1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

No prob man. WTF with people's dad's threatening?! Crazy. I hope it all got smoothed over.

No prob man. WTF with people's dad's threatening?! Crazy. I hope it all got smoothed over.

What you been upto?? Lol.

I'll leave it up to the mods. Somebody got reported to the mods for some problem.
And he has complained to his dad that it must have been me.
I have no idea who it is or what has transpired.
I certainly never complained about anyone. So i am not overly worried.
The message i got mentioned me by name(Not hard, my name AND email is in my sigline), but talks about repenting to god and that god will stand in judgement on *me and my kind*.
But as i say, i didn't report anyone so it's not that big a deal.
Now if i had my *address* in my sigline, i'd be worried about them coming calling, lol.
:lol

Wasn't Nigel Ferage was it?? Lol.
Folk outside UK might not get that joke! Lol

Someone's DAD wrote to you? Wow, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Tell the dad to tell his kid to grow some ball5. I know what I'd tell my kid if they came to me with some lame story like that. Now that I think about it, why are 8 year olds allowed to post here anyway? I hope you dropped the guy's crazy email into the junk folder stat.

Someone's DAD wrote to you? Wow, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Tell the dad to tell his kid to grow some ball5. I know what I'd tell my kid if they came to me with some lame story like that. Now that I think about it, why are 8 year olds allowed to post here anyway? I hope you dropped the guy's crazy email into the junk folder stat.

Haha. Sent a quick message to Darklord Dave with a screencap of the email, and i don't expect to hear any more about it.
I also sent a quick reply saying i don't have a scooby what he's talkiing about, and to check his facts before blindly messaging people next time.

Wasn't Nigel Ferage was it?? Lol.
Folk outside UK might not get that joke! Lol

Haha.
What Nigel Ferage forgets is that we give that welcome to all the English people who come to Scotland...

I love Scotland, been many many times. Edinburgh is one of my top 3 cities. And I always feel really welcome.

I love Scotland, been many many times. Edinburgh is one of my top 3 cities. And I always feel really welcome.

Maybe you'd feel different if you were the chairman of UKIP and got egged or besieged by kilties trying to kill you, lol.

That's true. But I'm not a bigoted idiot! Lol.

Anyhoo. Superman rules!!! Lol.

Well we need to get rid of the suit for starters. Looks too ***gy.
And we don't want to see him fly.
We will need to have a battle at his castle. Where his guards fight some people who try to bust in.
Then we are going to need to see superman wrasstle a polar bear.
And fight a giant spider.
That's what we need from a new superman movie.

:rotfl

Haha, I'm not a fan of Kevin smith but I did find that anecdote of his quite funny. What could have been eh?

But the costume is whimsical 1930's, somewhat jarring and unbelievable today. Unless you're watching a cartoon.
Ah, yes. Those whimsical days of the Great Depression and rise of fascism. *bittersweet sigh* Why does the world nowadays have to be so "gritty and realistic" compared to the good old days?

I guess I just have an easier time believing a man can fly than believing he'd choose to wear a pair of knee-high red boots and red underwear over his skin-tight blue suit, finished with a canary yellow belt. At least they've addressed some of those issues in Man of Steel. ;)

I love Superman. But the costume is whimsical 1930's, somewhat jarring and unbelievable today. Unless you're watching a cartoon.

If they were to alter the costume any more then they have they'd be getting into territory where they may as well just create a new character. I love his new suit. He's still easily recognizable as Superman, but they really can't and shouldn't seek to alter it any further. They ditched the briefs and that's fine. I can at least wrap my head around that, but it should stop there. If anyone wanted it changed any further I'd have to question why they're even a fan at all if they have that much of a problem with the suit.

In this case, the suit doesn't make the man. ;) Imagine a Batman movie where the character is dressed like in (most of) the comics. It would look kind of ridiculous. Times change and these characters change too.

BTW, I didn't mean to imply that life in the 30's was whimsical, but that the depiction of the character in the comics was. The traditional character depiction is very much a product of that time.

