a version of Superman that's 32 years old.

Knowing how popular Batman is relative to Superman, I wonder what the Burton Batman thread will be like when it's revealed? Of course a lot of its luster has worn off with Nolan's new vision but still....

Classic Superman movies > Classic Batman movies

HTs is making an absolute shat load of them.

HT is going to be making some $ here.

And that's why i fully expect ZOD, Jor-El, (black) Maybe a Luthor...And for sure a Clark. (Then again i could be TOTALLY wrong)

Last edited:

I wonder if this figure will affect the value of the Jor El figure.I would imagine more people want that Jor El now.

Back