1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Anyone has seen these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...166&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=221178962383&

I've just purchased one and am waiting for it. There's also a no neck version. I don't know if I will make a CK ( but the hairline is on the wrong side and I've already made one) or a new 52 Supes....

I'd like to see what you come up with. But the skin tone looks a bit dark for my tastes.
It could be a modern take on what Reeve as Kent might look like if Reeve were in his late 20's right now and filming the Man Of Steel...
But it's NOT a recast. It's too different from the HT version. Too tall, too thin and hair is different.
Post pics when you get it though.

It's a Korean version of Christopher Reeve. Make some adjustments to the ears and he'd make a great Romulan or Vulcan. But there's no way he's going to make a good Superman nor really a Clark Kent. ;)

I thought that too.
they have a huge stable of head-a-likes(James Franco, Sam worthington, Sylvester Stallone, etc), and they ALL have that romulan eyebrow/dark skin look.
Might be great for a budget project though.

It looks more like Tom Cruise! Lol. With a short emo hair cut.

Definitely not a recast. Very caricature-like chin, the features in the middle of the face look like they've had a warp/pinch filter in Photoshop applied, etc.

It looks more like Tom Cruise! Lol. With a short emo hair cut.

And ironically, their Tom Cruise head looks a BIT like Cruise, but reminds me of someone else and i can't put my finger on who...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...4572?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item337f60fc4c

Definitely not a recast. Very caricature-like chin, the features in the middle of the face look like they've had a warp/pinch filter in Photoshop applied, etc.

Yeah. All of their sculpts look like they got it done in Zbrush and 3d printed, but that the perspective was off in the original sculpt.
And they all have that romulan forehead thing going on...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...9606?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ac0aa5a46

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...4555?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item337f60fc3b

I'll say one (more) thing about these sculpts. They look like great alternatives for customs when you want a nice looking paint up but don't necessarily want a replica of an instantly recognizable actor. Obviously when using the sculpt for some character that particular actor did *not* portray on screen, otherwise it just looks like a miss. ;) If I were building out an army of Romulans or Vulcans, I'd grab all of those sculpts.

I'll say one (more) thing about these sculpts. They look like great alternatives for customs when you want a nice looking paint up but don't necessarily want a replica of an instantly recognizable actor. Obviously when using the sculpt for some character that particular actor did *not* portray on screen, otherwise it just looks like a miss. ;) If I were building out an army of Romulans or Vulcans, I'd grab all of those sculpts.

For that very reason, i usually buy cool looking heads for customs. No for a specific look, but just to have a cool head in case i need it.
I have about forty heads and stacks of parts waiting for projects, lol!

https://s52.photobucket.com/user/Al.../Hot Toys Spare Parts Folder?start=all&page=1

Last edited:

And ironically, their Tom Cruise head looks a BIT like Cruise, but reminds me of someone else and i can't put my finger on who...

To me it looks like Robert Shaw in Jaws (the mad fisherman!) lol.

To me it looks like Robert Shaw in Jaws (the mad fisherman!) lol.

That's it.
Farewell and adieu to you fair, spanish ladies.

Anyone has seen these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Mad...166&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=221178962383&

I've just purchased one and am waiting for it. There's also a no neck version. I don't know if I will make a CK ( but the hairline is on the wrong side and I've already made one) or a new 52 Supes....

Saw those and bought the tech noir terminator arnie sculpt.
Not as good as hot toys sculpt I reckon, but bought it on a whim, as my tech noir bash was headless for ages,waiting for a hot toys sculpt to get cheap, but always got outbid.
The quality in the paint is good but will rub off easy with too much play.

It's a Korean version of Christopher Reeve. Make some adjustments to the ears and he'd make a great Romulan or Vulcan. But there's no way he's going to make a good Superman nor really a Clark Kent. ;)

Yup looks just like Stonn from Amok Time!

Stonn.jpg

Superman figure now bought. Thank you Monkeybat!!
I'm gonna try start a pic-a-thon with all your poses.

So who's gonna start us off???

(I want some inspiration!) lol.

Just ordered mine....so excited

I know what you mean.... I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!!

So I'm sure you're eager to see people's poses too?

Have you seen the YouTube clip by tubermery? It's fooking amazing!!
Check it out.

Tubernery I meant! Lol.

No one wanting to show off their superman poses???

No one wanting to show off their superman poses???

Sorry. I couldn't access the forum for a bit there...
Some of the following are not the Reeve Superman, but you get the idea.
You'll want flight poses, floating in the air poses, power poses, and just plain old "Standing there looking menacing" poses.

IMG_2372.jpg:original

SAM_0204_zpse4c2bf59.jpg:original

SAM_0119_zps88cc8b28.jpg:original

13.jpg:original

6.jpg:original

4.jpg:original

IMG_2275.jpg:original

IMG_2018.jpg:original

IMG_1949.jpg:original

IMG_1314.jpg:original

They look cool.