In this case, the suit doesn't make the man. ;) Imagine a Batman movie where the character is dressed like in (most of) the comics. It would look kind of ridiculous. Times change and these characters change too.

BTW, I didn't mean to imply that life in the 30's was whimsical, but that the depiction of the character in the comics was. The traditional character depiction is very much a product of that time.

Well, the suit does play a pretty integral part. It's been there for 75 years. That's got to count for something. Yes, times change and he's been given an update in the New 52 and MOS. Not a total overhaul like you seem to want.

This is one problem of the whole realistic approach we saw in Nolan's Bat films and will see to a lesser extent in MOS. I thoroughly enjoyed those movies, but now because of them people think everything needs to have a rhyme and reason to it when really what they need to do is shut their brain off for a few minutes and just buy into the fantasy.

Exactly. I read a book in where they talked about how Batman's cloth suit is supposed to separate him from his rich and wealthy lifestyle. He's given that up when he's Batman. You're not supposed to see his wealth oozing out of his batsuit like you do in Nolan's trilogy. It's hardly a man in a cape at that point. I'm glad to shut the book on Nolan's batman and move onto the real kind of Batman we're used to.

Still one of my favourite figures! Can't wait to see what the 1/6th scale Man of Steel figure will look like standing next to Reeve :)

The suit is iconic so you really can't deviate from the traditional design too far or you are not respecting the source. Loose the underoos? I'm good with that. But the texture on the suit and making it darker is pushing it a bit. Granted a spandex costume in this day and age would seem pretty flamboyantly gay but we don't know what kind of alien fabric they may have on Krypton. It's perfectly feesible they have bodysuits like that. As for a cape? I think it's more symbolic and prestigious than having anything to do with his ability of flight aside from looking cool blowing in the wind for visuals but it's an iconic part of the character and therefore has to have it. Same goes for the family crest or "S" shield regardless of its symbolic status of representing "Superman" or the House of El. It is an iconic part of the character and the mythology.

As for Batman I would love to see a movie with him dressed in the gray and black or blue costume from the comics.

Still one of my favourite figures! Can't wait to see what the 1/6th scale Man of Steel figure will look like standing next to Reeve :)

Supes is one of my favourites too.

Can't wait for the Man of Steel figure to show up! :impatient:

I really need to add this awesome figure to my collection. I am looking for the exclusive version. 89 Batman and Joker figures need this guy to stand beside. The likeness is amazing.

This is one problem of the whole realistic approach we saw in Nolan's Bat films and will see to a lesser extent in MOS. I thoroughly enjoyed those movies, but now because of them people think everything needs to have a rhyme and reason to it when really what they need to do is shut their brain off for a few minutes and just buy into the fantasy.

Exactly. I read a book in where they talked about how Batman's cloth suit is supposed to separate him from his rich and wealthy lifestyle. He's given that up when he's Batman. You're not supposed to see his wealth oozing out of his batsuit like you do in Nolan's trilogy. It's hardly a man in a cape at that point. I'm glad to shut the book on Nolan's batman and move onto the real kind of Batman we're used to.

In defense of Nolan's Batman, (and every post-Adam West live action Batman really), the batsuit is armored because it's supposed to serve two purposes: (1) the look is to intimidate criminals (2) the practical function is to provide some protection to the mere mortal wearing it.

Even in the comics, the batsuit is reinforced with hundreds of thousand of dollars worth of armor and high-tech gadgetry. What type of non-Nolan "real kind of Batman" are you referring to being "used to"? A guy that puts on only a cloth spandex costume before he throws himself into situations with criminals who use knives and guns, relying only on his skill and luck to keep him alive night after night?

To bring it back to Superman, he just doesn't have that #(2) problem. He doesn't need to wear his suit as protection at all, so it's all about the look he is trying to project. Whether it's to inspire hope, or reflect his Kryptonian heritage or some combination thereof.

Back