1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Yeah, and the Mattel figure's good enough so why are they even making this? It's not like these things have to be perfect, right? They're just toys, after all, right? No reason to have any standards or expect them to capture an actor's likeness just because they've done it in the past. That was just a bonus. As long as it looks sort of like some kind of Superman, we're all good here, right?

WOW. You just compared Mattel's to Hot Toys, and said they are both good enough. You have got to be kidding me. :slap

Sucks to be the minority nitpickers on this forum. Let the guy have his opinion.

As to the comparison shot, I think it's hard to compare the eyes to different photos. One photo CR might be squinting and not in the next, so that can easily be relative to the context of the movie still. I certainly don't see Asian in this figure. I do think tweaking the eyes could yield some benefit. But, it's not even remotely important enough to affect my strong devotion to preordering this ASAP.

I doubt he can fold his arms otherwise there would be a pic, minor nit...

Anyone know the height of the fig? Reeve was like 6'4" and with the new body I bet it's taller.

30 cm, thought it would've been taller since he was indeed 6'4".

Eyes are asian... are keanu reeves... I'm a big fan... Not accurate bla bla bla...

Someones starting to sound like a broken record :lol

Starting to sound like a troll, wait it is a TROLL!

I realize it was sarcasm, but he is still saying it's just good enough, like Mattel's. But theirs was so far off, it was laughable compared to this.

HI-RES

134800lot6bh36br6bxnhn.jpg

134821anep10a3h0elv0v1.jpg

134833iid2jitlidtzplzp.jpg

1348459ec2qzpquvpugu6z.jpg

1348569wbu9wpqjztoluwo.jpg

134905vvfnrsnrotzsormr.jpg

134912z6445tlpwotw9tp5.jpg

134919yq2i0ixqqcyqttyb.jpg

1349306vqnzm2srq6qql1t.jpg

134940z6xw9s33hymww9hh.jpg

Yeah, and the Mattel figure's good enough so why are they even making this? It's not like these things have to be perfect, right? They're just toys, after all, right? No reason to have any standards or expect them to capture an actor's likeness just because they've done it in the past. That was just a bonus. As long as it looks sort of like some kind of Superman, we're all good here, right?

:blah :blah :blah :blah :ignore:

"Approximately" 30 cm.

Keep in mind: The HT Bruce Lee and TI/T2 Arnie figures are listed as "Approximately 30 cm" as well. But BL is more like 28/29 cm and both the T1/T2 Arnie's are like 31 cm.

Man, those high-res shots really sell it for me. Thanks, guys!

I doubt he can fold his arms otherwise there would be a pic, minor nit...

Anyone know the height of the fig? Reeve was like 6'4" and with the new body I bet it's taller.

height with HT figures don't bother me since the the T-800's with the extra long ankle joints. Arnold's official height is 6'2" though it's been questioned often to only be 6' flat. Yet his HT figure is taller than Wolverine and Thor (who share the same muscle body), and their actor's are 6'3" and 6'4" respectfully. so with the T-800's being taller than both those figuers height kind of goes out the window. this figure (Superman) Should be taller than the T-800's or the T-800's are too tall and this figure should be as tall as Wolverine and Thor however you want to look at it

but i have no complaints, this figure is more than I imagined it could be! it's perfect!

This is the SUPERMAN figure I've waited for my entire life... I'm 28 years old and wish I was 6 so I could enjoy it properly!

Note: I treated all of my figure back then as I do... with the upmost of care!!!

Thanks for high-res shots...

I am sold this is the best likeness to my favorite hero on the market.

Back