1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

No. 5 - 10 seconds to heat the base up and they pop right in.

Buy it!

Didn't work thast easily for me. I used a hair dryer, still no luck. Considering glue!

I'm just curious... Are the ice crystals on the stand as bad as some people make it out to be? And are there any other QC issues I should be aware of?

Contemplating buying one for Christmas, but just have to make sure its not riddled with problems like Batman/Bruce Wayne. :gah:

Dude don't worry. Buy Superman. You will be glad you did. I used a hairdryer on my crystals and base to get them to fit into the base and they are snug and tight now. This is no where near a problem like the new Batman. And there are no QC issues outside of a few snags on the suit or a S symbol that is a bit off center. But I believe Sideshow has replaced those.

Thanks vodoun & jrice73 :).

At first I thought I wanted a Jack Sparrow... but now I'm conflicted and think I want Superman...

I plan on buying 1989 Batman / Joker ... so leaning towards Supes makes more sense ?? :slap:gah:

I'm just curious... Are the ice crystals on the stand as bad as some people make it out to be? And are there any other QC issues I should be aware of?

Contemplating buying one for Christmas, but just have to make sure its not riddled with problems like Batman/Bruce Wayne. :gah:

The ice crystals are a non-issue if you have access to a hair dryer. You simply heat the base and this softens it so you can get the pieces in. The main problems seem to be snags which I was lucky enough to have none of and crooked S's. My front S was a little too far to the left but you can straighten it out by unzipping the back and slowly migrating the fabric to the direction you like to adjust it. I found however that this made the S on the cape off center. But I really only look at it from the front so whatever. I think the complexity of a skin tight body suit & cape creates a host of balancing issues so you have to accept and work with it.

I'm glad you asked those questions! This will be my 1st Hottoys collectible...just have to work up the nerve to make my 1st 1/6 scale figure purchase. I mostly collect Sideshow PF's so this a a bit of a departure for me.

But this looks too cool to pass up.

Of course I have access to a hair dryer, I'm a female haha :yess::yess::yess:

But it's good to know that this minor issue can be fixed and it won't just topple over in my detolf when no one is looking.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah, I haven't really seen a good "fists on hips" pose yet...that...and arms folded across the chest...are hard to achieve on TT bodies.

Not a fan of the Mattel suit either. I like the shoulder seams on the HT suit, it gives the figure a broader, more powerful looking presence. The other gives that slump shouldered, Mike Mignola look which I'm not fond of....and it looks funny with the powerful thighs of the TT body.

Agreed on all counts.

I think mine came out pretty good.

]
capefront2-vi.jpg

I have to admit, this is the best hand-on-hips pose I've seen. :duff

I'd say it came out pretty damn good. :D

As good as it's gonna get.

Plant the American Flag in the FOS hole or maybe print out a NYC Skyline backdrop and you're good to go.

well thats the trade off i'm afraid. You cant get those deep bends without using the pivots to the near max. Unless someone wanted take a dremel tool and file down the elbow links? I'm ok with the final look as it mirrors the classic pose I love. It's so close that I suspect they used these photos knowing that we would want to pose them like that. Just so pleased with this figure.

superman%201.jpg
capefront2-vi.jpg

Got mine up finally. As always, sorry for the crappy pic...
fae7baf6.jpg

I love how buff Batman looks there. Those Rocky flags are so nice!
___

Some old photos.

6463676491_e2ae387b49_b.jpg

6463677119_74a8e9d627_b.jpg

6463677807_e7d26ac98a_b.jpg

I used to have a few of the Rocky US flags with Rocky and Apollo Creed. But I sold them on here a while back. :gah:

Now I gotta get one again for my Superman. That picture of him holding the flag is great! I want to try and pose my Superman as he was when he held the flag in both hands at the end of Superman II. :)

The middle pose above is beautiful.

I finally got my Superman today, it really is gorgeous, anyone who's on the fence about it should get it, it's as good as it gets, a beautiful accurate figure of an icon.

Looking at this figure I can't believe people have been looking for things to dislike about it, how sad, it's amazing.

Looking at this figure I can't believe people have been looking for things to dislike about it, how sad, it's amazing.

Yeah, It's really so amazing that the only thing you can do is search for something thats not perfect.

Yeah, It's really so amazing that the only thing you can do is search for something thats not perfect.

Yes, the off-centre 'S' shields are a shame but as someone said earlier, I feel that these, and the snags, are the trade-off with such a tight fitting fabric suit.

I think that it is safe to say that the genreal consensus of opinion is very high. I know that I love our 2 SM figures (one regular and one exclusive) and my wife - for whom the exclusive was a 6th anniversary present - is bowled over by them. The feeling from reading this thread, once the figure actually started arriving, has been one of exceptional satisfaction. It seems that there is very little to have to 'put right' and that is in no way a bad thing.

Let's face it...if there had only ever been the MATTEL figure...

1. This thread would be alive with face sculpt mods.customs
  2. This thread would be alive with face paint mods/customs
  3. This thread would be alive with cape mods/customs
  4. This tread would be alive with body suit mods/customs
  5. This thread would be alive with boot mods/customs
  6. This thread would be alive with body-type swap-outs/cutoms
  7. We'd all have one...maybe two.

...and so on. And whilst that is not actually a bad thing in itself, it certanly would fire up the imagination and creativity of members here, it is also nice to just enjoy looking at the new figure without too much concern, for once.

Last edited:

A quick shot of how i display mine

Had the kids last night at home (mom's away on a business trip) and they saw the HT Superman figure.
They were in awe.
My 8 year old son simply said "now that's Superman"!
And they've never even seen the movie.
It's a testament to just how perfectly the design of the suit and the Christopher Reeve look work.

Received mine today. What a gem. Its a figure I like so much that I don't want to touch it too much so I won't wreck it somehow LOL. I was originally on the fence about this figure. Glad I fell off on the right side. It really stands out from all the other HT figures I own. It should be interesting to see what figure catches the most attention when people are visiting for the holidays.

Back