1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also you have to consider the figure in context of the time it was made. Quite an old figure now but holds up very well in my opinion.

I'd hope one day they give us a deluxe two pack with an improved Supes & a Clark Kent figure...but just wishful thinking.

I still think this figure is great. I had my problems with the crystal block on the base. They don't fit very well and the clear plastic stand doesn't work with the figures weight. But that's all on the accessories.

Figure itself was great.
I wish Returns Superman would get a similar update.

This figure isn't as universally loved as I thought then. Nor is DX09 come to think of it. I remember people chiming in with a few ''well, actually...'' type posts.

Mine has the same issue with the head. It sits on the figure instead of clicking in securely. Looks fine in museum poses but makes flying poses difficult.

Still one of the few figures I can't ever imagine selling. Even the box is awesome and I don't usually care about packaging. My only wish apart from a better cape is that it had come with a second sculpt. Would have loved a smiling Reeve sculpt. All HT Superman figures have that very stern look neglecting an essential part of the character.
Sounds like you might of cracked the neck adapter, this has happened to me on a few figs, fortunately they sell them on ebay now, so you can replace broken one.

mxGwTih.jpg

It's a meh figure for sure.

Sorry, but I love it. I could wish that the suit was a little less prone to snags, but other than that it's fantastic IMHO.

However, I do need a new neck connector thing! Can anyone point me in the direction of an auction for the exact one?

Edit - just saw the post above mine. Are they all the same size?

The black outline on the shield is annoying, the eyes aren't quite there, and the cape is bad, but overall this is one of my favourite figures. The sculpt is among the best in my small collection (topped by BD RoboCop and CW Tony Stark), and the tailoring on the suit is great (particularly the trunks, which could have been a problematic area from what I've seen on other figures).

Total movie accuracy isn't a big deal for me when it comes to this particular figure. It's the near perfect representation of Superman for my shelf, and I find it catches my eye more than many of my other pieces.

I bought this and the DX09 both last year so I could pair them on the shelf, and I have zero regrets. The only downside is that the Reeve figure is so striking it takes some attention away from Batman, haha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Mine has the same issue with the head. It sits on the figure instead of clicking in securely. Looks fine in museum poses but makes flying poses difficult.

Still one of the few figures I can't ever imagine selling. Even the box is awesome and I don't usually care about packaging. My only wish apart from a better cape is that it had come with a second sculpt. Would have loved a smiling Reeve sculpt. All HT Superman figures have that very stern look neglecting an essential part of the character.
Sounds like you might of cracked the neck adapter, this has happened to me on a few figs, fortunately they sell them on ebay now, so you can replace broken one.

mxGwTih.jpg

:duff Thanks for the tip, I will pick one up on eBay. I bought mine in 2016 pre-owned, it arrived in perfect condition apart from the neck issue.

It's a mass produced item, what are you expecting out of it at this price and quantity made?

Some people expect 1/6 figure sculpts to literally look like a miniaturized human head, otherwise it's garbage.

It's a meh figure for sure. The sculpt isn't great by any means, the body is not big enough (he should be 13+ inches tall), the costume isn't movie accurate, the cape is trash, pretty much no accessories, etc. But it is what it is and I'm glad I have at least some semi-nice looking figure of Reeve in 1/6.

Disagree about the sculpt, body and overall accuracy of the costume. The only things that really hold this figure back for me is the lackluster screen printed S glyph and the wired cape with the again, lackluster screen printed S glyph. I prefer non-wired capes as I think they drape more naturally. Unless you're going to pose the figure looking like it's standing in the middle of a hurricane, I think wired capes generally look odd because of the unnatural drape. Everything else about the costume though is fine.

I'm not sure how many accessories Superman can really come with, but I do think including the green Kryptonian crystal should have pretty much been a no brainer. Can't fathom why HT didn't include that as an accessory.

The sculpt we got is a nice enough happy medium in terms of expression - the 1:4 scale NECA sculpt is too stern so I might have passed on it even if I had been buying superhero 1:4 scalers at the time.

You're right though, would have been nice to get more than one sculpt and a smiling sculpt is sorely missed. And then of course there's the lack of a Clark Kent.
I think the stern look works nicely with action poses. For me the Hot Toys and NECA 1/4 CR Superman are winners. Sure there are some inaccuracies but the figures have quite an eye catching presence and there is no doubt who they represent.

People always **** on Sideshow, but their Supermans outfit and cape are made from better materials. The cape hangs nicely. And the chest logo is straight and doesn't have that god awful black outline.

All HT capes are terrible until BvS Superman.

IMO Sideshow really dropped the ball on their CR PF Superman. Frayed cape, wrong shaped S shield, skinny legs, weird pose and expression where it looks like he shat himself in mid flight.

mxGwTih.jpg
Mine has that cracked neck piece. I got mine new, never took the head off, and one day it just went plop. Head just feel to the floor. It still works mostly fine for me, even in flying poses, so I haven't put effort into replacing it, but it shouldn't have happened period for a piece that I never stressed.

I remember soon after these figures came out there were pictures posted of a version that came with a slightly different looking S emblem. Of course this was long ago and most pictures are gone now. Does anyone have one of these that I can get a pic of?

I’m thinking of getting a Reeve Superman, are there any common problems I need to watch out for?

The main 3 are the "S" emblem cracking, the neck adapter cracking (easily replaceable) and the rubber neck deterioration that might make him appear as if he's sweating.

With the advent of A:I.W., I decided to plump down and watch Superman (1978) for the first time. I indeed was surprised and liked the film.

Back