1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Complain to no end to SS!

I hate doing that though. Calling, sending emails, I just hate it. I know every problem that I've had with them (so far, just the Begins Batman and Reeve Superman) warrants their attention but I feel like a pest. Like they're going to put me on a list and be like "oh, it's this guy again".

I don't want them to think I'm taking advantage of them but at the same time, this kind of crap infuriates me. I'm sick of having this feeling of dread when I open Hot Toys figures. Each time I open up a package I'm left thinking "what's going to be the problems with this one". Did they think I wouldn't notice covering up "SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE VERSION" or the way they packed it or the missing contents? I could see if they did it in a way where a buyer wouldn't notice but this is blatantly obvious.

But yeah, not going to even bother with a replacement. They can have this one back and try and sell it to someone who won't notice/doesn't care.

I'm never going to buy a figure that gets sold out/wait listed ever again. Just the fact that I would receive something that someone else had already opened and messed with drives me nuts.

Still, if that's what you feel they did. You need to let them know you KNOW about it and are not happy.

GL

That totally sucks, DiFabio. Someone else probably did return it for maybe just the off center S and Sideshow figured another customer might not be as picky. Unfortunately, I think Sideshow does this all the time. People return their figures for various reasons, and Sideshow probably inspects them to determine whether someone else might not mind whatever defect is supposed to be there, then puts it back in the warehouse. This is probably how waitlists convert half the time.

I can kinda understand it, as sometimes someone on the waitlist might be so desperate for the figure they might be willing to overlook some minor defects. But maybe Sideshow should be more upfront about it and offer these returned figures at a discount.

I've purchased previously owned figures before but I always knew that up front. Very low class of Sideshow to sell a used and not tell you.

Gawd, I have another Supes from SS using Flexpay that I should get in Feb. I hope they don't send me a repackaged one now, by then, it might be hard to exchange, can't believe SS would do something like this.

Gawd, I have another Supes from SS using Flexpay that I should get in Feb. I hope they don't send me a repackaged one now, by then, it might be hard to exchange, can't believe SS would do something like this.

Maybe you'll get the exact one I'm sending back!

Oscorp, I am totally stealing that pose. I freakin' love it.

I hate doing that though. Calling, sending emails, I just hate it. I know every problem that I've had with them (so far, just the Begins Batman and Reeve Superman) warrants their attention but I feel like a pest. Like they're going to put me on a list and be like "oh, it's this guy again".

I don't want them to think I'm taking advantage of them but at the same time, this kind of crap infuriates me. I'm sick of having this feeling of dread when I open Hot Toys figures. Each time I open up a package I'm left thinking "what's going to be the problems with this one". Did they think I wouldn't notice covering up "SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE VERSION" or the way they packed it or the missing contents? I could see if they did it in a way where a buyer wouldn't notice but this is blatantly obvious.

But yeah, not going to even bother with a replacement. They can have this one back and try and sell it to someone who won't notice/doesn't care.

I'm never going to buy a figure that gets sold out/wait listed ever again. Just the fact that I would receive something that someone else had already opened and messed with drives me nuts.

No kidding.

It's disturbing that one of the simplest figures Hot Toys has done has so many QC problems.

As far as Sideshow goes...how long before they start offering "battle damaged" Superman figures?

Got my replacement today. Everything's cool!

003-4.jpg

Very film like, I mean the way the cape is. Love how it's the right amount of puffiness around the neck when landing. It always reminded me of a very soft red towel.

It's disturbing that one of the simplest figures they've done has so many QC problems.

It's more disturbing it's becoming a standard practice.

As far as Sideshow goes...how long before they start offering "battle damaged" Superman figures?

I'd take one! but not at retail.

If Sideshow is going to repackage and sell a figure as new, that is unethical. It is technically used at that point. The box had been opened and repackaged. It should be sold at a discount.

If that becomes a regular practice, then SSC=The GameStop of collecting.

Maybe you'll get the exact one I'm sending back!

Ya, now I'm totally worried about this. I don't want an opened and defective Supes. I hate to cancel now with the Flexpay cancellation fees, but if it's an obviously opened one I'm gonna have to ask for a full refund.

If Sideshow is going to repackage and sell a figure as new, that is unethical. It is technically used at that point. The box had been opened and repackaged. It should be sold at a discount.

:goodpost: :exactly: ...keep us updated Difabio.

I picked mine up at my local e-tailer (also has a bricks and mortar shop) inspected and no problems what so ever. Had a real good look after my wife and child went to bed and I am just blown away at how great this figure is. Opening this up was like peeling thru layers of an onion. The likeness and overall feel of this figure/packaging is mind-blowing. WAY more anticipation and excitement than opening a DX.

This is one the best HS to date for HT (or any company)in my opinion, and I have over 50+ to compare:thud:

I actually got quite emotional thinking how C.R. would react if he could see his likeness in 1:6th...maybe a smile.

That begs the question, did Reeve's kids see it/get one? It would probably be quite emotional for them.

Back