1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Now that was entertaining. TFS.

004-4.jpg

011-1.jpg

009-6.jpg
Damn I want one of those Spider-man's so bad I can't stand it. I wish Side Show would start selling them again. Their payment plan would be the only way I could afford one. :(

if you add leg extenders, his pants will be too short. the deficit is too much, unfortunately (nearly 5 centimeters).

i'm not put off by it, by the way, since i don't have them on the same shelf. i was actually thinking of redoing him in a grey suit and giving this suit to my nolanverse scarecrow, partly because i got sick of trying to find a briefcase and overcoat that would match well enough and black/grey is easier. also, the small stature would work well for scarecrow since cillian murphy is a very slight guy.

so it's all good. i'm learning as i go....

Sorry to revisit this, but i built myself 35mm ankle extenders last week for a Reeve in suit custom(It's not a Bruce Lee suit, but i did won one of those on Ebay today, so i will give that a try too when it arrives). The large extenders that HT sells for Captain America and the DX10 etc weren't big enough, so i made a set twice the size just to see how they look(the suit jacket was too long as is, and it looked like Reeve had been cut off at the knees...)

IMG_2414.jpg

So, i extended the pegs a fair bit and he looks a lot better now.
He's a shade over 12" high now. Which looks far better when he's standing next to other figures.
Here are the pegs relative to the normal pegs and a couple of pics of his new size:

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2448_zpsf18755b8.jpg

Sorry to revisit this, but i built myself 35mm ankle extenders last week for a Reeve in suit custom(It's not a Bruce Lee suit, but i did won one of those on Ebay today, so i will give that a try too when it arrives). The large extenders that HT sells for Captain America and the DX10 etc weren't big enough, so i made a set twice the size just to see how they look(the suit jacket was too long as is, and it looked like Reeve had been cut off at the knees...)

IMG_2414.jpg

So, i extended the pegs a fair bit and he looks a lot better now.
He's a shade over 12" high now. Which looks far better when he's standing next to other figures.
Here are the pegs relative to the normal pegs and a couple of pics of his new size:

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2448_zpsf18755b8.jpg

That looks really cool, what materials did you use??? thanks for sharing.

he needs his hat and goofy glasse's and maybe a trench coat and briefcase for the clark look ,but look's good.

Looks a tad long in the leg. Maybe less extension?

Pants looks a tad too short now :lol

Looks a tad long in the leg. Maybe less extension?

Yep. His trousers need moving down a bit, lol. It looks better than the "5ft 1inch" version!

I'm getting a 'Don Draper' vibe there.. :lol

For sure. It was just a test. I am hoping to get a better suit for it, and i have a new set of glasses on the way from Japan.

he needs his hat and goofy glasse's and maybe a trench coat and briefcase for the clark look ,but look's good.

Thanks. It's amazing the difference the height makes to his presence.

That looks really cool, what materials did you use??? thanks for sharing.

I drilled the small pegs straight through for starters(At a 2mm thickness, as that was the diameter of alu tubing i was going to use for the extension).
Then i chopped them at the halfway point(The reason for drilling them straight through first is so that the drilled hole lines up after chopping).
I cut a length of 2mm tubing and glued it to one side, then added a sleeve of the next two larger sizes(The tubing i use is telescopic, with each larger size snugly fitting over the previous size), and that is done for strength.
After that was done, the other ball joint was glued on.
Finally i drilled small peg holes through the peg "neck" and inserted thin metal pegs to stop the pegs ever coming loose. You can see these in the image of the pegs above.
It's pretty simple and only took about five minutes.

When you make the legs that long it makes his arms too short.

Back